ThePowerOfLove

Your keeper boats for each tier?

My keepers would be:

T1-T3: none, if I must chose some, then the Tier 2 and Tier 3 IJN DDs.

T4: none, I use the Nikolai if I need to play T4

T5: Murmansk of course and the Kongo is a keeper for me too. Furutaka is fun too, but did not keep it.

T6: Warspite and both BBs are keepers (Fuso and NM..had to sell because needed credits but will rebuy). I also kept the Cleveland. But not the Aoba

T7: none, but will have the ARP Myoko there.

T8: Tirpitz and Amagi. I heard good things about russian and american DDs, but don't know myself.

T9: Iowa..would also stop there and not get the Montana

T10: all you grinded :)

Excluding premiums my keepers are (or have been):

Isokaze, Minekaze, Kongo, Wyoming, Fuso (which I need to rebuy), Nagato, Amagi, North Carolina, Kberg, Nurnberg, Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko.

I have loads more than that but I probably need to do a clear out.

T1: Erie

T4: Nikolai, Yubari, (I kept the Arkansas, but it isn't my flavor)

T5: Murmansk, Marblehead, Kongo if I ever get to it, Furutaka, Gremyaschy (Overall better Gnevny)

T6: Cleveland, New Mex looks good, never played it, Fuso

T7: Maybe Myoko, only 7s I have right now are the Sims and Pensacola, neither are amazing.

T8-10 I have no experience with

Only up to tier 6 so far, but for me the keepers are:

tier 2: none

tier 3: St. Louis (it's all guns)

tier 4: Phoenix (elited the thing clubs like mad), Kuma (just like the Phoenix, but with viable torps), Wyoming (it's if the St. Louis was a BB)

tier 5: Omaha/Marblehead/Murmansk (whichever you can get a hold of), Kongo (best mid tier BB hands down)

tier 6: Cleveland, Fuso (a Kongo with more guns)

Don't write off any ships until elited too, BBs especially don't come into their own until you have everything unlocked. The Kongo for example is horrible to play until you get the third hull upgrade.

T1-2: Meh.....DDs maybe but otherwise..meh...

T3: St. Louis!

T4: Kuma and Phoenix are a blast to play.

T5: Konigsberg, Omaha, Kongo

T6: Fuso, Cleveland (mind you it's paper but the damage output is insane)

T7: Honestly...I can't think of one. They are really weak. The Blyscwica! Basically the Kiev with better concealment and torps.

T8: Tirpitz, Atago, Benson, Fubuki (Best gunboat and best torp boat)

T1: Orlan, no reason other than it's the last T1 I had. Kept it so I have something to play with, with people I try to introduce the game to. First one to go if I need port space. 

T2: None unless premium ships. If you are looking for one, Dresden/Emden isn't bad. it's like a T2 St. Louis

T3: I didn't keep any, but St. Louis and Kolberg  comes to mind if you are looking for one at this tier. 

T4: None myself, but  Kuma and Pheonix isn't bad. I think the only reason why I don't keep T4s is because there are so many T5 ships that completely outshines everything at this tier and plays very similarly to the best ships in T4. Imp Niokolai is pretty good too if you want to spend $$$.

T5: One of the best tier in the game, Marblehead,Murmansk,Koinsberg and Kongo. I only dumped Omaha because I already have two premium clones of it, otherwise it's a keeper. 

T6: Warspite, NM, (Fuso too if I had port space), cleveland and Independence. Independence is the first CV I kept mostly just to have one at a lower tier, and it's really the only pre T8 USN CV you'd want to keep if you are considering to keep any since it has speed and its 1/1/1 loadout isn't completely overwhelmed by IJN CVs yet. I suspect I'll be keeping Nuremburg as well once I get there but haven't gotten there yet. 

T7: Nagato is one of my favorite at this tier, maybe Hiryu when I finish its grind but haven't decided yet. Blyscwica if you have it. Maybe the Myoko,? I haven't decided yet. 

T8: Tirpitz, Amagi, and North Carolina, all three are great BBs at least from what I've seen so far. Lexington for nostalgic reasons. Mogami? Looks pretty good from the otherside of the lawn so far. Atago seems pretty good if I ever to decide to spend gold on it. 

T9: I haven't gotten here yet, but Iowa & Essex for nostaglic reasons. 

T10: Montana, Yamato, Midway, Taiho... basically any line I can get to the end of. 

I try to have at least 1 good ship in each class at each tier from T4 up so that I can particiate in any combination of Rank tiers they'd come up with. Except DDs because I am a total n00b at DDs. 

my current ships:  Orlan, Albany, Emden, Umikaze, Aurora, Arkansas, Isokaze, Iwaki, Yuubari, Clemson, Kuma, Pheonix (grinding), Kongo, Konigsberg (grinding, might keep), Minekaze, Gremyashchy, Murmansk, Marblehead, Warspite, Mutsuki (grinding), Sims, Myoko (grinding, will keep Arpeggio version), Nagato, Amagi, Atago, Tirpitz, Iowa, Yamato.   Right now, I'm going for IJN DD's and CA's, will probably go up US DD's and DE CA's next, and pick a CV line to continue up, as I have T7 on both researched.

Out of the 4 enemy types in the game, the Cleveland comfortably deals with 3 of them.

Aircraft (CVs), DDs, CAs- check

The one thing that Cleveland will struggle against are BBs. Sure, you can HE spam them but it takes a long time for them to burn to death.

My keepers at the moment (excluding prems) are the isokaze, kberg, possibly the new mex (I'll grind to the Iowa though) and the Cleveland.

Granted I've only gotten to tier 6 US DDs, Tier 5 IJN DDs, Tier 5 US cruisers and BBs and Tier 4 IJN BBs and cruisers but so far my favorite has been the Minekaze. (Tier 5 IJN DD)  I'll probably keep that. As an aside I do like the New York and Omaha but I can't see myself keeping them once their successors are unlocked.

You'll go wow when you 1st get the Cleveland, the 4x3 turrets will be guaranteed to put a smile of your face.

the New Mex also has 4x3 turrets which is a lot better than the New Yorks arrangement. Although I haven't unlocked the C hull myself yet, the ship is tough and can take a beating from tier 6-7 opponents. Tier 8s will wreck you although you can still be competitive at this tier.

Tier 1: No, god no.

Tier 2: Everything here gives me cancer.

Tier 3: Tenryu (if you have a captain with AFT then it is the best tier three since it is fast and it can just out range everything else in tier by a retarded margin), St. Louis, and South Carolina. Everything else is literal garbage.

Tier 4: Phoenix, Kuma, and Imperator Nikolai.

Tier 5: Various Omaha iterations, Minekaze, maybe the Kongo.

Tier 6: Every single battleship. Tier 6 is probably the best balanced tier in the game for battleships. They are all decent, and none of them feel really superior or inferior when compared to each other. To cruisers it is the Aoba and the Nurnberg since the Cleveland is fucking shit.

Tier 7: Nagato, Pensacola, and Myoko.

Tier  8: Tirpitz, Amagi, New Orleans, Mogami, and Fubuki.

Tier 9: Iowa, please note that I don't think that the Iowa is actually all that great. It's just that Tier 9 is kind of a cesspool for battleships. Except for having a bit more HP; neither of the currently available battleships are significant improvements over their Tier 8 predecessors, and they are both stupidly bad when facing their Tier 10 successors. The Iowa is the least shitty option. All the tier 9 cruisers seems decent, though the recent lack of carriers makes the Baltimore the least useful of the three. From what I have seen all the Destroyers seem good enough thought the Kagero seems like the best option.

Tier 10: Given how much time and effort it takes to get one of these if you ever sell one then you are a fucking retard.

I seem to be one of the few people who despises the cleveland. 

it's just really hard to fail miserably in it, guess that's why it is so loved.

I'm with Onboard in hating the Cleveland. The only thing it really does is leave people totally unprepared for the Pensacola.

T2 umakaze

T3 St Louis

T4 Isokaze, Kuma, Clemson

T5 Kongo, Omaha, minekaze

T6 cleveland, aoba, Fuso

T7 Myoko, Pensacola, Negato, Mahan (may change mind on Mayhan)

T8 Benson, Fubuki, Amagi

T9 Kagero

I have no T10,s but all of them look good on paper. I did not include any premiums. I have all of them except Atago. I will purchase her at some point.

And because of that and the fact is has superior range with accurate enough guns, combined with almost cruiser like speed, you have a very powerful and flexible platform. You do not even feel undertiered in a T7 game. The only bad thing about the ship is lackluster AA and secondaries.

When playing against T5 and the smallish maps there, you can almost shoot everywhere on the map. And even hit where you shoot. The Kongo just wrecks the T5 competition.

The Kongo has pretty thin armour and pretty hittable citadels tbh. It's tough when angled though because of the amazing gun arcs. The speed is what makes it. It's not tough but it can flex like nothing else before T8.

Kongo feels like it has tier 7 armor. Probably small citadel or something, hard to citadel even with nagato or colorado.

It has the holy trinity at T5, the best combination of speed, survivability, and firepower while remaining competitive against T7s.