ThePowerOfLove

Your keeper boats for each tier?

3 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

Nah, the Kongo has range, firepower, accuracy and just enough armor on its side. The NY is brawly but it just can't get places.

The inaccuracy is ridiculous, it absolutely never hits, ofcourse meaning aim and lead perfectly. And with the few guns it means even less chance of a hit. I found the speed a con imo if you get caught off guard by torp bombers it needs a full moon to turn. But the pretty much what's killing it is the inaccuracy.

2 minutes ago, kariverson said:

The inaccuracy is ridiculous, it absolutely never hits, ofcourse meaning aim and lead perfectly. And with the few guns it means even less chance of a hit. I found the speed a con imo if you get caught off guard by torp bombers it needs a full moon to turn. But the pretty much what's killing it is the inaccuracy.

I've never found accuracy an issue in the Kongo unless I'm spunking off shots at 20km. It's actually one of the more accurate battleships.

I'm pretty sure the Kongo has tighter dispersion at 18km than the New York does at 15km, and that's before mounting the accuracy modfication that the US line doesn't even get until tier 9.

IDK why it feels that way for me. Myabe it's because I went with the reload mod instead of the accuracy one mainly because it didn't state how much it improves it. I guess I'll remove it and install the other one because right now it feels that the dispersion at 10km is worse than New Yorks at 15. You can see the huge difference in my stats with them.

20 minutes ago, kariverson said:

IDK why it feels that way for me. Myabe it's because I went with the reload mod instead of the accuracy one mainly because it didn't state how much it improves it. I guess I'll remove it and install the other one because right now it feels that the dispersion at 10km is worse than New Yorks at 15. You can see the huge difference in my stats with them.

Kongo doesn't have a reload mod (if you mean main battery).  That mod slows your reload in exchange for making your turrets turn faster.  Accuracy is a 7% reduction in dispersion.

3 hours ago, kariverson said:

I noticed I hit a lot of cruiser citadels with the New York also. Good ship, so much better than the kongo.

3 hours ago, Mesrith said:

:foreveralone:

^^^

1 hour ago, Mesrith said:

Kongo doesn't have a reload mod (if you mean main battery).  That mod slows your reload in exchange for making your turrets turn faster.  Accuracy is a 7% reduction in dispersion.

Wow can I be that kind of a retard? I fucking am. Thanks for that I'll read more carefully next time. xD

My Tier plan:

Tier 3: St Luis

Tier 4: Isokaze, Kuma, Yubari

Tier 5: Omaha, Konigsberg

Tier 6: Fuso

Tier 7: Atlanta, Sims

Tier 8: NC, Adm Hipper

Tier 9: Iowa, Roon

Tier 10: Dunno yet, Montana?, Yamato?, Hindenburg?

I'm considering starting the game on EU.

Can anyone recommend a decent line for a novice with some nice keeper boats?

1 hour ago, Birkovic said:

I'm considering starting the game on EU.

Can anyone recommend a decent line for a novice with some nice keeper boats?

Really depends, you can't really go wrong with any nation, I would suggest try them all till tier 4-5, you can get a really good feel for each nation and type of ship by that point and doesn't really take that long to get there

That said here's my list:

T3: South Carolina - dangerous ship for a seal clubber that knows how to use a BB, the Saint Luise is a close second though

T4: Wyoming - Recently repurchased this ship for the missions and wow I should have never sold it, I regularly get over 70k damage and broke into the 100k realm several times, crazy bad dispersion but with RNG is on your side its a absolute monster

T5:  Kongo -  I'm torn between the NY and Omaha on this, I just re bought the NY and I loved it before (had my best game 156k damage in a T8 game, because when I played it you could see T8 matches). The Omaha is tempting because it is a nightmare for other ships if left alone with the amount of shells it can spit out. I decided to go with Kongo because when it used to see T8 matches I never felt under gunned, it has great speed and good guns which aloud it to be used everywhere

T6: New Mexico - I was torn between this and the Fuso, I did very similar in them both on the first run through to T7. It took the same amount of games, similar average damage, similar survivibility and accuracy. I kept the NM because it was tougher and I always seemed to have fun in it, its still my go-to ship when I'm having a bad time, the Fuso wasn't as much fun because it is alot softer and CVs loved attacking me because of the weak AA and because its length guaranteed I was eating some torps

T7: Colorado - I want to like the Nagato but I don't which is weird because I love the Colorado. Both have great guns, the Colorado has hilariously awesome AA especially when speced for it, I completely wrecked two CVs one game that were T5 and T6 then decided to single me out, I ended up with 40+ plane kills

If you're a newbie then Japanese cruisers, Japanese BBs and American DDs will teach you everything by T10. All three lead to very good T10 ships and all three have good times getting there. Once you're more experienced the US BBs are now very competitive.

6 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

If you're a newbie then Japanese cruisers, Japanese BBs and American DDs will teach you everything by T10. All three lead to very good T10 ships and all three have good times getting there. Once you're more experienced the US BBs are now very competitive.

Thank you. That was exactly the kind of answer, which I was looking for.

2 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Thank you. That was exactly the kind of answer, which I was looking for.

If you do not mind colorful anime ships I  recommend you aim to finish the Arppegio Missions. I believe EU can get the ARP  Kirishima (Kongo clone) and ARP Haguro (Myoko clone) during the current Arppegio event. Both are excellent ships in their respective IJN lines. You might end up getting them anyways if you are going down those lines but I've found it useful to have multiple copies of these excellent ships when trying to complete certain events; assuming of course that you do not mind having a cartoon looking ship in a WW2 themed game with anime girls as your commander. 

I can't seem to find my captain. How do I get them on ships? :cri:

2 hours ago, Marynsar said:

Depends on your actual Rank, IIRC you only see the captains after rank 5 or 6 of your account.

This. There's a weird feature unlock system. Just spam the ship line you want because I believe the game gives you a bunch of captain XP once you unlock captains.

Acutally, it helps new players to understand the game concepts one at a time, mainly the players that are not familiar with WOT.

So here's my current list of ships I've kept that aren't premiums

Tier 1&2: nothing

Tier 3: Tenryu

Tier 4: Myogi

Tier 5: Furutaka, Zuiho, Nicholas

Tier 6: Aoba, Fuso

Tier 7: Myoko

Tier 8: North Carolina

I haven't kept anything. The only one I miss sometimes is the Roon. Liked the Amagi, but didn't see a point in keeping it. If I want to play the best tier 8 bb, I have a Tirpitz. If I want to play the best tier 6 cruiser, I have a Molotov. Premiums fill the gaps, except in tier 9.