Valachio

Valachio Watches - Kickstarter is Live!

10 hours ago, Haswell said:

Bump for stretch goals. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/valachio/true-luxurious-minimalism-valachio/posts/1466804

Can I get a darker shade of blue for the strap?

Thanks for the bump fam!

Unfortunately no.  We don't plan on producing more than 1 shade of each color.

7 hours ago, methebest said:

a darker dial?

Darker dial is possible.

So the unicum edition is basically going to be wotlabs exclusive, seeing as how not many people actually know what unicum means. That's not to say they are, that's just the way I see it. (looking forwards to when I have money for a sick val watch)

1 hour ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

So the unicum edition is basically going to be wotlabs exclusive, seeing as how not many people actually know what unicum means. That's not to say they are, that's just the way I see it. (looking forwards to when I have money for a sick val watch)

That's correct.  It will be sold exclusively on the Wotlabs store and produced in limited quantites.

9 hours ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

59aa28a282ac9e2c7a47922c26a46547.jpg

Is a watch-face like this in the works? I understand the whole understated theme but a dark purple face on a gold watch looks awesome, and seems like it grabs alot of attention. what do you guys think about the purple design?

I will talk with our supplier to see if they can produce purple dials.  Pretty sure it is possible.

2 hours ago, Valachio said:

I will talk with our supplier to see if they can produce purple dials.  Pretty sure it is possible.

BTW you have me locked in, I have convinced my parents to buy me on of the unicum editions for 21st Birthday, by then my overall should look the part :^)

Gave the kickstarter link to a whole bunch of my friends in the industry, including WG, hopefully it helps. 

13 hours ago, Haswell said:

Bump for slowly ticking down deadline...

:cri:

3 hours ago, Solono said:

Gave the kickstarter link to a whole bunch of my friends in the industry, including WG, hopefully it helps. 

Thanks babes <3

I've backed it for one watch already but I am considering throwing down for another as well in the next few days.

5 hours ago, methebest said:

There should be a spike in the last few days, question is will it be enough.

The spike doesn't always happen.  It really depends on how effective your marketing plan is.  I am out of ideas on what other marketing tactics to use, might need to take a course on marketing in university.

5 hours ago, Duckwah said:

I've backed it for one watch already but I am considering throwing down for another as well in the next few days.

I appreciate the support

I'm no marketing genius but I know a little bit about it and it's a numbers game.

How have you been marketing it?  

Your Facebook page has less than 200 likes and your instagram and twitter don't have huge followings either. 

Not criticising, I am actually just wondering where you've picked up so many supporters already given your fairly low profile on social media.

If you haven't done so already I'd highly, highly recommend running a week of Facebook ads to boost likes on the page and spend some money boosting posts (photos work really well) to widen your audience.

FB advertising is dirt cheap and you might find that an investment of $100-200 in getting page likes and boosting posts about the kick-starter will give you the traffic you need reach your goal.

My girlfriend and I are currently working on a crowd funding campaign for a kids product and even though our goal is only to get $10,000 we are not launching until we have about 2000 Facebook page likes.

I would also recommend that the best place to look for more sales is with the people who have already committed to buy.  

I know that you have ability to send out emails to your backers and I would think about some kind of offer to incentivise people to up their pledge even if it is only for another $5, 10 or $20 to get the project over the line.  Offer people a spare strap in a different colour, recognition on a website, some sort of thank you thing etc.

As you get close to the end of the campaign ask your current backers to spread the word to their friends.  These people want you to hit the target because they want your product and if you appeal to them along the lines of "we are so close, help us get it over the line" you will find a percentage of people will up their level of support.

If you want any more of my (limited) insights feel free to message me.  I haven't done a crowd funding campaign yet but I spent several years selling E-books and training courses online on a very limited budget and I'm sure a lot of the lessons I learnt can be applied to your campaign in some way.

EDIT - I just saw that your campaign ends on VALENTINES DAY.

Run some FB advertising about it being a perfect gift for guys etc and target women in the 18 - 30 range.

6 hours ago, Duckwah said:

I'm no marketing genius but I know a little bit about it and it's a numbers game.

Your Facebook page has less than 200 likes and your instagram and twitter don't have huge followings either. 

Not criticising, I am actually just wondering where you've picked up so many supporters already given your fairly low profile on social media.

If you haven't done so already I'd highly, highly recommend running a week of Facebook ads to boost likes on the page and spend some money boosting posts (photos work really well) to widen your audience.

FB advertising is dirt cheap and you might find that an investment of $100-200 in getting page likes and boosting posts about the kick-starter will give you the traffic you need reach your goal.

My girlfriend and I are currently working on a crowd funding campaign for a kids product and even though our goal is only to get $10,000 we are not launching until we have about 2000 Facebook page likes.

I would also recommend that the best place to look for more sales is with the people who have already committed to buy.  

I know that you have ability to send out emails to your backers and I would think about some kind of offer to incentivise people to up their pledge even if it is only for another $5, 10 or $20 to get the project over the line.  Offer people a spare strap in a different colour, recognition on a website, some sort of thank you thing etc.

As you get close to the end of the campaign ask your current backers to spread the word to their friends.  These people want you to hit the target because they want your product and if you appeal to them along the lines of "we are so close, help us get it over the line" you will find a percentage of people will up their level of support.

If you want any more of my (limited) insights feel free to message me.  I haven't done a crowd funding campaign yet but I spent several years selling E-books and training courses online on a very limited budget and I'm sure a lot of the lessons I learnt can be applied to your campaign in some way.

Run some FB advertising about it being a perfect gift for guys etc and target women in the 18 - 30 range.

Yep, FB is really cheap for this stuff, i trowed couple times a few bucks on campaign, and get easily 10k reach in few hours. Whole month i didn't as much as that.

8 hours ago, Duckwah said:

65%+ of our backers come directly from Kickstarter (people browsing Kickstarter campaigns).  We tried FB ads on 2 of our posts, didn't make a difference at all unfortunately.  Probably not doing it right, will give it another try.

One of the mistakes we made is not building a solid audience before launch.  We only got serious about social media after the campaign started.  I have a girl handling Instagram for us, but we're not gaining as much followers as we had hoped.

We'll definitely try communicating with our backers more.  I think that'll definitely help.

Problem with the idea of a Valentine's gift is that the watches don't ship until May.  That'll be a pretty late Valentine's gift.

Best of luck in your Kickstarter project.  Let me know if you need any help.

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Yep, FB is really cheap for this stuff, i trowed couple times a few bucks on campaign, and get easily 10k reach in few hours. Whole month i didn't as much as that.

How did you reach so many people?  Tell me your secrets

Just now, Valachio said:

Best of luck in your Kickstarter project.  Let me know if you need any help.

How did you reach so many people?  Tell me your secrets

I just made payment to greedy Zuckerberg's FB. Simple as that. 

2 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

I just made payment to greedy Zuckerberg's FB. Simple as that. 

I'm going to try that again today.  Hopefully Zuckerberg doesn't screw me over this time.

2 minutes ago, Valachio said:

I'm going to try that again today.  Hopefully Zuckerberg doesn't screw me over this time.

Also i'll suggest to limit audience age. Dunno about Canada, but i'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't pay or open anything on kickstarter. 

I must call my aunt in Vancouver to confirm this behavior in Canada :D  

ok so basically what we are doing on our facebook page is just building an audience at the moment and trying to regularly engage with that audience.

We started the page in mid 2015 but it was only around November that we started to pay for "page like" advertising which quickly boosted the audience from less than a hundred people to well over 1000.

After we hit 1000 likes we turned down the "like" advertising and started instead to boost individual photos and posts.  Over the last 2 months we have trialed posting photos, blog posts and videos and then boosting them to either "general public" or "people who like your page and their friends".  

We have kept the "page likes" advertising as well but at a much lower level than at the start and we continue to get 5-20 likes per day.

Boosting to people and their friends with pictures they could relate to yielded the best result and for $14 of spend over 7 days we are getting anywhere from 4000 - 7000 post reach per post.

To Illustrate

here is the link to our FB page 

https://www.facebook.com/Kidzclock.com.au/

We boosted the last few posts and for the same $14 for 7 day spend the results were

reach of 2500 for the video

reach of 1980 for the blog post full of information

reach of 7715 for a photo of my daughter poking me in the eye with 314 likes and 47 shares

we think that the pictures work well because people in our target market (mums of small kids) can relate to what is being shown.

It might be too late to do all of this with your campaign but if you don;t quite make the target and have to have another go around then it could be something to consider for next time.

In regard to the Valentines day thing, although people won;t get their watch until later I think you could still make a campaign of ads for VD work.  My hook there would be on somehow communicating to women that they are going to buy this kick ass watch for their guy and he will think they spent a zillion dollars on it but really they didn;t spend a fortune which left them enough money to buy a pair of shoes.