73north

Conqueror Gun Carriage - post nerf 1.2 accuracy

I realised that there is no recent discussion on the Conqueror Gun Carriage - especially now that it has had a nerf to 1.2 accuracy ( from 1.1 originally )

I finally got the Ace Tanker in the lovely Conqueror Gun Carriage this week with 5 kills and 5093 damage ( base XP was 945 to win this Ace Tanker )

I have been playing the CGC for over a year , and I really like it , but the accuracy nerf has affected it more than I thought ( 1.1 to 1.2 accuracy )

now in this artillery , you MUST let the gun fuly aim or it misses by a mile - and you are highly advised to fire Premium HE Shells

so you turn a 7 metre splash radius , into a 11 metre one - so any miss will still do damage - rather than none at all ( and then you have a 45 second reload for your next try  )

You also have to know your maps and the spots where you can hit targets ( eg Himmelsdorf - where you can do damage if you know where to sit )

My equipment fit is the standard - gun rammer , vents and enhanced gun laying drive -

I now think that pudding and tea is really important to get the very best out of this SPG - and another good tactic is using 150 octane oil consumables for a faster

relocation after each firing , or being able to get faster away if a flank falls , so you stay alive -

I also recommend a good arty gun sight - Deegie's Gun Arty Sight , and I also have started using batttle assistant mod - and found that I have been getting better results

My win rate has been steady in this Artillery ( 51 % )  - and I have a good damage rate , with 1 mark of excellence ( at 79%  ) - .

the best review I have ever seen of the Conqueror Fun Carriage is this great one below - where he details the tactics you should use and map tips for getting the best results

I highly recommend you watch this great video - i helped me a lot get good results in this Tier 10 SPG

and the time spent watching this video , will not be wasted , I promise you ( it will also help non-arty players know where you are in danger on Malinovka , from this arty  )

Arty sucks dick. End of discussion.

^^^

as for actual discussion, the NA pub meta has shifted against it during most play hours, the best time to play it is around 2-3am EST as teams don't seem to collapse on you.  and yeah, my pub loadout is food, 105, and full gold HE on it.  BIA+snap shot + smooth ride + 6th is basically mandatory.  I've almost got it back to 2 mark level, then I'll attempt to do the near-impossible and 3 mark it.

also, fuck battle assistant.  if you don't know what you are doing, it makes you play far worse, taking low % chance shots.

M55 is way better for current pub meta at this tier.

@Tedster59 Any opinions on the nerf? Or are you still preventing campaign as well as before?

it doesn't do much, as you either land dead center, or you miss badly.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Whatever happened to not downvoting arty poasts? Yeah, I hate it as much as the next guy, but just let people publish content (especially if you bitch about it but don't publish any).

This. Arty should be played as well as any class, and by unicums as well as brain dead shitters. That way your own arty is better more of the time and the arty stats get pulled out of the gutter so WG see it's stupid.

45 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Whatever happened to not downvoting arty poasts? Yeah, I hate it as much as the next guy, but just let people publish content (especially if you bitch about it but don't publish any).

I negged it because OP dared refer to it as the conquer fun carriage :fat:

19 hours ago, 73north said:

the best review I have ever seen of the Conqueror Fun Carriage is this great one below - where he details the tactics you should use and map tips for getting the best results

I highly recommend you watch this great video - i helped me a lot get good results in this Tier 10 SPG

and the time spent watching this video , will not be wasted , I promise you ( it will also help non-arty players know where you are in danger on Malinovka , from this arty  )

That guy sure as hell doesn't really know what he's talking about. I watched him ramble on 7min about the british t6+ arty tree and I'm already fed up with his nonsense. From those 5 artis he only figured out the t6 (was OP back than) and 7 (is still trash). Despite platooning + free XP he only manages slightly above avg damage numbers in the t8-10 brit artis. While those things arn't really OP the are still far better than their counter parts in other trees.

I sure as hell won't watch an other 35min of that nonsense.

1 hour ago, Spartan96 said:

Well lemme tell you something sonny boy, T92 is a superior tank in every form that matters.

And the only form that matters is having 390 mm of pen with an AP round. 

K5vAe9u.jpg

Hail Satan

Get out.

6 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

This. Arty should be played as well as any class, and by unicums as well as brain dead shitters. That way your own arty is better more of the time and the arty stats get pulled out of the gutter so WG see it's stupid.

If unicums actually wrote guides for arty instead of sperging every time it's mentioned, maybe the sort of ordinary players who look to them for advice would shoot tactically relevant targets instead of XVM sniping.

4 minutes ago, woe2you said:

If unicums actually wrote guides for arty instead of sperging every time it's mentioned, maybe the sort of ordinary players who look to them for advice would shoot tactically relevant targets instead of XVM sniping.

Here's a better idea, lets write some guides that will reduce arty's effectiveness in battle. For example: tell them how important it is to move around at random times, even if it means they aren't shooting very often, and show them spots they can set up in which limit their range or give them bad angles for the majority of the map.

6 minutes ago, Flaksmith said:

Here's a better idea, lets write some guides that will reduce arty's effectiveness in battle. For example: tell them how important it is to move around at random times, even if it means they aren't shooting very often, and show them spots they can set up in which limit their range or give them bad angles for the majority of the map.

z6yoVdP.jpg

1 minute ago, woe2you said:

z6yoVdP.jpg

because that would happen any time soonTM

Even if they would buff it (not likely since they already stated that if anything arty will be reworked in the future), there won't be many people left playing this game who really care about it.

16 hours ago, Solono said:

Hi, I don't care if you don't like arty, if you shit post about arty after this warning you get a 14 day vacation, which is one day for every year of the age you are acting. Thanks.

i love your red text bby

Well I don't know... I am no artillery expert (yet), but after 100 games in the CGC, I see I have failed to ever get the ACE mastery. My stats show green in this, but perhaps I'm missing some things still.

To be honest, I don't run FOOD or 105 in pubbies. In fact, I feel 105 is sort of useless... your max speed is your max speed... I just don't see any improvement with the octane.

Maybe FOOD will give a slight increase to my stats, but seems awfully expensive at 20K a pop. If I don't hit the ACE after the next hundred games, I'll start putting it on.

21 minutes ago, allied_general said:

Well I don't know... I am no artillery expert (yet), but after 100 games in the CGC, I see I have failed to ever get the ACE mastery. My stats show green in this, but perhaps I'm missing some things still.

To be honest, I don't run FOOD or 105 in pubbies. In fact, I feel 105 is sort of useless... your max speed is your max speed... I just don't see any improvement with the octane.

Maybe FOOD will give a slight increase to my stats, but seems awfully expensive at 20K a pop. If I don't hit the ACE after the next hundred games, I'll start putting it on.

Wait, you can miss things in the CGC?

2 hours ago, allied_general said:

Food, gold HE rounds, and to a lesser extent gas will improve everything about arty.  Gas improves rotation speed of tracks and gun (I believe), which will put you on target quicker, allowing you to aim in quicker.
If you want to perform better, pay up.

Ok Engineered, I'll take your word for it. I decided tonight to start running FOOD, simple reason being 2 seconds on reload saved is 2 seconds saved... which out of 47 seconds may not seem much, but considering too many times my first AMAZING shot is missed just due to a second or so. and things spiral down from there when I keep finding out I'm just one second or two delayed on an amazing shot...

I'll check more into the gas thing, wasn't sure if it helped rotation speed, but since the thing is so terribly slow to begin with, I know any boost won't help me with those nasty scouts that get close to circle and I'm done for. Really wish there was some depression with the damn gun, which really prevents me from any self defense unless I can get my ass up on some rubble or something to shot-gun...

I did notice there are some people who are close to getting 3 MoE on their CGC, and yet never got an ACE mastery yet. That is very puzzling to me...