Crazedtiger77

Could WoT PC learn from console?

As it says in the title, WoT Xbox have done some things differently than WoT PC. Here are the main things console has done significantly differently for the better (in my opinion):

-Crews from a nation can be moved into any of that country's premium tanks for free, e.g. I can put my SU-152 tank destroyer crew into the Tetrarch for free. 

-Crew system simplified to one member with much sped up skill training to compensate.

-No team damage.

-Multi-nation crew trainers such as the AMX Chaffee and T-34-88.

- More frequent 'fun' game modes such as the Spectre, Lunar Chaffee and Toy Tank modes.

-More PvE content

WoT console is far from perfect and we need to catch up to PC in some respects. However, would you like to see any of the features I listed added to PC too?

-Limited platoon tiering

honestly I'd really like to see the no team damage implemented, you guys also have some different maps as well

The idea's them self aren't bad but the Minsk office is resistant to any kind of "learning".

Михаил Живец (aka. Storm) said when a player proposed a few changes (like arty number limitation per battle): We could do everything, but what for?

Back to the topic, the no team damage idea sounds really nice.

American developer VS Russian developer. This is kinda what you get. WoT is so entrenched on PC the way it is that most of these are just pipe dreams. In fact AFAIK all of these have been brought up discussed and shot down for years.

Other than the fact that the console version is on an inferior platform (I'm pcmr at heart), that sounds like bloody amazing fun to play. Why can't we get all of the cool and useful content?? :(((

11 minutes ago, SaintLuna said:

Other than the fact that the console version is on an inferior platform (I'm pcmr at heart), that sounds like bloody amazing fun to play. Why can't we get all of the cool and useful content?? :(((

freedom002.jpg

Just now, Casas5591 said:

American Freedom & Democracy can never lose. PC MR and all logical arguments are thus invalidated. Xbone > product of communism.

In this very specific case, that's actually true. WoT in fact runs better on console, because fucking Russian calculators.

5 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

In this very specific case, that's actually true. WoT in fact runs better on console, because fucking Russian calculators.

Eastern Bloc W.o.T: Power to the proletariat! There will be no class system! Only BigWorldEngine and 30 FPS.

Console W.o.T: Let the platform of tanks be on the least practical and cost effective apparatus possible but lets put super space technology and a turbine engine in it because unlimited resource pools, yo.

2 minutes ago, Casas5591 said:

Eastern Bloc W.o.T: Power to the proletariat! There will be no class system! Only BigWorldEngine and 30 FPS.

Console W.o.T: Let the platform of tanks be on the least practical and cost effective apparatus possible but lets put super space technology and a turbine engine in it because unlimited resource pools, yo.

One of these philosophies makes the world objectively and measurably worse.

56 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

One of these philosophies makes the world objectively and measurably worse.

Man, I think consoles are inferior too, but harsh.

PC has its own, worse problems, like the utter obsession with visuals at the sacrifice of all else, even though it's demonstrably proven that graphical fidelity means little to nothing if the gameplay is there. But hey, gotta justify dumping mortgage payment sized cash deposits into your pixelbox. 

48 minutes ago, Solono said:

PC has its own, worse problems, like the utter obsession with visuals at the sacrifice of all else, even though it's demonstrably proven that graphical fidelity means little to nothing if the gameplay is there. But hey, gotta justify dumping mortgage payment sized cash deposits into your pixelbox. 

If this is what they are apparently concentrating on, it's even worse than I thought; WoT looks like shit on anything above an average rig.

4 hours ago, Crazedtiger77 said:

-Crews from a nation can be moved into any of that country's premium tanks for free, e.g. I can put my SU-152 tank destroyer crew into the Tetrarch for free. 

We can already do that.

-Crew system simplified to one member with much sped up skill training to compensate.

No, unless WG actually reworks the whole crew skill mechanic PROPERLY which will not happen any time soon. Where the fuck is 6th sense for radiomen?

-No team damage.

No, fuck you.

-Multi-nation crew trainers such as the AMX Chaffee and T-34-88.

Neat.

- More frequent 'fun' game modes such as the Spectre, Lunar Chaffee and Toy Tank modes.

We have fun modes right now, Domination and Rampage. They are not fun. 8-bit game modes were only "fun" in that they allow rapid grinding of crew xp, otherwise they are boring as hell. Chaffee race was okay when it was still hyped up, then it quickly became boring.

-More PvE content

Every pub match is already PvE.

1 hour ago, Solono said:

2007 called, graphical fidelity CAN compensate for piss poor gameplay and optimization IF the graphics are actually mindblowing. Crysis managed to get both amazing graphics and fairly engaging gameplay; WoT achieved none of the 3.

Graphical fidelity has long stagnated now that everyone and their mothers are using Cryengine, Frostbite, UE3/4 (UE3 can look good), Unity, even Source. There needs to be another breakthrough in order for graphics to truly wow people again.

5 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Yeah limited platoon tiering and no team damage, though no team damage would mean no mutual Chemo. :(

You can still perform the "stick your gun in the arty's barrel and let him blow himself up" trick.

5 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

no team damage is a really bad idea, if you think about for a while.

I agree. I think WoT should just implement the mechanism provided by a mod (And also by default in WT) that prevents you from firing if aimed at a friendly but does not prevent team damage. Hence if someone moves into the path of the shot, smack.

2 hours ago, OOPMan said:

I agree. I think WoT should just implement the mechanism provided by a mod (And also by default in WT) that prevents you from firing if aimed at a friendly but does not prevent team damage. Hence if someone moves into the path of the shot, smack.

6 hours ago, Haswell said:

No.

8 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

no team damage is a really bad idea, if you think about for a while.

Why is no team damage a bad idea?

Also Haswell, I was under the impression that tank destroyer crews could only be put into that nation's premium tank destroyers, not premium heavies due to some of the PC reviews I've seen.