Shade421

Why the NA server should just be put down

It's dead. It's fucking empty unless you play tier 6, and then it's still pretty empty. Glossing over the fact that tier 6 is shit, you can't play more than a few matches a day. You either sit in the queue forever just to get some shitty 7v7, or you go play EU. Not to mention that 7v7 you get is going to be half full of retards that do nothing but spam 3 man tier 9 platoons all day every day (and still somehow lose more than me), and the other half the same lost retarded inbreds that were in the last match you got. And that's it. That's NA PVP, in its entirety. At this point, the game could be the best optimized, most bug free, well balanced tank game the world has ever seen, and it would still just die on NA, because the server is so fucking empty it's almost impossible to believe the game isn't dead. i did not like the EU only server during the EA, but now, there's no other way. Numbers will just fall more and more unless they advertise, which they won't.

So anyone have any logical reason the NA server should stay open?

Just now, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

lol

i don't know why on earth they didn't merge them to begin with, it makes no sense considering the low population altogether 

The problems are ping from the west coast being kinda shitty, around 150-200, and ping from SEA being unplayable. Upwards of 400 at all times, to either EU or RU. But obviously the SEA numbers aren't carrying any impact on the game, as NA is still dead as fuck.

I haven't been playing all that long but I can say the server is far from dead.  I'm still learning and mostly playing PVE and in that mode I never have problems with waiting in queue at pretty much anytime of the day.  

24 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

The problems are ping from the west coast being kinda shitty, around 150-200, and ping from SEA being unplayable. Upwards of 400 at all times, to either EU or RU. But obviously the SEA numbers aren't carrying any impact on the game, as NA is still dead as fuck.

So what?

When WoT was in it early days there were only two servers one for RU and the Other a combo of EU/NA. Having all these separate servers is a waste of time and money when your player-base isn't solid enough to support it, and to add to that it will create many unhappy players as no one wants to have 5min+ q times to get a 7v7 match. Honestly it's like fuck SEA (no offence @westybig) and as far as NA west.....well tough shit. if they would have combined the servers from the start and waited until the population was around 5-8k things would have been so much better as of that 5-8k at least 1-2k would have been NA in which case the servers could have been split without as much consequence. 

The problem with high ping for AW is.

Although accuracy/aim is almost twice as good, weakspots are 1/2th to 1/5th as small, resulting in a huge difference in MBT vs MBT combat between 30 ms ping to 100 ms ping, where as one can reliably pen a shaking MBT, other will fail most of the time.

The absurdly high level of protection afforded to MBT and the resultant high dynamic gameplay(AKA the snowball effect) is in my eyes the biggest failing of high tier PvP for AW.

Being an idiot who bought the Founders, EA, and ICE packs, I don't want NA trashed unless I:

1) Get a full refund for my purchases or

2) Can migrate to EU

2 minutes ago, Ickus said:

Being an idiot who bought the Founders, EA, and ICE packs, I don't want NA trashed unless I:

1) Get a full refund for my purchases or

2) Can migrate to EU

everything i bought for NA was put on EU and on top of that both the Premium time and boost are "frozen" so nothing will start until i login anyway, so i assume its the same for everyone else unless i am super special:gaytroll: 

Just now, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

everything i bought for NA was put on EU and on top of that both the Premium time and boost are "frozen" so nothing will start until i login anyway, so i assume its the same for everyone else unless i am super special:gaytroll: 

But mah progress :cri:

Just now, Ickus said:

But mah progress :cri:

eh who cares, thats the bonus of having PvE.

on top of that you should now know the good/bad tanks as well as what retro you need to gun for first as well as what commanders to train up first. so i my eyes its not really that big of a deal anyways.

Everything you bought and used on NA is mirrored on EU. If they shut down the server and send everyone there, they will combine them in every way: tanks in garage, unlocked, credits, gold, premiums, etc. They did it before during EA.

As for Carbon's point, it's true. That said, from east coast murica, I haven't had any problem with it playing EU so far. And I would take that any day over the nonsense that is NA high tier PVP right now.

This looked like WoT until you used the term PvP. Nobody uses it in WoT. Still, confusion levels are high, but AW threads are about as scarce as the playing population so it doesnt mean much :serb: . Where is ya WoT killer mothafackas?

They released the game with literally zero End-Game content. (I don't care about beta or alpha or whatever, to me the game has 2 states, one where we test for free, other where they charge our credit cards up our ass).

First they split the game community which is new and small into 2 groups of PvP and PvE.

Then they made PvE much better for reaching end-tier tanks than PvP.

So you have people who have never played PvP with their tier 7/8 tanks get rekt and lose confidence.

Then you have the people who never even played high tier PvP because how lucrative PvE is.

Ya, that'll make a great combo.

1 hour ago, Shade421 said:

Everything you bought and used on NA is mirrored on EU. If they shut down the server and send everyone there, they will combine them in every way: tanks in garage, unlocked, credits, gold, premiums, etc. They did it before during EA.

WatDo.jpeg

569d894db38af_D.png.e1c1597b6be8d0045351

38 minutes ago, CarbonWard said:

They released the game with literally zero End-Game content. (I don't care about beta or alpha or whatever, to me the game has 2 states, one where we test for free, other where they charge our credit cards up our ass).

First they split the game community which is new and small into 2 groups of PvP and PvE.

Then they made PvE much better for reaching end-tier tanks than PvP.

So you have people who have never played PvP with their tier 7/8 tanks get rekt and lose confidence.

Then you have the people who never even played high tier PvP because how lucrative PvE is.

Ya, that'll make a great combo.

Wait I thought PVE was supposed to be the magic bullet where players can learn the mechanics in a "safer" environment and not be a drag on teams at high tiers till they mastered some mechanics?

P.S. Serious question.