Ok so i running WOT on 3 PCs, two i7s and one laptop i5. On all PCs WOT is installed on C partition (system) on SSD, slowest PC is i5 with only 8GB of RAM. Problem is WOT is sluggish, almost vanilla (only XVM), and still ALT+TAB takes 2-3 seconds, in-game menus just stuck all the time (on all three pcs). Is it me, or wot is utter crap of code? 

9 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Ok so i running WOT on 3 PCs, two i7s and one laptop i5. On all PCs WOT is installed on C partition (system) on SSD, slowest PC is i5 with only 8GB of RAM. Problem is WOT is sluggish, almost vanilla (only XVM), and still ALT+TAB takes 2-3 seconds, in-game menus just stuck all the time (on all three pcs). Is it me, or wot is utter crap of code? 

same here 

16 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

AFAIK whole WoT is near cancer levels of performance because RU players couldn't play it with decent settings.

That's total nonsense - not the part about toasters being used in RU instead of PCs. Just look at AW - runs great with decent frame rates and acceptable graphics even on Intel iGPUs.

The fact is that this BigWorldEngine is a piece of crap when it comes to performance scaling, optimisation and parallel tasks.

The engine is just outdated - I haven't seen a game that is CPU dependend to such a level as WoT considering the release date. Sure there are some old Flight Sims from the early 2000s that run worse even on todays super computers (compared to P4 and Athlon XP), but those were released 5-10 years earlier.

On WGs claim that they have changed so much code in the meantime, that there is practically nothing left of the original engine might be true. But that were always partial updates/changes, bound by the need to keep the game running and no possible way to completly overhaul it, which is proabably ineffective anyway.

I Alt+Tab instantly and I play from a 2 years old laptop. i7, 8GB RAM, GTX 765m, SSD. I use Windows 10 and all my drivers are up to date.

My resolution is 1920x1080 and graphics are set on low (for best fps) with the exception of Draw Distance and Object LOD, which are set to maximum. Foliage transparency is also ticked. I get good FPS, 60-110.

Guys @KingYoshiLuca and @Folterknecht hit jackpot, FPS is fine toping 100 with max settings.

Problem is slow ui and general performance, for examp when you click exterior in garage, or opening friends list, switching between apps. You click on game icon and you wait couple seconds to open it (when switching). I don't play as much other games but more heavy games work better than wot. 

Had the same problem. What caused it was my ingame "Display Refresh Rate". On my desktop it was set to 60, but ingame it was set to 59. What caused the lag was the monitor changing between these 2. So I just set it to 60 ingame and now it switches instantly.

Problem solved :serb:

14 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Make sure you have same refresh rate (hz) in Windows as in the game.

i get instant alt tabs, always have.

1 hour ago, gabse said:

Had the same problem. What caused it was my ingame "Display Refresh Rate". On my desktop it was set to 60, but ingame it was set to 59. What caused the lag was the monitor changing between these 2. So I just set it to 60 ingame and now it switches instantly.

Problem solved :serb:

1 hour ago, weenis said:

Make sure you have same refresh rate (hz) in Windows as in the game.

i get instant alt tabs, always have.

Will do. But i don't think that is the case. 

EDIT: 

I just checked. Nope 60 it is. Still that litle lags, when you click  garage > store > depot > etc. 

The fact is that this BigWorldEngine is a piece of crap when it comes to performance scaling, optimisation and parallel tasks

I'm sticking with this. Reminds me of poor written app in my younger C++ days. Thanks WG. 

2KVXnFI.jpg

6 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Will do. But i don't think that is the case. 

EDIT: 

I just checked. Nope 60 it is. Still that litle lags, when you click  garage > store > depot > etc. 

I'm sticking with this. Reminds me of poor written app in my younger C++ days. Thanks WG. 

Hidden Content

Have you made sure to check it is 60 in Windows too? Sorry for stupid question but I have a 120hz monitor, and had to change it in Windows (was 60)

1 hour ago, weenis said:

Have you made sure to check it is 60 in Windows too? Sorry for stupid question but I have a 120hz monitor, and had to change it in Windows (was 60)

60/60. 

Maybe we have different tolerance on lag. I hate Androids just because of that, that tiny little lag when i do something. And here is present, simply when you switch from garage to depot, that tiny (wait) and next screen.

My guess shitty engine like @Folterknecht said. 

What you all people do to always have lag, lol :P

I played wot on 2 different pcs and 2 laptops, and it always ran / runs fine, never lag, crashes or other crap, only platoon invites beiing bugged, but more people suffer from that (seems a server wide problem)

ps: unless im so used to wot its ``microlag`` that im not even noticing it :P