Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi new friend! If you talk directly with the devs, can you convince them that my idea to make westfield not unfair for Super Pershing Drivers everywhere is a great one? http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/481535-can-the-bottom-spawn-on-westfield-be-removed-please/page__pid__9801654__st__20#entry9801654

Kthx :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

Hi new friend! If you talk directly with the devs, can you convince them that my idea to make westfield not unfair for Super Pershing Drivers everywhere is a great one? http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/481535-can-the-bottom-spawn-on-westfield-be-removed-please/page__pid__9801654__st__20#entry9801654

Kthx :P

No, I can't, because you're talking about World of Tanks PC devs, and they definitely do not take any insight from me :D  I work on the console title :)

12 minutes ago, Flaksmith said:

Will you stick around in the future?

If Solono's not too mean to me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LadyObscura said:

No, I can't, because you're talking about World of Tanks PC devs, and they definitely do not take any insight from me :D  I work on the console title :)

If Solono's not too mean to me :)

He meant that you speak to the console people so they change it in the console version.

 

Don't worry, solono is quite content with spreading his meanness among all members of his cult, that way everyone has a fair share! :fat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any plans on linking console accounts to regular wargamming accounts? I'd play the Xbox one version more if at least *some* of what I unlocked carried over...

And welcome to our den of iniquity. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LadyObscura said:

Hi folks! 

 

No, it's not SerB, Rita or David Bowie, it's just me ;)  Thanks for the hype, Solono >.<

I go by LadyObscura WGA, I'm a Player Experience Specialist here at Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore.  I get to work directly with the devs and I spend a bunch of time on the WoT Console forums.

The "WGA" after my gamertag is because I used to be in the Publishing office before being drafted by the dev studio :)  

Chicago or riot =p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LadyObscura said:

No, I can't, because you're talking about World of Tanks PC devs, and they definitely do not take any insight from me :D  I work on the console title :)

 

Nuuuuu

 

I dont have a console, unless you count my PS2 ;_;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Nuuuuu

 

I dont have a console, unless you count my PS2 ;_;

You have job naow, stahp being poorfag. 

Actually, I still have my PS2, it only works when it feels like it, but I still pull it out occasionally. Muh childhoods are on that things mem card... (dat 8Mb memory)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LadyObscura Welcome to Weeblabs or Momlabs! How you want your Labs is dependant on your preference of cliques.

How did you hear about the Labs?

What prompted to you to participate in discussions with this modest community?

What particular objectives do you have in mind in studying & probing into the community insights?

How cohesive is the relationship between WG & the playerbase, all things considered? I notice your sect is more responsive to feedback and a lot of patches are oriented on quality of life & content additions. PC WoT is as transparent as 12-inch concrete for us it seems.

What could the playerbase do to create better fluidity in suggesting feedback and communicating clearly it's most critical complaints in this diametric relationship?

How exactly does WG analyze player base feedback, statistics aside?

I hope you don't mind the questions. We really appreciate a WG employee dropping in to see us, just look at how much everyone loves Ectar.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, karl0ssus1 said:

You have job naow, stahp being poorfag. 

Actually, I still have my PS2, it only works when it feels like it, but I still pull it out occasionally. Muh childhoods are on that things mem card... (dat 8Mb memory)

I still use it regularly. Cant beat that Burnout 3: Takedown Fix. You think the 8MB memory card is low, I googled the specs of the thing a few months back. its like a 250Mhz CPU or something retardly low like that. and it plays Gran Turismo 4 at 30fps... like, how? my 2008 PC with a 2.6GHz CPU and 4GB RAM wouldn't play GT4, yet it the PS2 which is a calculator compared to it (even without a dedicated GPU) can.

 

anyway, at WG new person thingy, are there any differences to WoT PS4 and WoT Xbox?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Haswell said:

@Solono an AMA thread seems apt, given the questions presented and hopefully LadyO's long term residency.

Eventually maybe

8 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I stI googled the specs of the thing a few months back. its like a 250Mhz CPU or something retardly low like that. and it plays Gran Turismo 4 at 30fps... like, how? my 2008 PC with a 2.6GHz CPU and 4GB RAM wouldn't play GT4, yet it the PS2 which is a calculator compared to it (even without a dedicated GPU) can.

300MHz, but yes, very low all things considered. The answer is also quite simple: little to no overhead. When almost every console reaches its maturation point, going back to the Atari 2600 even, the ability to "code to the metal" lets you pull stuff the original hardware designers didn't even plan for. Such an ability allows console games to have optimization that PC games can only dream about having 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2016 at 2:15 PM, Rodrigopine said:

Any plans on linking console accounts to regular wargamming accounts? I'd play the Xbox one version more if at least *some* of what I unlocked carried over...

And welcome to our den of iniquity. ;)

 

No; Console accounts are linked to third party companies, Microsoft and Sony respectively.  As such, they have their own specific economic ecosystem.  This is also why it's not possible to just transfer your Console account on Xbox to Sony etc. :)  Thanks for the welcome!

22 hours ago, FestiveMedic said:

So you say console version.

 

XBONE?

PS4?

or both?

Both - anything that comes out of Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore :)

13 hours ago, Crazedtiger77 said:

Hi LadyO, can't say I expected you to be here!

I'm everywhere! :D

11 hours ago, Casas5591 said:

@LadyObscura Welcome to Weeblabs or Momlabs! How you want your Labs is dependant on your preference of cliques.

How did you hear about the Labs?

What prompted to you to participate in discussions with this modest community?

What particular objectives do you have in mind in studying & probing into the community insights?

How cohesive is the relationship between WG & the playerbase, all things considered? I notice your sect is more responsive to feedback and a lot of patches are oriented on quality of life & content additions. PC WoT is as transparent as 12-inch concrete for us it seems.

What could the playerbase do to create better fluidity in suggesting feedback and communicating clearly it's most critical complaints in this diametric relationship?

How exactly does WG analyze player base feedback, statistics aside?

I hope you don't mind the questions. We really appreciate a WG employee dropping in to see us, just look at how much everyone loves Ectar.

 

1 - I heard about Wotlabs by working for  Wargaming ;)

2- Solono kept on bugging me on Skype so I thought I'd try to chat with other people before he drove me nuts :P  All joking aside though, I started chatting with Never a while ago to implement some World of Tanks Console support with the current Wotlabs tools.  I met Solono later when we were introduced by another employee, and he told me about the interest of some players in knowing more about Console - and here I am :)

3 - Frankly I spend a lot of time on the official Console forums, so really I just want to hang out, get to know you guys, help out when I can etc. :)

4 - Having worked on the PC titles for a few years before moving from the publishing office to a development studio, I can honestly say that it's extremely different.  I mean my role as a Player Experience Specialist only exists at Wargaming on Console, and that is because the dev team here feels like player feedback is vital to creating a healthy, long-lasting game.  Sometimes players accuse us of not being very transparent, and it's true that there are things that we can't disclose, but the team here is really into player satisfaction.  Often, our Executive Producer/Creative Director (TJ aka WGWPAIN on the forum) will jump right in and start answering forum threads.  Many devs do, actually!  

5 - Best way to convey feedback to me: constructively.  Worse way: yelling at me, or not being specific.  "Fix ur gaem it sux!" is nothing that I can pass along to the team or file as a bug :P

6 - There are many ways.  One aspect of what the Player Experience Specialists do is gather forum feedback on a daily and weekly basis.  Every day, a report is put together and sent to TJ, the Lead Design guys etc.  TJ is really responsive to those daily reports and will often task the team to investigate issues or implement new features based on that feedback.  The weekly reports are more a wrap-up of what happened in a week when it comes to game mechanics related threads and bugs.

Another thing that we do is that official feedback threads are generated whenever we have an update, so that players can give us their thoughts on new implementations and bugs.  There is an initial report made a few hours after an update went live, then a "24 hours" report, and finally a wrap-up a week or so later.

We also have a Gameplay Expert who works closely with the design/dev team and the players.  He was a player himself, and was highly dedicated to helping out in the forums whenever players had gameplay issues.  His attitude and knowledge of the game landed him a job here with us :)

Re - how much people love Ectar: I can't compete.  I don't have a beard (neither does he anymore though), and most likely never will :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

 

anyway, at WG new person thingy, are there any differences to WoT PS4 and WoT Xbox?

Sorry, missed your question!

Yes, and no.  At launch, PS4 will not have all the tanks that's on 360.  There are also timed exclusive on PS4 (2 maps), that will later be available on Xbox.  PS4 also has some Girls Und Panzer content that we cannot have on Xbox because of licensing.

Aside from that we're planning on maintaining parity between the two consoles :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.01.2016 at 7:49 PM, Crossfader said:

would love to get console`s 1500m*1500m maps on pc :feelsbad:

Your dream is also T95 drivers' nightmare. 

------

Siema, @LadyObscura! I think you should implement some siema features to WoT console :doge: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Your dream is also T95 drivers' nightmare. 

------

Siema, @LadyObscura! I think you should implement some siema features to WoT console :doge: 

I know, lets balance maps so that the 6-8 really slow tanks have fun, but lets fuck it up for the 300-400 others tanks... great fucking game design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crossfader said:

I know, lets balance maps so that the 6-8 really slow tanks have fun, but lets fuck it up for the 300-400 others tanks... great fucking game design.

No need to act like a cunthole in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Crossfader said:

I know, lets balance maps so that the 6-8 really slow tanks have fun, but lets fuck it up for the 300-400 others tanks... great fucking game design.

Hi! Are you a Console player?

I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to.  Console has the biggest map ever seen in World of Tanks across all titles in Skorpion Pass, which currently seems to cater more to faster vehicles.  If you have actual examples of what you mean, I'd be happy to pass them on to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LadyObscura said:

Hi! Are you a Console player?

I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to.  Console has the biggest map ever seen in World of Tanks across all titles in Skorpion Pass, which currently seems to cater more to faster vehicles.  If you have actual examples of what you mean, I'd be happy to pass them on to the team.

Nope, PC master race. The 1.5k*1.5k map looks awesome. I was referring to the recent WG meet up in Cyprus in which Slava said that they could not make bigger maps because of a few slow tanks and @MacusFlash saying that they would be a T95`s nightmare. I find it idiotic that WG would design map/gameplay around a few very slow tank`s but ignore entire classe`s (light tank and kemp bush TD`s), and minimize others aka, mediums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...