Pocktio

Why are so many premium ships 'time limited'

Yo ho ho,

Is there any reason beyond 'WG cash grab' that most prems in this game are on time limited bunduru offers? I could understand limited bundles, but with the ship being available separately. 

Perhaps trying to make it so MM isn't swamped/borked?

Has WG ever (lol as if but still asking) deigned to inform us why?

12 minutes ago, Haswell said:

"Limited time offers" that come back every two months sell better.

This whole "limited" shit with digital merchandise is just silly. Always has been.

14 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

This whole "limited" shit with digital merchandise is just silly. Always has been.

Yeah it's not like they run out of the raw materials or the machines that build them wear out. lol

When the offer is permanently available, many people say: I want that ship, but not now. Maybe next week, Or next week..and so on.

If it is only available for a week and you don't know when it will come back, it is an incentive to buy now. Right now.

I know it works for me, as I still have not bought an Atago although I want one. But I have the Nikolai, the Tirpitz and the Warspite. Because had to buy "now".

2 hours ago, PrivateBert said:

When the offer is permanently available, many people say: I want that ship, but not now. Maybe next week, Or next week..and so on.

If it is only available for a week and you don't know when it will come back, it is an incentive to buy now. Right now.

I know it works for me, as I still have not bought an Atago although I want one. But I have the Nikolai, the Tirpitz and the Warspite. Because had to buy "now".

And it's why I own a Mikhail Kusutov....those sluts at WG :(

On the flip side, it's why I don't buy. I've got a ton of gold in WOT and nothing to spend it on. I don't want to give any more money to WG until they unify accounts so I can buy more port slots, retrain commanders, and demount equipment with the gold I already have. I'd also like to be able to buy ships in-game and not have to purchase bundles.

2 hours ago, MntRunner said:

On the flip side, it's why I don't buy. I've got a ton of gold in WOT and nothing to spend it on. I don't want to give any more money to WG until they unify accounts so I can buy more port slots, retrain commanders, and demount equipment with the gold I already have. I'd also like to be able to buy ships in-game and not have to purchase bundles.

Probably going to be waiting a long time on this one... BUT in the meantime you can log into WoWP and spend that gold!

2 minutes ago, Antiledo said:

Probably going to be waiting a long time on this one... BUT in the meantime you can log into WoWP and spend that gold!

A recent Q&A with the developers said the unification will come in the 1st half of 2016. I can wait for that. Even if it takes longer there is still enough things for me to do in this game without spending more.

19 hours ago, MntRunner said:

A recent Q&A with the developers said the unification will come in the 1st half of 2016. I can wait for that. Even if it takes longer there is still enough things for me to do in this game without spending more.

Listen, don't confuse me with your facts. This is an opportunity to make WoWP jokes! That's so 2014!