Intumesce

Armored Warfare information/translation thread

I'll be using this thread to translate (or repost) information from Russian equivalent of the AW portal. Information from there usually comes out a day or two ahead of time or are never published at all. I don't speak Russian but I'm pretty good at guessing what Google Translate churns out. Expect leaks and other information whenever possible.
Since the Russian community team has published false or incorrect information in the past, take all that's posted with a grain of salt as it could be incorrect.
Starting with the 1/22/2016 PTS update: [Source]

From today until midnight on Sunday the 24th players will be able to test the new map Coastal Threat on the test server.
For testing purposes, all other maps in the rotation will be disabled so players can focus on only this map.
(Int: If I remember right the update is 271MB in size. Haven't tested the map myself so I have no opinion on it.)

1/22/2016 Developer Q&A [Source]

Game mechanics
Q: Do you plan on adding more buildings to the player's base?
A: Yes. A future update will increase the maximum building level to 10 as well as add 4 new buildings.

Q: Will there be personal missions, similar to what World of Tanks has?
A: Yes, it's planned and currently in development.

Q: Will it be possible to mark a player's alliance in a training room?
A: We'll consider adding this in the future.

Q: Do you plan on changing how friendly ramming damage works? For example, a player colliding with another at 20km/h should not deal damage to either player.
A: We're working on a number of adjustments to the ramming feature. We'll continue tweaking them until we're satisfied with them.

Q: Low tier tanks are too vulnerable to ATGMs, will this be changed?
A: We plan to weaken ATGMs at low tiers while increasing their effectiveness at higher tiers. Currently a missile's usefulness is too inconsistent.

Q: Do you plan to fix the problem with enemies disappearing in PvE?
A: Yes. In 0.12 we addressed a few of these issues and will make further corrections if necessary.

Q: Are there any plans for "ranking" players?
A: We have plans for a short-term ranking system between players.

Q: Tell us about the balance at high tiers. Any plans on changing it?
A: We're going to gently correct the issue with "pixel hunting" at high tiers which leads to the current high tier MBT dominance. However, this is a difficult subject, and we don't want to make any hasty decisions and we plan on fixing this over a longer period of time.
(Int: Yeah, because pixel sniping is what makes MBTs so strong, right?)

Vehicle balance
Q: Will artillery be rebalanced? Not via commander changes or retrofits, but by rebalancing the vehicles themselves.
A: We'll be waiting a bit more to get new vehicle statistics before we make any changes. If any problems persist we might make changes.

Q: Will you add tier 8 premium vehicles?
A: Yes, but only after we add tier 7 premium vehicles and normal tier 10 vehicles.

Q: The Leopard 2A6 catches fires from being shot in its external fuel tanks. Is this intentional?
A: Partly. We do plan on rebalancing MBTs so that their external fuel tanks do not catch fire as often as they do.

Q: Do you plan on buffing the LAV-600 and the Object 430?
A: LAV-600, yes. Object 430, no. The Object 430 is performing statistically fine.

Q: Are there any plans to rebalance the recon line?
A: Yes, we're in the process of reviewing them very carefully.

Q: Will you add the UVN "Terminator" as a tier 8 vehicle?
A: We'll think about it.
(Int: Not sure what this question was or what Terminator it was referring to. We already have basically 3 Terminators in the game and one already sits at tier 8.)

Q: Any plans to buff the tier 9 M8?
A: Yes. We're planning on improving high tier light tanks in general.

Q: Do you plan on giving the tier 8 Abrams an HE round?
A: No, we have no plans for that right now. But we are considering giving it the M1208 "shotgun" round which would be very useful against poorly armored vehicles at close range.

Q: Will you add tier 9 and 10 artillery?
A: We haven't decided on this issue yet. Once we get tier 8 artillery to work as we want it to then we'll consider adding higher tier arty.

Miscellaneous
Q: Do you plan on adding optimization options for Nvidia Geforce Experience?
A: Yes, we do have plans for that.

Q: Will players be able to change their username for gold?
A: Yes, this feature is already in development.

Q: Will the game be optimized for weaker PCs? Can we also expect better graphics for those with good PCs?
A: Optimization is an ongoing process. In the 0.14 update we plan to improve both optimization and make the graphics better.

Q: Do you plan on making the game compatible with virtual reality technology?
A: Yes, we are already negotiating with one potential partner.

Q: Any plans for more offline events to reach a wider audience?
A: Yes, we do. However we're keeping it secret for now so as to not spoil the surprise.

Q: How do I acquire a press account?
A: We're preparing a list for the conditions and regulations to explain how you can get one. We'll post them on the site (Int: the Russian site that is) in due time.

Q: I'm seeing more and more bots (Int: AFK/useless players) in the game. What are your plans for dealing with them?
A: First we plan on changing how rewards work so inactivity is not as profitable as it is now. Second we will improve our bot detection system. It's important we take steps to not accidentally punish players who are just not that good at the game.

Q: Do you plan on improving the team-versus-team balance? (Int: match composition, such as when one team gets tier 9 tanks and the other gets none.)
A: Yes, we're going to make some changes in 0.13 with Matchmaker 2.0 to make teams more fair. Expect more details in the future.

Q: Will Armored Warfare appear on any other platforms?
A: We're not excluding the possibility of this happening.

Q: Is it possible to make a souvenir shop for those who want physical goods?
A: We'll consider it if the demand for it exists.

The ability to fire missiles on the move is something that pops up quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see that come soon. Also, tandem warheads blow through everything except heavy ERA (which is what is all over the MS, because more balance comrades), so they are actually pretty effective at higher tiers. I kill more vehicles in the Terminator 2 with missiles than anything else. The wait time is nonsense, though. It really restricts where and when missiles are viable.

At this point I've given up on them addressing the true problems, i now realize they will continue to address the small things or even problems that don't exist. so at this point i just want a larger server population so i can play all tiers with full matches which is why i am considering EU, but at the same time i really want to hold out in hope that they may possibly merge again or at least give the option to transfer....

Also i looked on EU and turns out not exactly everything i bought for NA was applied there so....

14 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

Huh. Send in a ticket. Everything on my NA account is mirrored on EU. I've got the T-80 and Chally 1 over there already.

https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?58035-Purchases-and-Servers

first i posted it there... then i copied it into a ticket and sent it, though its still in Q for answering.

31 minutes ago, FrankyMcShanky said:

0.13 is supposed to be popping up on the Russian PTS today. 

Yup, I've been refreshing the front page for hours now waiting for the news post.
Once the servers open up and/or the news post is made I'll translate it and post it here.

7 minutes ago, Intumesce said:

Yup, I've been refreshing the front page for hours now waiting for the news post.
Once the servers open up and/or the news post is made I'll translate it and post it here.

I can hardly wait.  

By the way, I really liked your solution to interclass balance on the official forums.  Nerfing side MBT armor and adding a tremendous amount of pen drop off to autocannons.  I'd really like to see that implemented, I think that would solve a lot of problems and create some really dynamic gameplay.

Just now, Intumesce said:

According to SS the patch isn't coming today after all.
Guess we'll have to wait.

Yeah, I just saw that.  Vague and snarky shit from SS as usual.

No patch notes yet, but the test server is up.
Screenshots of the new dealer:

H1VPoYp.jpg

h0aYg6M.jpg

So far:
No new current dealer vehicles added as far as I can see.
No retrofit changes.
No new buildings.
M8 still doesn't have smoke grenades.
New PvE consumable:

"Field Rebuild Kit
Restore 100% health when alive and revive at the nearest revive point with 60% HP and 100% ammo when dead."

Arty retrofits have been copied and added to some other vehicle lines. The TD line unlocks Magnetic Actuator Mk. 1 to 3 and the LT line unlocks Gyroscopic Stabilizers Mk. 1 to 3. You can still unlock them like normal on arty but now you can grind one or the other.

15 minutes ago, Intumesce said:

~snip~

Thanks so much for sharing all this information.  I went ahead and reposted this on Reddit, I didn't think you'd mind.

Do link that thread, I just wanna see how it looks like.
More info, will edit as I notice more:

You can now preview the Leopard 2A7+.
I don't see any vehicle changes at all. The aforementioned M8 doesn't have smoke grenades so that's a pretty good sign they didn't change anything related to vehicles.

Here's an album for the tier 8 tank and the tier 5 premium tank from the new dealer:
http://imgur.com/a/JKfMC

The Chinese MBT line seems to be more or less copies of Russian MBTs until tier 6 where they become a hybrid between the Russian MBT line and the Abrams line. Most notably their gun depression gets better.
Since there's no tier 1 or 2 for the line so far you have to unlock the whole dealer by doing damage in either dealer's vehicles. Currently you have to deal 600,000 damage in either PvP or PvE, but I assume that PvP requirement will change to a more reasonable 60,000 damage.

As I predicted, the base color for Chinese vehicles is vomit green/yellow.

Just now, Intumesce said:

Do link that thread, I just wanna see how it looks like.
More info, will edit as I notice more:

You can now preview the Leopard 2A7+.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArmoredWarfare/comments/42mmh3/russian_ptr_is_up_screenshot_of_new_dealer/

No crew skill changes.
No commander changes (from what I can see using the 3 stock commanders, I don't wanna grind out all of them to make sure.)
You can now see an autocannon's RPM in the Details tab.
Apparently there is a new retrofit. Screenshot here.

In addition to the arty retrofits being moved you can also unlock Juan on the Swingfire now and Freja from the BMD-1.
New camouflage patterns for all map types. I can't show it off since the game crashes when you put them on, but I can give you this screenshot.

29 minutes ago, Intumesce said:

No crew skill changes.
No commander changes (from what I can see using the 3 stock commanders, I don't wanna grind out all of them to make sure.)
You can now see an autocannon's RPM in the Details tab.
Apparently there is a new retrofit. Screenshot here.

In addition to the arty retrofits being moved you can also unlock Juan on the Swingfire now and Freja from the BMD-1.

I love you.

Alright, I can't find anything else new. I'll post more when/if the PTS is updated or when patchnotes are posted.
Here, have an album of the Leopard 2A7+ preview: http://imgur.com/a/tAUb3

Not entirely related to the update, but since I saw the AW subreddit I decided to check out the front page and found this very, very interesting thread.
If what Nit says is true, the following is planned or is coming soon:

• 15 commanders, 2 of which are premium
  • Buildings that create boosters and consumables ranging from credit boosts to in-match vehicle performance boosters
  • VARIOUS new retrofits
  • 3 new PvE minibosses
  • Tons of new vehicles, including 2 new Stryker variants and the T-10M (aka IS-8)
23 minutes ago, Intumesce said:

Alright, I can't find anything else new. I'll post more when/if the PTS is updated or when patchnotes are posted.
Here, have an album of the Leopard 2A7+ preview: http://imgur.com/a/tAUb3

Not entirely related to the update, but since I saw the AW subreddit I decided to check out the front page and found this very, very interesting thread.
If what Nit says is true, the following is planned or is coming soon:

• 15 commanders, 2 of which are premium
  • Buildings that create boosters and consumables ranging from credit boosts to in-match vehicle performance boosters
  • VARIOUS new retrofits
  • 3 new PvE minibosses
  • Tons of new vehicles, including 2 new Stryker variants and the T-10M (aka IS-8)

Apparently most of those files have been in the game since alpha.  So I'd approach that skeptically.

Many of those new retrofits are also incredibly redundant and likely just initial names for our current ones.

A little bit more info:

You can now (not sure if you could in the past) skip "unlock blocks" by using free XP. For example, you can use free XP to skip past the 600,000 damage requirement for the Chinese MBT line.
The free-XP use UI is a bit different. It's better and looks prettier, but nothing really worth posting a screenshot over.
The "don't show confirmation box" checkbox actually works now.

Just played a match in the Type 98. Seems pretty bad, it even has the same weak spots as the T-90 but with worse side armor and a weaker turret.
You earn ribbons when doing stuff, like in WoT. For example, damaging someone gets you the Bruiser ribbon. I couldn't take a picture of it in time but you can see it and the ribbon counter in the top right corner here:

zu4y7i2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

as of now the new dealer/tanks seem kinda meh, they kinda seem like they are "jack of all trades" tanks if that makes sense...not really good at anything, but not bad at anything either.

At least it only goes to tier 8. Just judging off stats, the Type 98 will be a very good middle ground between the Abrams and T-90. It looks promising, despite having a terrible mobility retrofit. Intercoms, shell mats, and gyro stabs would probably be beastly assuming it doesn't have some hidden fatal flaw.

https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?58400-Update-0-13-First-Glimpse

Apparently a revised MM is up on the PTS.

1 hour ago, Intumesce said:

You can now (not sure if you could in the past) skip "unlock blocks" by using free XP. For example, you can use free XP to skip past the 600,000 damage requirement for the Chinese MBT line.

I believe this was always the case.

2 hours ago, FrankyMcShanky said:

Someone who got the new camo to work has a 390 running at 90C...thats insane and he needs help.