Intumesce

Armored Warfare information/translation thread

Posting my observations from the 0.14 test server:

There are preview models for the SPHINX, Leopard 2A7+, and XM1A3.
The tier 10 for the British MBT line is called the "Challenger 2b" and has no preview model.
The PL-01 is in fact the tier 10 for the LT tree.
M8 now has smoke grenades.
There's a new tier 7 premium that costs 99,999 gold, the M1134 ATGM Stryker.

There's a new "Insignias" tab on the service tab.
According to Diedel, some LTs and TDs had their penetration buffed.
No other buffs that are immediately obvious to me.

Previews images of tier 10s and more here: http://imgur.com/a/pIIsc
Judging by the lack of roof panels on the XM1A3, I'm assuming that tier 10s still need to unlock modules.

https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?65462-Discussion-of-Skill-Influenced-MMing

TL;DR:

Skill MM is supposed to prevent stacked teams but has issues and has been heavily criticized by many people. 0.13 changed the mechanism to treat anyone with >55% WR as if they had 55% WR for the purpose of smoothing to not punish very good players as much, but with all the backlash from the community skill MM might get completely removed.

On 3/3/2016 at 3:15 AM, FrankyMcShanky said:

Merkava MK2b model added to the PTS game flies.

pls no obsidian, if they add the merkava ill have to start playing again :frenchy:

Some stuff I picked up from the 3rd devstream:

• 0.14 MBT armor changes are currently being monitored, there will be further changes if needed
  • Hull/turret traverse speeds and reverse speed of high tier MBTs are being looked into, but only in edge cases
  • hitpoint scaling in higher tiers is being looked into
  • devs are aware of the problems of SIMM, the current system will eventually be replaced, several ideas are being tested
  • camo nets are still planned
  • tier 9 TD will appear soon, more are in the pipeline
  • devs are aware of pve arty issues, there are several ideas including removing them from small maps and giving players more time to react
  • harpoon atgm launchers are planned
  • PVE/PVP hybrid mode is planned
  • rocket artillery "sounds interesting", but no immediate plans because its hard to balance
  • more variations of ATGMs are planned, players might get a choice (eg faster speed or more accurate etc.)

At least they're finally acknowledging there are issues with it and that it should be replaced.  They were fairly stalwart in defending it despite the glaring design flaws in it when it was explained after 0.13.

More detailed transcript of what was said about SIMM, courtesy of Spunky:

We acknowledge the issue with the current implementation and will be moving away from that. We still want to avoid scenarios where teams are completely stacked against each other due to luck of the draw, but we have a couple different approaches to that which we feel are a lot softer. These approaches will break up the high skill balance on one team or another, but they will not sort out the win rates for both teams to average out against each other. We do not want high-skill players being singled out and we don't want to continue matching players based on their overall win rates even if they are using a vehicle they are less skilled with. Instead, we are looking at using more vehicle-specific ratings.

https://www.twitch.tv/officialarmoredwarfare/v/57658879 1:04:30

https://aw.my.com/gb/news/general/introducing-panzerfest

So if you go completely nuts and win 150 games until the 13th you get a Leo 2AV ICE or 3250 gold. 

More reasonable 15 and 30 wins get you 1 million credits and 14 days premium respectively.

1 minute ago, breeeze said:

https://aw.my.com/gb/news/general/introducing-panzerfest

So if you go completely nuts and win 150 games until the 13th you get a Leo 2AV ICE or 3250 gold. 

More reasonable 15 and 30 wins get you 1 million credits and 14 days premium respectively.

Changed to 7 days, actually. Because My.com doesn't want us to have nice things.

Well, I already have more than a month of premium time in my inventory so they are giving out quite a bit already. 7 days seems reasonable for 30 wins, WG would give a single day for 150 wins. 

Actually, it started out as 30 days, was turned into 14 and then to 7, which is fucking retarded. If there is one thing MyCom is really shit at, it's the management of their events. And tbh booster events are better. 1mil of credits is nothing, 7 days of premium is meh mainly because they were switching it around, but alone prem time is always nice and the Leo is nice, but requires literally treating the game as a second job with how much time it will take.

But free stuff is free stuff and at least they don't give out garage slots, so it's okay.

Jesus what on earth is wrong with their servers holy shit the amount of disconnects were frustrating, Jesus the servers took the best time to give up and die, and also they're not handing out the 1000 gold bonus for getting the 4th daily log in reward which is a Leo 1 its been changed to a 100 gold bonus if you have the vehicle.  

Update 0.15 is coming: https://aw.my.com/gb/news/general/update-015-preview

Important stuff:

• Tier 10 tanks
  • 2 new PvE missions
  • Merkava 2B Tier 7 premium
  • Garage UI improvements
  • APS and ATGM changes
  • Light tank depression changes

45 minutes ago, breeeze said:

Update 0.15 is coming: https://aw.my.com/gb/news/general/update-015-preview

Important stuff:

• Tier 10 tanks
  • 2 new PvE missions
  • Merkava 2B Tier 7 premium
  • Garage UI improvements
  • APS and ATGM changes
  • Light tank depression changes

A) plsno, hightier gameplay is shit

B) since they seem keen on making PvE the designated retardmode, it's gonna be some easy shit again

C) Wanted to buy it, but now that I have the Cent 120 Wolf, I'll wait for them to buff it like they did with the WZ first :3

D) to F) - if they don't fuck it up, dis gon b gud

Anyways, looks decent overall, but the T10 will imho be fairly problematic... Also, still no company/team battle equivalent or any even remotely competitive content, I am disappoint.

Yeah, if they wanna introduce tier 10s they should give us some kind of competitive mode to make it worth it. Im interest though how ridiculous the cost is gonna be, retrofits in particular, 15 million per retrofit or what :doge:

1 hour ago, breeeze said:

Yeah, if they wanna introduce tier 10s they should give us some kind of competitive mode to make it worth it. Im interest though how ridiculous the cost is gonna be, retrofits in particular, 15 million per retrofit or what :doge:

Also the T-14 Armata in the current build is apparently pretty shit from what I've heard (have not played the PTS yet myself), it has a gun that does 1k damage, but everything else on that tank is utter garbage, especially the armor :serb:

2 hours ago, EndlessAgony said:

Also the T-14 Armata in the current build is apparently pretty shit from what I've heard (have not played the PTS yet myself), it has a gun that does 1k damage, but everything else on that tank is utter garbage, especially the armor :serb:

https://youtu.be/EFPnO2_F7vw

13 hours ago, EndlessAgony said:

That doesn't surprise me, the T-14 Armata relies on armour for protection against light/medium projectiles.

It has an impressive array of passive and active systems for anti-missile and high calibre kinetic projectile protection

- infrared and radar surveillance and tracking
- active laser jamming
- active radar jamming
- shaped forged fragment kinetic projectile protection system

and some more items which have only been hinted at.

For AW to model this correctly they are going to have to rethink APS systems for Tier 10 completely. Future armoured fighting vehicles are going to rely less on armour protection and more on high tech active systems à la the T-14.
Either that or they can say "fuck the real modern stuff, lets go with super strong fictitious armour and throw a blind eye at the clever stuff".

1 hour ago, Krollin said:

2long4quote

Well, tbh there's less they can fuck up with superstronk armor with some weakspots than they can with high tech toys, as they are much more complicated and harder to balance, so it makes sense from their pov. A bit less work, less things to fuck up, less complicated mechanics that confuse players, etc. I'd love to see more of the active protection in the game, but at the same time I can understand why they aren't going for it that much.

Also, for the Armata, I knew the armor shouldn't be that good, but I expected them to fuck up with all the angles and with the weakspots again (for all the MBTs, not only the Armata tbh), but I am pleasantly surprised they didn't. Tbh, looking some more into it, the Armata seems to be fairly balanced actually. You have choice of High DPM, decently accurate, but kinda lacking penetration gun or high Alpha, high pen, but less accurate with shittier handling gun, the armor is decent, if harder to use, decent mobility. Seems pretty balanced tbh, definitely not even near the OP level of T-90MS when tier 9 was released. Oh my god, I can already see the salt and tears when pubs who farmed in the T-90MS find out they won't be able to do the same thing in Armata after spending the 40-50 ish millions to buy and fit it (my guesstimate, prices are not known yet).

Tbh though, the tanks seem to be pretty far from what will be released on live servers, so it can change. The big Leo turret weakspot comes to mind, the Abrams LFP is far from solid, some gun stats (too long reload on Chally 2 and Leo imo, etc.) aren't what they should be, etc. I think a lot of changes are going to be made until 0.15 comes live. If they are also going to further balance the hightier gameplay (which is better in 0.14, but still far from being even close to optimal), I can see higher tiers becoming just as enjoyable as the lower tiers are. Now I just wish in regards to T10 that they add at least some semicompetitive mode like the WoT teambattles or companies.

16 hours ago, Captain_F22ACE said:

Watching that video, it seems the tier 10s pretty much mirror the 8s and 9s.  Same weak spot locations, but the T-14 and Leo2A7 look like they have some huge ass turret ring weak spots.  I can see those being changed, especially on the Leo.  The PL-01 with stronger frontal than T-14 and Leo2A7 lolz.  

As for the patch, LT depression is great and all, but the gun handling nerf to them is what ruined them.  It's already stupid playing them and having Leopards that are every bit as fast and maneuverable as you, unless you have a long ass road to pull away on, which is never.  They need hull traverse and gun handling.  Even then, they won't be OP with all the maps moving towards WoT style brawl mechanics and nowhere to actually play in the open.  

http://imgur.com/a/i96TF

those cost's.....

22 hours ago, EndlessAgony said:

i found that quite amusing actually, people always complained that the MS had to many weak points despite how small and hard to hit they were. yet with the T-14 they essentially made it a glass canon which was surprising to see. only question is will it remain that way........