Intumesce

Armored Warfare information/translation thread

I started playing t8 (Ariete), having the 'best battle of the week' with 500 dmg in t10 match (@breeeze was there) I noticed it feels worse than wot being t8 in t10 match.

T10 mbt's just point and overmatch you and you need to play the sniper role until your higher tier mbt's made enough opening you to move and flank if they didn't gg.

@Stige If you don't play higher than t8 you could hit me ingame.

@IceChant If you are tier 8 mbt in tier 10 game one pretty good approach is to go with one of those high risk high gain plans like super aggressive flanks on rushing in to a risky position. You are pretty much expendable and playing the "regular" mbt game will have you in disadvantage obviously. This does require some game sense though and can naturally fail horribly but also has a reasonable chance to get you one of those tier 8 carrying tier 10 games.

@Stige https://discord.gg/4MZcxd3 Feel free to join and ask around. No promises or guarantees though.

Well I loaded up my EU account, since PVP is not a thing on NA anymore. Here's what I'm working with:

McXLzBz.jpg

So anyone wants to plat on EU with a T-90 that's been afk for 6+ months, hit me up...lol...

54 minutes ago, Daroc said:

@IceChant If you are tier 8 mbt in tier 10 game one pretty good approach is to go with one of those high risk high gain plans like super aggressive flanks on rushing in to a risky position. You are pretty much expendable and playing the "regular" mbt game will have you in disadvantage obviously. This does require some game sense though and can naturally fail horribly but also has a reasonable chance to get you one of those tier 8 carrying tier 10 games.

Did just just that two battles later, 3.5k dmg and 3rd rep on team but it could just has much went completely differently.

On 8/12/2016 at 0:40 PM, Shade421 said:

Which is exactly what killed WoT CW's in the first place....

I stopped playing WOT CW when they introduced CW2.0  and the tier 6 and 8 battles. It was bad enough playing those tiers during campaigns. Also adding tier 6 and 8 CW killed strongholds for most people. Stronghold battles were one of the best additions to WOT and WG ruined it by making them a requirement for CW2.0

I dont understand what these devs are thinking. All the long standing mmo's have most of their best content as end game, as in after the grinding is done, all that awesome power you earned is now needed to continue and compete. But these tank game devs seem to think end game somehow means shit people who have been playing for a couple days can jump in to. Wows is doing the same thing with ranked and team battles. It doesn't make sense and I don't know where they got this idea from but it needs to stop if they ever want to retain a core competitive player base.

I legitimately don't get the problem here, maybe I'm not enough of a competitive player, I don't know, feel free to explain. From what we know so far, LoW will feature different tiers with different setups, including T10,  which imho keeps things interesting. Playing nothing but T10 is what seems boring to me. I believe the devs also said that LoW is only the first part of competitive gameplay.

For me, it's the idea of grinding something better than everything below it, supposedly the pinnacle of what the game has to offer...and then having nothing to do with it. Why did I spend years in wot grinding every tier 10 just to have nothing but randoms to play them in? Why did I just spend all that time in AW grinding them to not even be able to play randoms in them? They are supposed to be the best vehicles out there, why can't those of us that put the effort in to get them have something to do with them? But no, instead they limit competitive play to mostly or entirely tiers that any drooling jackoff can grind to in a couple days or just buy a premium version of. What's the incentive to dedicate any time or effort? What separates the good from the average, especially.on a server where no one that likes high tiers can play them? That's the best explanation for my frustration with AW right now anyway.

I see where you're coming from, the terrible population of the NA server probably doesn't help, on EU you can get T10 games almost all day. Although I think making a T10 only gamemode currently just wouldn't work, the game is relatively new, not many people even have T10s (I don't have a single one and don't have any motivation to grind my T9s in an environment where 90% of games are vs. horribly powercreeped 10s), so it would end up being just the biggest 5 clans battling it out which doesn't really help the game at all.

When WOT introduced CW there weren't many people that had turret ten's so most clans brought some lower tiers to full their roster. It quickly became apparent that clans with the most tier ten's was likely going to win. That motivated many players including myself to finish grinding to top tiers ASAP.  

Currently I'm playing WOWS and with nearly 3000 battles I still don't have a tier ten and I rarely play my tier nines. There is just no incentive to, no end tier game play, and tier ten randoms are awful at the moment. Although I disagree with Shade a little, I very much like team battles, it reminds me of WOT strongholds and team tournaments. Ranked battles aren't all that fun, they are OK for a few battles but it becomes too grind to get to the top ranks.

PRELIMINARY 0.17 PATCHNOTES

https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?84322-Preliminary-0-17-Patchnotes

Most important stuff:

• Shot Delay Improvements

This is huge, shot delay is now gone completely, prediction is (as far as I can tell) completely fixed, shooting now feels just as good as in WoT, although I can't compare it for people with bad ping.

• Guided Missile and Smoke Updates

In short: Many tanks can now shoot missiles on the move, for others the delay has been removed, delay from switching weapons has also been removed, damage/reload has been adjusted to HEAT levels

This has the potential to screw up a lot of stuff, in LoW PTS the meta has already massively shifted, BMPs and BMDs are king, anything weak to ATGMs gets screwed (light tanks in particular since they're mostly strong vs. AC, weak vs. ATGM), Leo and T-lines get a huge buff and missiles are flying everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these changes get rolled back, in particular MBTs being able to shoot ATGMs on the move.

Smoke change has less of an impact, tanks now have 15 charges with 45s reload, 35s for light tanks, so more smoke overall and a nerf to light tanks since they can't quickly smoke anymore

• Render Range Update

No more limited render range, the impact of this is still being debated, on one hand it means some spots can now shoot large areas on many maps, including the spawn on many, enouraging camping (River Point can shoot from spawn to spawn now), however it might also be a nerf to camping since getting lit up now while camping means getting vaporized very quickly while pushing means being lit up anyway and potentially receiving more support from your own teams campers. We are in consensus however that some maps should've been adjusted first.

• Ammo Rack Update

Red ammo rack now only means +20% reload, so shooting ammo racks and using preventative skills/retros is now pointless

Yeah this upcoming patch is going to mess the meta up big time, more so than any patch up to this point by far. Will be interesting to see to what direction though.

On 9/6/2016 at 5:54 PM, breeeze said:

• Shot Delay Improvements

This is huge, shot delay is now gone completely, prediction is (as far as I can tell) completely fixed, shooting now feels just as good as in WoT, although I can't compare it for people with bad ping.

It's still not gone.  It's noticeable playing on the LoW test server from NA.

On 9/10/2016 at 10:16 PM, Illy said:

It's still not gone.  It's noticeable playing on the LoW test server from NA.

Isn't that server in Russia? There'd be delay in WoT from that distance.

15 hours ago, Shade421 said:

Isn't that server in Russia? There'd be delay in WoT from that distance.

The LoW test servers is apparently in the EU somewhere, same as the WoT SB.  Played on both and the latter is much better.

8 hours ago, Illy said:

The LoW test servers is apparently in the EU somewhere, same as the WoT SB.  Played on both and the latter is much better.

Hmm, I haven't tried the LoW server, no interest in it. On NA, anyway, the shot delay is completely gone for me. As in, I find no difference at all coming from snapshotting all day in WoT to sniping the front drive wheel ammo racks on Leo 2's at full speed in AW. Maybe it is still there with higher latency, but I didn't notice it on my EU account connecting from NA East coast.

There's an event going on currently for tiers 3 and 6 so in the evening on NA you'll eventually get a game at those tiers. 

Eventually because despite the numbers showed in queue their MM always takes a long time to actually form the game.  It's still better than their LoW test server MM which sits on more than enough players for minutes and then when you finally get the 'starting a match' message again takes well over a minute to fade out and start loading the battle. 

Back to the live server most of the time the games are just not worth it.  Either you get a group of PvE players just there to check a box (had a rare game with 10+ per side the other day and over half the team did zero damage... since the pop is so low I didn't recognize any of the names so a safe bet they were PvE only players) or you get the shitbags who jump into OP vehicles a tier higher and club the folks actually knocking out the event.  Given how atrocious balance currently is it's hardly a fun experience.

Frankly... it's hard to be positive for the future of this game.  Since I started playing in January the number of things they've fucked up or were fucked up for a long time and not addressed far outweighs anything they've done right.  The devs keep telling us balance 2.0 will fix everything but, unless the team working on it is almost a new group, what reason is there to believe they can finally get it right now when they couldn't after years of development?  Can anyone else think of a major title that completely revamped their gameplay just months/weeks before official launch and it worked out for the best?

My biggest issue right now is the fact that I can't properly play the game due to networking issues on MyCom's end. Thus, I chargebacked it, bought a Wot eu acc for shits and giggles and spent the rest on other shit.

While i still consider AW.to be overall superior to wot as a game, the publisher is about three times worse - whether it's by intent, or just a result of idiocy, I don't care. After multiple fuckups, and my personal problems with them, I'm really done this time. 

The relative inexperience of devs with this game resulting in some setbacks and longer period between finding and fixing a problem, I could stomach, but fucktards trying to rip me off and random 5000ms / 100ploss lagspikes I cannot.

WoT is... Meh, kinda. But it has old tonks which I like more, and I can actually play the game. Fuck WG, but it's no worse than MyCom tbh.