no_name_cro

WG's official map poll

Mines would be fine if they limited it to tier 8 top. Fiery/Prok, Lakeville and Malinovka are the last remaining vision meta maps, remove them and you might as well remove light tanks as well. I'd like Kharkov, Windstorm and Airfield removed.

Also SEA actually get a topic, not a poll.

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/62266-help-determine-the-future-of-world-of-tanks-maps/

My choices were:

• Serene Coast (Too small of an engagement area in the hills, lacks any good way of getting between the bases, too arty friendly especially in the heavy's area)
  • Windstorm (Ugly, performance issues, lack of tactically useful medium engagement area)
  • Stalingrad (Ugly, performance issues, incredibly TD unfriendly)
  • Fjords (Favors north spawn too heavily, brawling corner is garbage)

Of the listed maps on NA, I'd be pretty disappointed if Malinvoka, Fisherman's Bay, or Ensk were removed. Malinovka is just a core of WoT to me, and I think it's a fairly varied map. My only problem with it is how absurdly powerful arty can be on the map. Fisherman's Bay is just pretty good. Ensk is actually a lot of fun to me, although I wouldn't complain if it were tier limited to T8 and lower and/or the hills/forest side of the map was extended a bit further.

1 hour ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

Mines would be fine if they limited it to tier 8 top. Fiery/Prok, Lakeville and Malinovka are the last remaining vision meta maps, remove them and you might as well remove light tanks as well. I'd like Kharkov, Windstorm and Airfield removed.

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/62266-help-determine-the-future-of-world-of-tanks-maps/

Cuz polls R 4 nubs, apparently.

Wait, I like Overlord/Karkov, why are choices like Shitfried's Line and Arctic nowhere to be seen on the NA poll. I'd rather fight a 24/7 city rotation than a garbage map like Arctic or Shitfried.

1 hour ago, JimmytehHand said:

Wait, I like Overlord/Karkov, why are choices like Shitfried's Line and Arctic nowhere to be seen on the NA poll. I'd rather fight a 24/7 city rotation than a garbage map like Arctic or Shitfried.

Removing Arctic would make my T110E3 sad. 

4 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

I guess it's take what you have guys... vote other shit map, if you can change your 2nd most hated map why not vote? IMO WoT is filled with shit maps, so improving 5 crappy ones is a start I guess,

If there is one thing for certain is that no maps are universally good or shit, we all look for different things in a map. f.e. I'm totally fine with Stalingrad, Kharkov or Tundra, but then their layout suits my playstyle. And frankly the biggest reason I hate Prokhorovka or its retarded sibling is because of skycancer that always ruins a gud fyte. 

9 hours ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

I actually had to log in to that steaming pile of excrement they call a forum. Was not happy.

Surely theres an easier way to make WG understand that my loathing for Overlord is too strong to actually put into words?

14 minutes ago, karl0ssus1 said:

I actually had to log in to that steaming pile of excrement they call a forum. Was not happy.

Surely theres an easier way to make WG understand that my loathing for Overlord is too strong to actually put into words?

I feel your pain bro.

11 minutes ago, igorCRO said:

Don't know why, but I really hate Ensk...

I would imagine because your play is slanted to higher tiers.  Ensk is like mines; too small for high-tier play

What's most interesting is how varied everyone's tastes are, there doesn't seem to be a overall consensus.

Of NA's listed choices I voted: I voted Malinovka, Serene Coast, highway, tundra, windstorm and fisherman's bay.

I actually don't mind Stalingrad and can stomach Kharkov. On the NA polls at least those two lead the way with Malinovka wayyyy down and I think that map is really fucked up.. Also I would of added different maps like airfield and lakeville.

My votes in order of how bad they are:

Windstorm: One of the worst maps in the game right now, just absolutely awful. More than two arty and this map is totally unplayable

Tundra: Terrible design with all the cover near the redline, it's an awful and stagnant map giving way too much incentive for people to camp after the initial stage of hill grab

Highway: This map is so fucked up, unplayable with more than two arty and incredibly easy to get capped on cause the flanks are so far apart. It's about as shit as North West.

Stalingrad: terrible corridor design, no need to explain.

Kharkov: Just not a cool map all in all. It's not that much of a corridor map actually but I don't like it, personal preference. It's too much all over the place and the caps are too protected.

Honorable mention goes to Ensk and it's amazing three minute meta, sucks if you wanna farm.

If people on Fjords would figure out that if you spawn from the Western base you fucking have to push North and not sit on that useless balcony it would be a cool map. Every time there's two or three meds going there and they're absolutely worthless after they tried going for a first shot to a crossing heavy.

On RU server Overlord and Stalingrad are leading followed by kharkov, the rest is about on par, so i guess Stalingrad will be removed (didnt Serb or Storm mention something long (long) ago about stalingrad needing some sort of fixing?)

Interesting that most (though not all, admittedly) of the dislike is pooling around the new (ish) maps

Seems like the poll isn't just pointing to which maps need work but that the department as a whole needs an overhaul

On 1/22/2016 at 5:27 PM, hall0 said:

If those patch notes are true. South Coast and Fjords had been removed.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/9-13-public-test/#map

• Removed Fjords map from Random battles
  • Removed South Coast map from Random battles

http://wotreplays.com/site/2431612#fjords-flaksmith-t110e3

Good lord, how much I wish that the so called Windstorm shit was removed. Lights are absolutely useless on this map, and @X3N4 stated above me, artillery is way too powerful on this map.

Also, Id be quite glad if they limited Mines and Ensk to t8 top. On top of that, Mines are just shitfest with more than one arty in the game.

Last but not least, devs should really focus on Stalingrad. Right now, its 90% HT map, spgs suck, lts are useless and tds cant do much. 

All in all, there are many more maps that are somehow broken (Im talking about you Sacred valey hill campfest:rngfu:) or too corridorish (Tundra, no need to explain) that should be redone. But after all, these are just my opinions. 

3 hours ago, X3N4 said:

Honorable mention goes to Ensk and it's amazing three minute meta, sucks if you wanna farm.

If people on Fjords would figure out that if you spawn from the Western base you fucking have to push North and not sit on that useless balcony it would be a cool map. Every time there's two or three meds going there and they're absolutely worthless after they tried going for a first shot to a crossing heavy.

I love ensk, but I can easily see why you dislike it.

I usually go to the balcony on fjords, I gave up on trying to push the north long ago because I always found myself getting fucked by tanks sitting in bushes on the east side. I think I'll try pushing north again, but are there any tricks you use to make that flank work?

The one I dislike the most at the moment is Windstorm, just can't seem to figure that map out at all. It seems like there's nowhere decent to go on that map for any class. It's pretty good for arty though...

Of the rest on the NA poll, I chose Stalingrad because it's a lot less varied than Kharkov, which at least has some differences in terrain and less straight corridors. Fjords because it seems a bit imbalanced, almost everything depends on who controls that north-east corner, as if you can control it, you get about 75% of the map. That was it, the rest are at least sorta manageable.

But yes, it does show that personal preference plays a bit part in map preference - there are no clear outlier "everyone hates this map" outcomes on the NA poll.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also voted for Highway, because there's just so much dead space in that map (the entire middle) that it means if one flank fails very quickly it's next to impossible for the other flank to recover in time.

If Ensk and Mines get limited to tier 8 tops, I'll be happy. Too small and too forgiving to high alpha tanks (Ensk) or goes to shit with arty and RNG of team lists (Mines).

Fjords can Fuck off, as can Windstorm. Only these maps I hate at the moment.

Limit mines to T8, remove Stalingrad and Abbey.  Can I get a "what maps I want un-fixed/brought back" poll please?

do we really want to remove more maps. Like for what? Are we getting new maps to replace them? Do we need less?

Still maps need to be dynamic. there was a second Czech map that looked fairly cool. Where is it?

Really am not a huge fan of overlord though it has slightly grown on me. It's now no longer a shitfest map. fuck beaches though I get its a D-day map, but come on make an entire 1/4 of a map completely useless.

+1 for removing mines/capping it at a certain tier. That map is much too small for late game tanks.

Guys, looking at the posts it is quite clear that there are no universally hated maps, even among users posting here. So creating polls like this is rather useless? I kinda like mines, Overlord is fine if you remove the beach, Proko-mali-sailent-nofka are fine really, nice medium/light maps. Vision maps are easily won (and lost) due to one competent medium or light player. And the skill gap between players is so high, that 15:0 and 0:15 results are common. Cant really do anything with O-HO on a vision map if you scouts camp behind TDs. Doesnt matter how good you are.

I think WG should take a hard look at map design philosophy in general. If their goal is to create a mix of vision maps and city maps then they just have to create more vision maps, balance favored spawns and we are good to go.

On 1/22/2016 at 11:47 PM, zippy_the_cat said:

Poll is invalid, doesn't include the pos known as Sacred Valley.

This! Had to vote Stalingrad, Kharkov, Serene Coast and Windstrom, I just don't like any of them. 

On 1/23/2016 at 7:42 PM, Rexxie said:

My choices were:

• Serene Coast (Too small of an engagement area in the hills, lacks any good way of getting between the bases, too arty friendly especially in the heavy's area)
  • Windstorm (Ugly, performance issues, lack of tactically useful medium engagement area)
  • Stalingrad (Ugly, performance issues, incredibly TD unfriendly)
  • Fjords (Favors north spawn too heavily, brawling corner is garbage)

Of the listed maps on NA, I'd be pretty disappointed if Malinvoka, Fisherman's Bay, or Ensk were removed. Malinovka is just a core of WoT to me, and I think it's a fairly varied map. My only problem with it is how absurdly powerful arty can be on the map. Fisherman's Bay is just pretty good. Ensk is actually a lot of fun to me, although I wouldn't complain if it were tier limited to T8 and lower and/or the hills/forest side of the map was extended a bit further.

I would love to see a correlation between most played TYPE of tank and most hated maps, but I think we all know what would be revealed.   The heavy drivers want short sight lines and hard cover.  The scouts and mediums want LOTS of soft cover and undulating terrain.  The TDs want soft cover with LONG sight lines.   I refuse to speculate about what the @#@#$% artys want.