Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
allenmark00

So any tips on surviving in an bottom tier in a 3-tier spread?

Recommended Posts

To nobody's surprise, it's related to the Chieftain Mk.5. But this also expands to the OF-40 and my Sheridan, as well. I can understand the Sheridan being bad since I haven't unlock the second gun yet. I mainly use Armor-Piercing rounds on the OF-40 and Chieftain. But my issue is an combination of being too slow to retreat and not having enough firepower to actually be useful. Granted, the Chieftain can deal some damage, But it dies too fast in most of the maps that I get (i blame inability to hull-down on demand) due to the fragile hull. I can't really fight an tier 6 or 7 without dealing an lot of damage...

So what's the point of an 3-tier spread, excluding the experience multiplier, if I can't really farm damage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be a shitlord and quit at the start of the battle like you did on my team earlier today.  That's usually a good place to start, actually participating in the battle.

Btw,  we won and I in my two-tiers-down tier 5....the same tier as you....made ~3rd on the team with well over 2k damage.  And I'm pretty sure I survived that battle.

 

You're slow, give your teammates a minute to spread out at the start of the game and position yourself accordingly.  You won't be winning any races to get to key spots early on with the Chieftain's speed and if you try it's a sure way to get caught on a flank alone facing something like a Leo2AV or MBT-70.  Find a corridor and become an immovable wall of HP and armor, you don't need to focus on doing huge damage and you shouldn't be risking taking high damage hits to deal damage.  You're just a deterrent and there to distract the enemy so your teammates can do work.  Focus more on survival than your damage counter.  The longer you live the more likely it is you will be presented with the opportunity to deal damage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, allenmark00 said:

~snip~

 

2 hours ago, shwedor said:

You're just a deterrent and there to distract the enemy so your teammates can do work.  Focus more on survival than your damage counter.  The longer your live the more likely it is you will be presented with the opportunity to deal damage.

 

What Shwedor said is very important to winning games.  Sharing HP as a team is very important to victory.  Do everything if your power not to bleed HP but at the same time don't be such a giant fucking pussy that you let another tank die (as long as that player seems somewhat competent.)  

It's important not to take damage, it's also important to take damage at the right times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how do I deal with the fact that I'm kill #14 because I'm too slow to save an losing flank? Because that happened to me on that island map: North side falling apart. I was on my own, trying to approach the airfield from the south before I decided to take an Viking's death. And I got wish: Lost to Echii's VBL and 2 more AFVs after doubling back to our spawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, allenmark00 said:

So how do I deal with the fact that I'm kill #14 because I'm too slow to save an losing flank? Because that happened to me on that island map: North side falling apart. I was on my own, trying to approach the airfield from the south before I decided to take an Viking's death. And I got wish: Lost to Echii's VBL and 2 more AFVs after doubling back to our spawn.

whats with the pubbie obsession of holding all flanks?

it really isnt that important

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, allenmark00 said:

So how do I deal with the fact that I'm kill #14 because I'm too slow to save an losing flank? Because that happened to me on that island map: North side falling apart. I was on my own, trying to approach the airfield from the south before I decided to take an Viking's death. And I got wish: Lost to Echii's VBL and 2 more AFVs after doubling back to our spawn.

You were alone. Don't do that. It doesn't matter if no one went to super serial important flank #3...it really seriously doesn't. Stop going to stupid places "because no one else is".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allenmark00 said:

So how do I deal with the fact that I'm kill #14 because I'm too slow to save an losing flank? Because that happened to me on that island map: North side falling apart. I was on my own, trying to approach the airfield from the south before I decided to take an Viking's death. And I got wish: Lost to Echii's VBL and 2 more AFVs after doubling back to our spawn.

The only reason you ever have to go middle or south on that map is if the other shitlord lemmings on your team all went there and you'd have no support north.

You don't have to hold a flank.  Holding flanks just gets you killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2016 at 3:51 PM, allenmark00 said:

To nobody's surprise, it's related to the Chieftain Mk.5. But this also expands to the OF-40 and my Sheridan, as well. I can understand the Sheridan being bad since I haven't unlock the second gun yet. I mainly use Armor-Piercing rounds on the OF-40 and Chieftain. But my issue is an combination of being too slow to retreat and not having enough firepower to actually be useful. Granted, the Chieftain can deal some damage, But it dies too fast in most of the maps that I get (i blame inability to hull-down on demand) due to the fragile hull. I can't really fight an tier 6 or 7 without dealing an lot of damage...

So what's the point of an 3-tier spread, excluding the experience multiplier, if I can't really farm damage?

Oh hey I just saw this.

Start using your brain and have some balls to actually play instead of hiding at the back like a bloody retard like you were in your Chieftain.

I still remember the conversation as your isolated Cent 5 got flanked and rekt by my VBL until my teammate hit me.

The reason you lost to my VBL wasn't because of the tier spread, I could have absolutely destroyed you in a Fox anyway because you were going your own way isolated from your team and were basically hiding like a shitty coward

 

You: *Some shitty whine*

Me: "Get active and stop hiding back like a shitter while your team is pressing"

You: "I didn't do anything"

Me: "Exactly why you're a shitlord"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FrankyMcShanky said:

The only reason you ever have to go middle or south on that map is if the other shitlord lemmings on your team all went there and you'd have no support north.

You don't have to hold a flank.  Holding flanks just gets you killed.

 

15 hours ago, zapyoug said:

whats with the pubbie obsession of holding all flanks?

it really isnt that important

 

14 hours ago, Shade421 said:

You were alone. Don't do that. It doesn't matter if no one went to super serial important flank #3...it really seriously doesn't. Stop going to stupid places "because no one else is".

Let me correct all of you on his account.

He wasn't just alone, he was hiding back alone in the south as if he was holding a flank.

 

He was doing such a shitty job that my VBL was literally able to flank him after going north and taking the LONG WAY AROUND THE FUCKING MAP. He would have delayed of stopped me from outflanking every single one of his MBTs in mid had he at least camped north.

The ONLY thing that stopped me from killing him was friendly fire from my team's ERC killing me.

He might thing that it's some kind of honour to die late in the game, but the only reason he was #14 to die is because he was literally in a position too worthless to attack..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...