Sign in to follow this  
Jarkorsis

Yorck isn't as bad as people say

18 hours ago, ncc81701 said:

Have anyone played with the Yorick lately? I recently got it from the German Tech Tree sale and the ship seems to get its engines KOed more than even my destroyers (2-3 times per match, most times in very quick succession). Is this a bug or was the Yorick's engine protection always that weak?

I am grinding it at the moment. Where grinding is the wrong word...it is one of my best ships (WTR and Win% wise), I really enjoy it and will probably even keep it. Very good guns with very good range. Easy to do good damage in. And yes...played with Last Stand for a while but recently reskilled and now play without.

17 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Is that from HE shells? The citadel roof on the Yorck is pretty thin (30mm) and might be vulnerable to HE splash at some calibres.

Yep, I also notice that it's typically HE shells landing in the top-deck aft quarter of the ship. I think I might have to adjust even more from how I normally play with the K-berg and N-berg. Thanks for the heads up. 

6 hours ago, PrivateBert said:

I am grinding it at the moment. Where grinding is the wrong word...it is one of my best ships (WTR and Win% wise), I really enjoy it and will probably even keep it. Very good guns with very good range. Easy to do good damage in. And yes...played with Last Stand for a while but recently reskilled and now play without.

I'm grinding the Yorick and the Pensacola at the same time and at the moment they seem pretty similar but my preference is for the Pensacola. They both seem pretty decent, and are about what I expect after having played the IJN line up to Myoko. Jury is still out on which one I like the most.