X1thebeast29X

Aircraft Appreciation Thread

10 hours ago, X1thebeast29X said:

Talk aboot big ass wings.

b57.jpg

WB-57F high-altitude research aircraft. There's a Canberra somewhere under all that.

bvm43lhbjsqv9dkw06hg.jpgcc7jhkoafxyhwozujbvq.jpgimage019.jpgSpeaking of what should have been. This would have been a far superior platform to the Super Hornet. Thank for royally fucking Grumman over Dick Cheney...

1 hour ago, BattleMetalChris said:

WB-57F high-altitude research aircraft. There's a Canberra somewhere under all that.

I believe NASA still has one of those beauties still flying.

Got to fly in the back seat of an F-16D a long time ago when I was in the service. It was amazing. The plane was so smooth... dat fly-by-wire. We took off with 3 other planes, ran a couple enemy intercept scenarios and flew back home. I was expecting some Top Gun shit but these days, kills are so far out, I don't even think I saw the other side. Pilot let me fly it a little before we had to land. Sigh... that was a fun day.

My favorite plane is the B-2. If you've seen it fly over.. it is goddamn huge and looks like an alien ship. Very majestic. I'd shit my pants if I was Jihad Joe and this alien space ship came over blocking the sunlight. It's crazy how something that looks like this can even fly.  

Other nod to the B-1, aka 'Bone'. Another big boy... so goddamn powerful. 4 turbofan engines... a beast. Saw a couple fly over and turn their burners on. Boner time.

Round out this list with the F-22... sexy looking plane. My favorite was watching a F-22 flying around near our campground close to Nevada. It was probably based out of Nellis AFB at that time. I think the pilot was just testing shit out but my friends and I were camping and he came and put on a show.

On the console forums, there is a thread pretty much like this, and we have a guy who was actually an RAF F-4 pilot. I'll have to try and go find some stories for you guys.

On January 27, 2016 at 4:45 PM, X1thebeast29X said:

Appreciate.

FURF4C2GaryChambers.jpg

Hide contents

VF-4C Phantom II's. Note the lack of hard points, drop tanks, and the camera bulge.

Might as well start the thread with the sexiest beast, right?

Also, I know what an RF- 4 is, I have no idea a VF-4 is.

14 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Might as well start the thread with the sexiest beast, right?

Also, I know what an RF- 4 is, I have no idea a VF-4 is.

Yeah I dont know where I got the V from. Thats funny, Ill fix it. 

Heres a 4X-JPA

f_4_2000_super_phantom_4x_jpa_1987_paris

3 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

Always had a soft spot for the F-4 but do they ever look dirty with the AB's on...

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Gallery+Maple+Flag+fighter+jets/1651240/story.html

The pics in that article had F-4s with flaps deployed, not air brakes.  They were taking off; note the use of afterburner.

B-26 was a sexy beast.  Carried the payload of a B-17, although obviously not with the same range or defensive firepower.

All these big machines... You gotta give it up to the best basic trainer of the past almost 60 years. Without it, most of those pilots would have never started a love affair with the air.

1973_C150L_19370.jpg

7 hours ago, BattleMetalChris said:

461034.jpg

P-61. *swoon*

One of the few actually successful heavy fighters of WW2.

1 hour ago, Chryses said:

All these big machines... You gotta give it up to the best basic trainer of the past almost 60 years. Without it, most of those pilots would have never started a love affair with the air.

1973_C150L_19370.jpg

170?

10 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

One of the few actually successful heavy fighters of WW2.

Beaufighter would like a word

beaufighter%2010.jpg

1953889.jpg

Lets see some P38 love while were at it, by far my favorite WWII warplane

5141892869_7c5a855c2e_b.jpg

My favorite paint scheme I've ever seen on any real plane, VF-84 Jolly Rodgers

The Black Widow, Lightning and Mosquito were all successful heavy fighters; the Bf 110 and Me 410 were not.  I'd have to read up on the Beaufighter to say.

9 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

1953889.jpg

Lets see some P38 love while were at it, by far my favorite WWII warplane

I just love twin-boom aircraft in general.

Nellis05-D2_OV-10_Bronco_01.jpg

C-119_Boxcar.jpg

1723960.jpg