SpartacusDiablo

Why the console hate?

Just now, SpartacusDiablo said:

Why?

Blitz is an extremely dumbed down version of standard PC WoT with worse graphics, less content, shitter players, and considerably worse control of gameplay. It's possible that Blitz might have more players than PC, but that does not mean that will become the platform of choice. A lot of people play CoC and stuff like Crossy Road on mobile devices. So unless Blitz suddenly has more content and appeals to more serious and skilled people than WoT on PC, it will not become the new "World of Tanks".

Oh and the keyword is "Blitz". WoT Blitz is basically intended to be a version of WoT that sacrifices gameplay and complexity to be able to function on a weaker gaming system (mobile)

2 minutes ago, Goldflag said:

Blitz is an extremely dumbed down version of standard PC WoT with worse graphics, less content, shitter players, and considerably worse control of gameplay. It's possible that Blitz might have more players than PC, but that does not mean that will become the platform of choice. A lot of people play CoC and stuff like Crossy Road on mobile devices. So unless Blitz suddenly has more content and appeals to more serious and skilled people than WoT on PC, it will not become the new "World of Tanks".

Oh and the keyword is "Blitz". WoT Blitz is basically intended to be a version of WoT that sacrifices gameplay and complexity to be able to function on a weaker gaming system (mobile)

I understand and agree with all that you have said.

My point is that the growth of the mobile market and the increase in mobile capabilities may at some point in the near future allow the mobile platform to do all and more then the PC or Console can do now. Just look at the current growth of the mobile market. Who's to say where we'll be at in 3-5 years.

I'm still a bit confused about whether this is about PC players' disdain for consoles in general, or whether it's about WoT PC vs Console in particular. If its the latter, I don't see much disdain. Controllers being the main input method is really the only complaint that I see come up, more often than not you'll see PC players pointing out that the console version of WoT is better in some ways and wishing the PC version was like that.

If its about consoles in general, then that's just personal taste. Consoles and PCs are for different crowds who look for different things in their gaming experience, and the fact the two crowds have different mindsets leads to a lot of misunderstanding. There's no real argument to be made here about which is better, it's entirely up to what a person wants from their machine.

1 minute ago, Rexxie said:

There's no real argument to be made here about which is better, it's entirely up to what a person wants from their machine.

It also doesn't account for people like me who have both. :pumpkinfish: 

13 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

I'm still a bit confused about whether this is about PC players' disdain for consoles in general, or whether it's about WoT PC vs Console in particular. If its the latter, I don't see much disdain. Controllers being the main input method is really the only complaint that I see come up, more often than not you'll see PC players pointing out that the console version of WoT is better in some ways and wishing the PC version was like that.

If its about consoles in general, then that's just personal taste. Consoles and PCs are for different crowds who look for different things in their gaming experience, and the fact the two crowds have different mindsets leads to a lot of misunderstanding. There's no real argument to be made here about which is better, it's entirely up to what a person wants from their machine.

The truth is that the game engine used on Xbox/PS4 is far superior to the bullshit we currently have on PC. Exclusive content and features won't even matter if WG would just rebuild PC using a non-ass engine, then we'll be comparing apples to apples.

I cant stand console controls. Never have apart from from the Nintendo. I tolerated N64 cause OMGOMGOMG WWF Raw and GoldenEye. All others controllers fucking blow. Gimme the keyboard and mouse all fucking day

Reasons I haven't played my PS4 in months:

1: Controllers are terrible.

2: I like getting 100+ fps (anything below 60 gives me a headache)

3: Less customization in games (if consoles even get any)

4: I can't stand the average console gamer. Sure, pc gamers are bad as well, but people who believe the human eye can only see up to 25-30 fps (or whatever they say it is) are just stupid. Also they believe consoles are cheaper in the long run.

5: I don't like paying 60$ a year just so I can play online games... Even though I already pay for my internet...

6: Can't play my old games...

7: Less interesting unique games.

8: Consoles just feel less social than PC's.

9: It's a pain in the ass to browse the internet while in game.

10: You can't play competitive games on consoles (which I really enjoy doing)

11: I can hear the fans on my PS4 screeching for air while playing any graphically demanding games.

12: Did I mention the controllers?

These are my personal issues with consoles which come from personal experience. I hate consoles, but I don't hate console gamers (okay... maybe a little).

I would just like to say that my game looks like this

XWQm31i.jpg

and I would still take labtop tanks over ps4 tanks any day of the week

I mean ps4 tanks is way prettier

but

-the controls are fucking ebola

-the pubbies are even worse

-in every single match, there is some shitlord with a mic trying to tell the team what to do

-artillery is even easier to play compared to normal tanks

-I cant play tournies for gold and am instead forced to pay real money if I want shit

-the maps arent updated so sand river is still even worse than normal along with other maps that dont come to mind

-no autoaim + or servercross and I cant cover my tanks in pictures of anime waifu's if I want to :ohnyes:

not having xvm or clan tag sniping is cool but does not compensate

Edited by zapyoug

Consoles vs. PC: It's game dependent. Fighters, skateboard games etc. play better with a controller. Anything that requires me to aim (FPS, WoT), or with complex controls (MMOs) are much better on the PC. I would hate to play mortal combat on my PC. I would hate to play MW2 on my PS4.

But that's just me. And I hate playing on mobile devices, unless its like a puzzle or board game or something.

The game has to be adapted to the system and its restrictions in how we interact with it.

also, I would like to point out: consoles have ONE advantage compared to PC (which is also a disadvantage) you have a controller. while its shit for FPS games and anything that requires many different buttons for controls (I have no idea how people play WT on the PS4, im running out of buttons for the various controls on my keyboard ffs) Controller is better for Racing games (and frankly gamesl like Assassins Creed)

BUT I went and bought a 360 controller for my PC. so there is literally no reason for me to own a console because I can do EVERYTHING a console can do on my PC, and everything a PC can do as well

1 hour ago, Research_Monkey said:

Consoles vs. PC: It's game dependent. Fighters, skateboard games etc. play better with a controller. Anything that requires me to aim (FPS, WoT), or with complex controls (MMOs) are much better on the PC. I would hate to play mortal combat on my PC. I would hate to play MW2 on my PS4.

But that's just me. And I hate playing on mobile devices, unless its like a puzzle or board game or something.

The game has to be adapted to the system and its restrictions in how we interact with it.

But.

One can simply usb a current gen console controller into a PC. You can use pznt control systems while master-racing.

The real difference is two things: casual gaming and exclusives. Consoles are a shitload friendlier if youre just looking to come home from work/skool/whateveritisyoudo and just want to blob on the couch and stress relief or whatever. Other than that, the only reason to get a console is because its the only way to play a title you like.

Consider it this way: A console is really just a PC without most of the PC stuff. It shouldnt be that surprising that most people view PC as the better platform for serious gaming.

PC's are generally better value, more powerful but a bit more exclusive because of price to get a good one and the extra knowledge you need to keep one running.

anyway its mostly taking the piss. Out of the 'PC master race' stereotype as much as it is consoles.

thinking about it, I would say that currently the best advantage a console has is that 5 years down the road, due to every console having exactly the same specs, game developers are able to super fucking hyper optimise games for the console. I mean, look at the 360, if you compared its specs to computers today its a complete potato. yet it can run GTA5. sure the graphics are are compressed quite a lot compared to current gen consoles and PC, but it still fucking runs GTA 5. of course the fact is that it doesn't really matter, because, for example, just before the PS4/Xbox One came out, you would have games for 360, and the difference in graphics between PS3/360 and PC is so astronomical that Master Race users just laugh their assses off

13 hours ago, SpartacusDiablo said:

I'm genuinely curious. There seems to be a bit of disdain for the console by the PC community. I'd like to know why. If you could coherently explain why I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Go ask steam, or https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

You'd be more rip there than here

In general, consoles are under performing game players as opposed to most pcs, most pcs are able to be utilized better and fully to the games potential, especially graphics wise. Unless the game is ported very shittily, like idk, several of the batman games, I mean that's not really our fault =p

Also some games, like wot pc vs wot blitz, are just dumbed down versions mis sing many features of the pc version 

Graphics games more utility etc etc

There's a lot of reasons why pc > console, but I just woke up and have class soo.... 

I will never ever understand the disdain for controllers, I can do more things faster on a controller than I ever could with a KB/M. 

Then again, I actually have many years of experience with both controllers plus KB/M and generally prefer the controller feel to the clumsy as shit feel of a keyboard. 

WoT is a really weird example, and is completely down to WG actually being the development team behind the PC version, whereas they are not the ones making console, or WoWS. The engine used on PC was tired and shitty in CBT...it's hilariously retarded to still be on it now. So despite its problems, console does in fact not only look but play much better. Yay for Eastern European software development......

That said, PC vs Console is one of those topics that creates an argument for one reason: all the really loud, ignorant, stupid fucks that somehow got the impression they matter are just as loud and stupid in this argument as they are anywhere else, like religion and politics. There is an underlying issue that actual intelligent PC gamers legitimately have with consoles: consoles make PC gaming measurably worse in the current market. The obvious example is Arkham Knight, but that's more an example of a lazy and stupid publisher forcing an incompetent dev team to do something they don't know how to do in a ludicrously short amount of time. It highlights the problem though, and the problem is that the big, pretty titles that everyone wants, the ones that introduce new graphics or physics technology, that (should be made to) push current hardware to the limits now have to make insane concessions to run on consoles as well. And not just boot up and run, but look good. The SS posted above of someones potato WoT settings; can you imagine the complete meltdown the entire gaming industry would be faced with if Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 was developed in such a way that that's what it looked like on console? Witcher 3 did a magnificent job of hiding the lobotomy it underwent to run on consoles, but Fallout 4 is actually a mess on PC. Try unlocking the FPS limit and see what happens when it goes over 60FPS. The physics engine face plants, because to make sure it took a tiny amount processing power to work properly on consoles, it's directly tied to your frame rate. I also can't help but suspect it would have had some sort of support for 21:9 if it was a PC exclusive. Witcher 3 had its graphics dumbed down a bit but they hid it admirably. And those are the two biggest titles of this past year. For the almost two decades now that consoles and PC's have shared the same hardware configurations, how many great titles have been shit on to run on console? How much has the evolution of graphics and physic development been retarded to make sure it all still runs on the 6+ year old PC gaming hardware refuse that consoles are cobbled together from? This is why PC vs Console started in the first place, and this is what reasonable people are actually upset about. The rest of it is just the annoying fanboy noise you get in any polarizing discussion.

1 hour ago, Solono said:

I will never ever understand the disdain for controllers, I can do more things faster on a controller than I ever could with a KB/M. 

Then again, I actually have many years of experience with both controllers plus KB/M and generally prefer the controller feel to the clumsy as shit feel of a keyboard. 

Agreed, I've been playing comp games since the GameCube with Super Smash to Xbox Halo so I've mastered controller precision and mastering WoT on console was a breeze.

19 hours ago, SpartacusDiablo said:

I'm genuinely curious. There seems to be a bit of disdain for the console by the PC community. I'd like to know why. If you could coherently explain why I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Are we talking about WoT specifically or just in general?

If it's just WoT, then the disdain is because WoT on XBone/PS4 is the version we should have on PC :-)

If you mean in general, well, that's trickier. I think historically the divide between PC and Console has been that certain really good games have been console exclusive so despite the fact that PC hardware has always been stronger (Because when you can throw 2, 3 or even 5 times as much money at the problem you will get a better machine) certain games have been denied to us for reasons that are, basically, just economic bullshit. For example, I'd love to play Uncharted but it's PS3/4 exclusive because Naughty Dog are Sony's pet slave developer so it won't happen. Same goes for The Last of Us, The Last Guardian and who knows how many other games. The natural reaction to this is a dislike of consoles because it feels like they're robbing us of games.

Recently, though, this has begun to change I think. The XBone and PS4 are basically built from tweaked PC hardware and I think this has made it easier for developers to do multi-platform games. Combine this with the fact that online stores like Steam and GoG and financial power-house games like WoT, DotA2 and LoL are demonstrating that the PC is in incredibly economically viable platform to target. Slowly, but surely, I think the barriers between PC and console games are disappearing...