SpartacusDiablo

Why the console hate?

For me it's a choice of nessesity. I have a laptop that has a dedicated graphics card. WoT PC doesn't support my GPU (at all It would seem) and so WoT PC runs like shit. 

World of Warships 1080p everything on low : 60fps constant

Armoured Warfare 1080p Everything on Low : 60fps constant

War thunder 1080p everything at mid-high : 60fps constant

World of tanks 720p Everything else on the lowest possible setting : 20 fps and looks like garbage. Congrats on the dogshit optimization and support guys.

Thus, console is a necessity. Game runs smoothly and doesn't look like it was shat out by a dog. Plus I don't actually mind playing the game with a controller. 

On January 28, 2016 at 5:04 AM, Assassin7 said:

Something something controller for racing

depends. If you're playing racing sim then controllers are terrible. It's G27 master race. Or if you want a really good budget option it's all about the thrustmaster T150. I have both- one for PC and one for PS4 (PS doesn't support G27).

Anyway, one advantage for owning a console is the sports games- if you're into that sort of thing. No MLB the Show on PC or NHL (that series has taken a dump tho TBH).

3 hours ago, Chiefofops said:

depends. If you're playing racing sim then controllers are terrible. It's G27 master race. Or if you want a really good budget option it's all about the thrustmaster T150. I have both- one for PC and one for PS4 (PS doesn't support G27).

Anyway, one advantage for owning a console is the sports games- if you're into that sort of thing. No MLB the Show on PC or NHL (that series has taken a dump tho TBH).

Wheels are expensive though, so if your just playing racing games then a controller is better then a mouse/keyboard.

The thing about controllers is that they do almost every type of game adequately.  They might not be the best control interface for any given type of game, but they do everything except RTS well enough.

I've worked on both the PC and the Console titles; I think it's a matter of personal preference, but as far as games go, they're both solid, for different reasons.  As a gamer I see pros for both platforms.

Also check out this cute cat.

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Solono said:

Go to bed, you're forum-ing too late :fish: 

Although I suppose you're free to tell me what to do, I probably won't listen.  Check out this cute cat again!

giphy.gif

Different games. If i'm looking for a game like Darksouls i must play on a controller. But if i'm playing CS I need a mouse/keyboard because No fucking way i can flick to people with a controller.

No need to be hatin on the console, they do some games better than PC, especially sports games as someone else mentioned, FIFA/NHL/NBA/Madden etc but more often than not it's PC master race, especially with the MMO and FPS type games that are popular these days.

But, sometimes it's nice to kick back on the couch or a beanbag and play something casually, some of my best gaming experiences have been playing multi player games on a console with real live people sitting next to you. Online gaming with Teamspeak etc comes close, but having a few drinks with mates and playing console games beats it every time imo.

On 3/3/2016 at 2:50 PM, Cronk said:

No need to be hatin on the console, they do some games better than PC, especially sports games as someone else mentioned, FIFA/NHL/NBA/Madden etc but more often than not it's PC master race, especially with the MMO and FPS type games that are popular these days.

But, sometimes it's nice to kick back on the couch or a beanbag and play something casually, some of my best gaming experiences have been playing multi player games on a console with real live people sitting next to you. Online gaming with Teamspeak etc comes close, but having a few drinks with mates and playing console games beats it every time imo.

TFW most major console devs are removing local multiplayer though.

Spent my childhood splitscreening PS1/2 and XBox games with the boys, now half the game boxes I see these days dont even support two player local. 

Also, sports games are almost universally shit. 

10 hours ago, karl0ssus1 said:

TFW most major console devs are removing local multiplayer though.

Spent my childhood splitscreening PS1/2 and XBox games with the boys, now half the game boxes I see these days dont even support two player local. 

Also, sports games are almost universally shit. 

There's still some good local co op games, not as many as there used to be though. My 2 oldest kids play together a lot, Littlebigplanet, DIablo 3, Magicka 2, Rayman series, Ratchet and Clank series, Minecraft, numerous lego games that are out etc. But not much for adults these days I guess, when I was in the army I had an N64 and quite a few nights were spent on 4 player split screen Mario Karting or Golden eye deathmatches, kids these days would scoff at the idea of 4 way split screen on a 51cm CRD but fuck me if it still wasn't some of the best gaming fun I've had.

Sports games are a matter of opinion, I don't care for most but have lost a few weeks at a time to games like FIFA in the past.

I'm reading over this and I can't help but realize. The real peasants are the people who use KB/M or controllers for Racing games. I mean atleast get a shitty wheel..... driving with a wheel is x1000 better.