He's at it again:

Be honest who wasn't slightly influenced by Jingles and his poor opinion of the M3 Lee? He even made a contest out of it, inadvertently showing how well some people actually can do in it.

Personally, I did enjoy the Lee. But that was back in 2014, and it still was quite decent then, and I suppose even now. Learning to not put the Lee in disadvantageous positions that just highlights its weakness is what causes all the rage by the scrubs. I sort of had a deja vu with it when the British tanks were introduced, and with it the M3 Grant. Which was just fine and I had fun using it, especially since there was a major difference with my skill levels then and now.

Also noticed there was no thread that I could find about the Lee here. Fixed!

People can do well with the IS with the 100mm but objectively speaking, the Tiger 1 is better for that particular playstyle.

In this case: Su-85B > Lee

The Lee is relatively good for tier 4, not truly exceptional, such as the 85b, but it struggles with the sudden power leaps from 4-5 and 5-6. Given that the gun is the same in effect as the Sherman's stock gun, which struggles so much against tier 5s, and it basically worthless to 6s.

33 minutes ago, Nekommando said:

SAu-40 at least gets derp gun to onehit baby seals.

I think we're avoiding the crux of the matter: Lee or SAu, which one bags looks less appealing?

1 hour ago, Sabrechien said:

I think we're avoiding the crux of the matter: Lee or SAu, which one bags looks less appealing?

Neither, it's the interior ergonomics and how kindly these tanks raise your crew that matters the most.

With that addressed, the least attractive tank would be the T-22sr.

2 hours ago, Casas5591 said:

Neither, it's the interior ergonomics and how kindly these tanks raise your crew that matters the most.

With that addressed, the least attractive tank would be the T-22sr.

I'm sure that the SAu raises tankers with all the grace of a callous brute. Personal testimony. It may be a case for crew protection services (CPS) to handle.

Regarding your pick for ugliest tonk, the T-22sr is many things, but aesthetically repulsive it ain't, relative to other contenders. I counter with the KV-5, both unattractive and lethal for certain, marginalized personnel.

SU-101. During testing driver almost gets cooked by the engine, in addition to being cramped in space smaller than that on the T-54. Aint sunshine and rainbows for those in the casemate either: The fucking thing is too small and too uncomfortable. No wonder Russians later came up with the 416 for the "light tank/ assault gun" concept. And 416 was surprisingly comfy (watch The_Chieftain's inside the 416 episode). 

4 minutes ago, Nekommando said:

SU-101. During testing driver almost gets cooked by the engine, in addition to being cramped in space smaller than that on the T-54. Aint sunshine and rainbows for those in the casemate either: The fucking thing is too small and too uncomfortable. No wonder Russians later came up with the 416 for the "light tank/ assault gun" concept. And 416 was surprisingly comfy (watch The_Chieftain's inside the 416 episode). 

SU-101 is bad IRL, WG got something right for once.

Hetzer would be a fine contender for clunky ergonomics too, considering its loading configuration.

On 05/02/2016 at 7:37 PM, Sabrechien said:

SU-101 is bad IRL, WG got something right for once.

Hetzer would be a fine contender for clunky ergonomics too, considering its loading configuration.

I think it's 416's wider hull width combined with larger turret radius and low ride height allowed it to get reasonable room, the DG engine only produces 400HP, it is relatively tiny. Not having sloped hull, 416 should be one of the roomy prototypes that he went in. IMO It is good for 416 to be a prototype only, that ride height is probably going to be problematic.

Derailed lot, M3

Apart from having 7 ppl toasting marshmallow,
one thing that I don't like it is the 75mm mounted way too low. I don't go frontal because I have an antenna but even when I improvised myself being TD, the gun is too close to the ground to let me aim over small ridges

On 08/06/2016 at 8:03 PM, wevilc said:

The M3 Lee is awesome in the blitz version of the game at any rate.

you dont see ois in blitz. and your hp is enough that equal tier derp guns can't one shot you in blitz. ive played it in blitz, and it was pretty good. however, in pc, i think its dpm is only really all it has going for it.