Hi guys,

After getting hit by my own arty while I was capping yesterday (complete scumbag, did it because I 'failed' to protect his arty platoon mate) and seeing this cancerous game where a friendly arty tries to TK Orzanel for the last 1/3 of the game.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK6uKGa6-F0

I was wondering what the rules are for getting banned, this is what I think happens but I'm getting the feeling I'm wrong, can someone correct me?

In a proper tank

1) Shooting someone multiple times (outside of the cap circle) results in turning blue, then one more shot results in a ban. 

2) Shooting someone inside the cap circle once turns you blue, if you kill them or hit them once more it results in a ban.

In a scumbag clickbot RNG praying shitlord SPG

1) Shit on Hit anyone on your team as many times as you like outside the cap circle and nothing happens 

2) Hit someone inside the cap circle multiple times, turn blue?   

TL:DR - Are arty exempt from TK punishments?

I don't know the facts but i can imagine that WG expects an arty to splash the own team in close combat and thus it is more likely to happen than not cancer tanks hitting each other.

22 minutes ago, MonoPanda said:

I don't know the facts but i can imagine that WG expects an arty to splash the own team in close combat and thus it is more likely to happen than not cancer tanks hitting each other.

If this is true (although we may never know for sure), I'd cry....

Arty is broken enough, they should not receive special treatment, if anything, it should be harsher because the player decided to take the shot while risking their allies' lives. 

Just my two cents. If somehow I misspelled or grammar is off, sorry, just woke up.

1 hour ago, ollyole said:

Hi guys,

After getting hit by my own arty while I was capping yesterday (complete scumbag, did it because I 'failed' to protect his arty platoon mate) and seeing this cancerous game where a friendly arty tries to TK Orzanel for the last 1/3 of the game.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK6uKGa6-F0

I was wondering what the rules are for getting banned, this is what I think happens but I'm getting the feeling I'm wrong, can someone correct me?

In a proper tank

1) Shooting someone multiple times (outside of the cap circle) results in turning blue, then one more shot results in a ban. 

2) Shooting someone inside the cap circle once turns you blue, if you kill them or hit them once more it results in a ban.

In a scumbag clickbot RNG praying shitlord SPG

1) Shit on Hit anyone on your team as many times as you like outside the cap circle and nothing happens 

2) Hit someone inside the cap circle multiple times, turn blue?   

TL:DR - Are arty exempt from TK punishments?

Orzanel uses arty. Orzanel gets hit by arty. No harm is done. 

I think arty is an exception, yes.

I got TK'ed by arty in my Centurion AX from 1600 HP and he did not even turn blue. Couple of games later an FV304 shot an ally IS-3 couple of times, resuting in setting him on fire and causing over 1k damage and still not turning blue.

21 minutes ago, Dodge94HUN said:

I think arty is an exception, yes.

I got TK'ed by arty in my Centurion AX from 1600 HP and he did not even turn blue. Couple of games later an FV304 shot an ally IS-3 couple of times, resuting in setting him on fire and causing over 1k damage and still not turning blue.

Sigh similar to my experiences, I understand that you might have to have slightly different rules, as they have splash damage and there are situations like an enemy behind a turretless TD where team damage is fairly likely but surely they must have put something in like 'team damage if the nearest enemy is more than 10metres away' otherwise arty can TK at will every game and not get banned :/

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

Orzanel uses arty. Orzanel gets hit by arty. No harm is done. 

The difference between Orzy and some random pubbie playing arty is that Orzy is doing it sarcastically to make fun of how retarded it is, while the pubbie believes there's nothing wrong with it and attempts to justify how shitting on other tanks from across the map behind cover is a good mechanic.

2 hours ago, Reppic27 said:

If this is true (although we may never know for sure), I'd cry....

Arty is broken enough, they should not receive special treatment, if anything, it should be harsher because the player decided to take the shot while risking their allies' lives. 

Just my two cents. If somehow I misspelled or grammar is off, sorry, just woke up.

o7

3 minutes ago, Flaksmith said:

The difference between Orzy and some random pubbie playing arty is that Orzy is doing it sarcastically to make fun of how retarded it is, while the pubbie believes there's nothing wrong with it and attempts to justify how shitting on other tanks from across the map behind cover is a good mechanic.

K

The real difference between Orzy/Circon or any good player playing arty versus a total shitlord playing arty is that Orzy/Circon/good players in general can and will do well in tanks while the majority of your usual arty player, who oneshots your Bat speeding down the hill at 70 kph while zigzagging, will suck in tanks and will have a major advantage with arties since he can't throw his HP in the first couple of minutes.

A HE shell into them with high enough alpha usually does the trick without turning blue, as long as you do loads of dmg after(as usual), you can TK even more in the following battles. I used to do that a lot, never got banned for TKing.