Nelson2011

Tom Clancy's The Division

Played in the DZ this morning with some guys I randomly met there. First encounter with them I accidentally went rogue and they killed me but we smoothed things out after that and killed some stuff together.

It seems like the loot sharing system works the same way in the DZ as it does outside which is a little strange as it reduces the incentive to go rogue as you don't need to compete for loot.

Overall, pretty fun though. Didn't bag anything special but did get some stuff to sell on.

6 hours ago, concep said:

But the question still stands. Why do people have such low DPS/HP for their levels? I'm taking my sweet time getting to Rank 30.

While leveling I had periods where my gear was lacking. For me it just wasn't efficient to spend a lot of time trying to get better gear for the level i was on, since leveling is so fast and the content was very easy anyway. I didn't spend a lot of time in DZ before 30 because I knew I would spend so much time in there at 30 grinding named bosses for gear that I would get sick of it. What I want to do in this game happens at 30, so taking more time to get there was not an option. 

17 hours ago, ninz said:

While leveling I had periods where my gear was lacking. For me it just wasn't efficient to spend a lot of time trying to get better gear for the level i was on, since leveling is so fast and the content was very easy anyway. I didn't spend a lot of time in DZ before 30 because I knew I would spend so much time in there at 30 grinding named bosses for gear that I would get sick of it. What I want to do in this game happens at 30, so taking more time to get there was not an option. 

I took the opposite approach.

The video that most of us have probably seen if that guy who went 3 on 1 at point blank with some russian 13 year olds in the beta influenced me a fair bit. i've spent time making sure im as overpowered as humanely possible for each level I am at because I want to be able to beat absolutely every threat I may come up against at every level with no problem, which so far has been working out for me. I can compete with enemies up to around 3 levels above me pretty comfortably,  i was lvl 10 doing a lvl 13 mission with a friend on hard and cleaning out enemies just as fast as he was. 

Its especially useful when soloing in the DZ, at level 17 i got jumped by a lvl 19 rouge, and then managed to surpress him and cause him to retreat because He actually couldn't beat me and lost half his health every time he poked. 

It's a pity the missions aren't more challenging in Normal mode and it also feels like the XP rewards for Side Missions are way to high. Right now I have a whole lot of Side Missions in the eastern districts I'm just not doing because I don't want to hit the recommended level for the last two or three story missions in order to have them be a bit more of a challenge.

Damnit Ubi, what have you done. I grindy game in which I actually want to not grind in order to get more of a challenge!

Hnngh, staaahp, I'm at the last day of a coarse for work, 5 days away from The Division, and I desperately wanna plaaaaaaaaaaaay! Been coming to this topic daily to soak up info and trying to satisfy my yearning heart. But tonight. Tonight bitches. It's fucking on.

Nice! Just missing the Purple pom pom beanie! What talents does your sniper have?

Did the Lincoln tunnel challenge mode yesterday, this has to be by far the simplest one. No hard pulls, long range engagements, lots of flanking opportunities. Too bad you have to sit and wait for NPC's or it would be super-fast. 

1 hour ago, MissNurkie said:

Hnngh, staaahp, I'm at the last day of a coarse for work, 5 days away from The Division, and I desperately wanna plaaaaaaaaaaaay! Been coming to this topic daily to soak up info and trying to satisfy my yearning heart. But tonight. Tonight bitches. It's fucking on.

Soooooooooooooooon!

35 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, level 26 and I just unlocked the General Assembly mission. Yum :-)

Hmu in-game. I just hit level 29 and I'm probably gonna sit at 29 for a bit.

Played some DZ with concep. Unfortunately my 27/10 character didn't really stand up well in his 30/30 DZ :-)

Still, had some pretty hilarious experiences fighting lvl 32 enemies :-)

2 hours ago, OOPMan said:

Played some DZ with concep. Unfortunately my 27/10 character didn't really stand up well in his 30/30 DZ :-)

Still, had some pretty hilarious experiences fighting lvl 32 enemies :-)

Yeah, we got destroyed.

Heads up! There's a Tactical Vector 45 ACP for sale in The Crypt safehouse today! With a magazine mod that give +mag size and +rate of fire (if you're DZ30 theres one for sale in the W 31st safe house), this is simply amazing for close combat!

What makes just this one even better is the talents it has in shop today: 

• Brutal ( Headshot damage is increased by x% when using this weapon. )
  • Deadly ( Critical hit damage is increased by x%. )

If you are close to 30 or just dont have the HE Vector yet, this is SOO WORTH!

1 hour ago, ninz said:

Heads up! There's a Tactical Vector 45 ACP for sale in The Crypt safehouse today! With a magazine mod that give +mag size and +rate of fire (if you're DZ30 theres one for sale in the W 31st safe house), this is simply amazing for close combat!

What makes just this one even better is the talents it has in shop today: 

• Brutal ( Headshot damage is increased by x% when using this weapon. )
  • Deadly ( Critical hit damage is increased by x%. )

If you are close to 30 or just dont have the HE Vector yet, this is SOO WORTH!

Nice! How many hours will it be on sale for? I just got in to work, so I'll be another 8 or so hours before I can make a go for it. Also, how much does it cost?

15 minutes ago, ninz said:

Reset is 5pm US central and it costs 56k credits.

Okay, sweet. I think I may be able to nab it. Assuming it's any good that is ;-)

8 hours ago, ninz said:

Reset is 5pm US central and it costs 56k credits.

ZzBsRgG.jpg

I lucked out. It cost 48.9k and I had just enough money after selling a lone leftover item in my inventory (A pair of purple knee-pads marginally better than the ones I'm wearing). Secondary DPS justed jumped from 33k to 41.5k :-)

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Kolni said:

I feel like I'm missing out not playing this game :feelsbad: 

Birthday coming up soon though, might just buy this for myself :awyeah: 

You really should, it's lots of fun even if you just use MM to group up with randoms to do the missions. To me this feels like the next evolution of Borderlands (Keep in mind I don't console and hence haven't played Destiny). Cleaner design, more interesting gameplay and less grindy.