Nelson2011

Tom Clancy's The Division

For those of you grinding Bullet King for easy purples, phoenix points and Caduceus, Ubi is already working to fix it

If you didnt know about this "exploit" yet, there is still time to farm :)

8 hours ago, Kitten said:

So the first person just hit the DZ level cap. Wow.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-divisions-level-cap-has-already-been-hit/

This boy ... Has to be a virgin. :P Honestly though, that's some real dedication right there. Although it's gonna be a boring couple of weeks for him while waiting to get a new update. 

I have sooo much more content, can't wait to get into the groove again :D

Finally reached level 30 :-)

06pJPUb.jpg

My character is still pretty ass but he's improving slowly. Secondary DPS with the Vector is 52k,  nice for then enemies get close.

Have to say, M60 is definitely the best LMG imho. It's the slowest to reload but is much more accurate and stable than the M249 and Mk46. Those two reload a tiny bit faster but are extremely hard to control. The LSW and RPK, of course, reload fastest. but their clip size and range are pretty weak-sauce so I'm not too keen on them.

Nice job, OOP. I reached a milestone too. I finally passed 100k DPS by getting a Caduceus. I also have the Pakhan mainly for suppressing enemies while friendlies move up. 

Mag > belt fed

Spoiler

zqVT4XL.png

0U7D1Sz.png

ALfI6O7.png

@concep Yeah, the LMGs definitely don't put out as much damage. If they did they'd be totally OP though so I'm pretty happy. Was playing in the DZ just now and I definitely appreciate having the SMG for when mobs rush you or spawn too close. Oh, I managed to bump my health up to about 65k :-)

I just had my first real experience with Asshole rouges in the DZ.

Im level 19, I found a pretty nice AR with better stats than my primary, called an extraction. it was half done when this level 15 and a lvl 18 with an open mic walk up. suddenly a grenade is on me, I jump out the way, the level 15 just went rouge, I was in the open with no cover, but I downed him, the other guy was also rouge without shooting me, so they were in a party. I found some really shitty cover, and managed to take him to half health when he killed me. if the level 15 hadn't caught me in the open from behind I would of managed to kill them both. the level 18 guy then started talking shit, probably on skype or something not knowing he has an open mic. unfortunately I had only downed the lvl 15, not killed him, so he got revived, they took my loot, including my AR, and extracted it on the extraction I called. ugh.

I respawned, got back there, they were still rouge. I surprised them, took out the lvl 15 in literally 1  headshot from my DMR lol. downed him with the next, the level 18 bailed, I nearly killed him but there was a whole bunch of shit in the way. he came back around, but wasn't rouge at that point. because he was a fucking faggot I killed him anyway, he went down in 3 shots. neither of them had any loot, since they had just extracted it. but I was then rouge. so I bailed. but because the map puts a nice big marker on the map for rouge players, they followed me. I out DPS'd them majorly, but they caught me from 2 sides both times. I downed the level 18 but the level 15 killed me, I don't even know where he shot me from because I saw the level 18 first and focused him. but I was open to the guy unfortunately. 

so he killed me, revived his buddy, and then because the guy is retarded he started shit talking again with his open mic laughing and trying to teabag me.

like, if they were both on one side of me they would never have won, even the second time if I knew where the level 15 guy was he would of died as well. neither of them could of beaten me in a fair fight, but what really got to me was the shit talk. the fact that they randomly came into the extraction and just killed me like that for no reason is retarded.

frankly, I think a rouge agent shouldn't have the icon show up on the minimap, it means you can just chase them down. after I respawned a second time I Found someone else who was rouge, and instead of killing him I asked if the guy he killed was the guy who killed me, and he said yes. so yeah, Assholes. 

@Assassin7 Yeah, I had a weird experience with some guys last night as well. They let me extract my shit then killed me. It was kinda weird. They did this multiple times.

result of a couple hours looting in the DZ (after those assholes left)

48MNCYl.jpg

it was at 20500 DPS, but I traded it for an extra 4K health, aforementioned assholes killed me too fast for my liking.

A6iFr8F.jpg

Buffed my stamina nicely and picked up a really nice Extended Magazine mod that buffs the RoF on my M60 from 500 to 660 which is very nice. Just spent the better part of 2 and half hours playing the Lincoln Checkpoint mission on challenging with some random guys. Too fucking challenging for me.

13 minutes ago, koel76 said:

Just downloaded this game, interesting....not sure what I'm supposed to be doing though. Internet spaceships is a lot easier.

You've played Borderlands right? Run around, do missions, kill shit, loot, Go to start.

Hmm yeah LMG's are slightly useless for challenging missions, you need a good AR/SMG/DMR with around 80k DPS at least. Over 100k DPS is way favorable, but don't give up too much HP try to stay around 60k.

4 minutes ago, Nelson2011 said:

Hmm yeah LMG's are slightly useless for challenging missions, you need a good AR/SMG/DMR with around 80k DPS at least. Over 100k DPS is way favorable, but don't give up too much HP try to stay around 60k.

Actually, I didn't have trouble doing damage. Plenty of damage got done. As @Shade421 mentioned earlier, LMGs are very nice for nailing endless headshots in rapid succession due to the stability and huge magazine capacity.

Honestly, I just didn't find the Challenging mode very interesting. In fact, it's extremely dull imho. The Normal and Hard missions have a certain cadence to them as you gradually work through tougher and tougher groups of enemies using flanking movements and so forth to shred tougher  enemies.

In Challenging, EVERY enemy is gold and takes ages to kill. As far as ways to deliver a difficult experience yet rewarding experience go, Challenging mode is just an abject failure. Forget about flanking or anything like that, the enemies take so long to kill that you just get caught and smashed if you try to flank. You've gone from playing The Division to playing a standard corridor shooter.

It's just not very well thought out, much like the boss fights in a lot of shooters. The go to method of providing difficulty seems to have withered on the stalk at "Just give them shitpiles of HP and be done with it". They could have tried something like improved enemy AI on Challenging. Or different avenues of attack for the enemies. There are probably all kinds of interesting things they could have done, instead they just went with the same tired bullshit almost every game does on higher difficulty levels.

I'll probably avoid playing Challenging. The rewards are nice but not nice enough to counteract the tedium:

1. Take cover
  2. Fire until you've exhausted all your ammo
  3. Run back to ammo crate
  4. Go to 1

Eh it's more like CC all of them then point Vector at head and watch them melt to the ground :^). With a good group you can run through Lexington Event Center in around 15-20 minutes on Challenging :D. Just make sure to save your phoenix credits for the Vector Blueprint in the Special Vendor in the tech wing!!

10 minutes ago, Nelson2011 said:

Eh it's more like CC all of them then point Vector at head and watch them melt to the ground :^). With a good group you can run through Lexington Event Center in around 15-20 minutes on Challenging :D. Just make sure to save your phoenix credits for the Vector Blueprint in the Special Vendor in the tech wing!!

Meh. I just don't think it's a very interesting mode because it pretty much throws the balance and strategy components out the window.

I'm sure with addition of more gear and so forth to improve my DPS I'll be able to handle it, I just don't think I'll ever find it to be interesting to play when it punishes you for behaviour that works well in every other part of the game.

I really enjoy the cover-shooter aspects of this game and hence playing a game mode where the optimal solution is to kite enemies back to single-entry choke-points in order to grind them down is not particularly interesting in my books.

Named NPCs will no longer respawn after being killed in the Open World. This will prevent situations where players were able to kill a same named NPC over and over again.

RIP in peace Bullet King. You will be missed.