Nelson2011

Tom Clancy's The Division

@Nelson2011 I noticed the DZ30 requirement a while ago, the first time I went into the DZ at around level 15. 

@Assassin7 What level were you when you went into the DZ for the first time and got that purple AK you keen raving about? I think maybe sometime after that you hit the point where DZ30 is required rather than whatever level you were at before...

1 hour ago, Shade421 said:

Day 12 of Derps tries2Division: Game still 30FPS or epilepsy inducing. Will check back in week 3.

:-/

the AK was actually blue, I got it at level 10. but since I hit the level 15-19 player bracket everything is DZ30.

I do now have a purple AK though lol.

Ugh. Getting griefed in the DZ. Funny the first three times, then not so much so. These guys pretty much chased everyone across the map from extraction point to extraction point. I don't know why they even bothered with me, it's not like I ever find good loot.

They did steal the only High-End item I've found in the DZ. Wait for it. A under-barrel mount, and not even a particularly amazing one. Ugh.

I really hate the Dark Zone, nothing good ever comes from going in there, seriously. The last time we got spawn-camped and they used every skill possible and just wrecked us every time we tried to go back for our good loot. At some point it just stops being entertaining and any kind of challenge, it's just annoying and the opposite of fun. I have a lot more fun roaming the streets and finding bosses, looting, helping civillians and locating all the drones/phone calls/missing agents and whatnot.

I never seen a good drop in the DZ. The vendor have pure shit for sale, you lose more than you win and now everyone is rouge because there isn't much to lose. Going solo is hopeless, and I don't always wanna run in a 4-man group just so I don't get fucked over by another rouge 4-man group. Le Sigh. The really sad part is that I am desperate for some Phoenix credits, actually need almost 100 of them, so I guess I kind of have to go there. :cri:

@MissNurkie Feel free to invite me if you need some DZ support. At the very least I can die while you run for cover :-)

I just had a great session in the DZ. A random dude invited me to his group and we went on a nice tour that filled my stash. At one point myself and this other guy were lagging and then a rogue killed him. I managed to get cover to scare the rogue off for a bit and when my groupmate respawned we went off and hunted the rogue down and killed him. He tried to escape but my 173 round magazine made it a bit hard for him to get away :-)

The group also had a bit of a frackas in the sewers at one spot because another pair of guys were trying to work with us but at one point we accidentally went rogue on them.

I haven't gotten any really good drops in this entire game :-/

I enjoy the feeling of roaming the DZ solo. It feels pretty tense, unlike the rest of the PvE area. It does suck when a group of uber-geared people go on the rampage but such is PvP life...

had my first 1v1 duel yesterday. chased some rogue from dz03 to dz06 and finally caught him running down the alley i was in. activated my scan, popped explosive rounds and vomited vector rounds in his face. i somehow managed to only drop him to half health and i then activated my defensive signature and reloaded. i must have fired 2 magazines before he finally activated his own defensive signature and i ran away behind cover. the fight was kind of awkward, it was just both of us dancing in circles around a tree hip firing vectors. i thought i had the upper hand but he just managed to persist longer than i did as he had a vector and a shotgun against my own vector and marksman rifle.

i think i had the wrong scanner mod equipped and i probably should have used incendiary instead of explosive. i forgot to use any grenades and i didnt even use any of my consumables. i'll probably end up switching some of my gear around too. i think if i shift more towards firearms i should be able to get the jump on people better.

4 hours ago, MissNurkie said:

I really hate the Dark Zone, nothing good ever comes from going in there, seriously. The last time we got spawn-camped and they used every skill possible and just wrecked us every time we tried to go back for our good loot. At some point it just stops being entertaining and any kind of challenge, it's just annoying and the opposite of fun. I have a lot more fun roaming the streets and finding bosses, looting, helping civillians and locating all the drones/phone calls/missing agents and whatnot.

I never seen a good drop in the DZ. The vendor have pure shit for sale, you lose more than you win and now everyone is rouge because there isn't much to lose. Going solo is hopeless, and I don't always wanna run in a 4-man group just so I don't get fucked over by another rouge 4-man group. Le Sigh. The really sad part is that I am desperate for some Phoenix credits, actually need almost 100 of them, so I guess I kind of have to go there. :cri:

I usually solo the 2 hard modes for a combined 30 phoenix and lots of mats for crafting. And if the challenge one is lexington we steam through that a few times. 

Most of the good drops I've had in the DZ are gear and mods and not actual weapons, 

Problem I have now is, im at the sort of limit where I have the absolute best blue shit I can find, so almost all blue drops in the DZ are no better than what I have unfortunately. Im waiting for somethimg purple to drop now.

5 hours ago, OOPMan said:

@MissNurkie Feel free to invite me if you need some DZ support. At the very least I can die while you run for cover :-)

Will do. Considered it today, but I didn't want to bug you in case you wanted to run solo :P

2 hours ago, ninz said:

I usually solo the 2 hard modes for a combined 30 phoenix and lots of mats for crafting. And if the challenge one is lexington we steam through that a few times. 

So much work though, can't be arsed :P 

I had like 180 phoenix credits from padding Bullett King, but then there was some bug when I was gonna guy the blueprint for the Vector, aaaaaand I managed to fuck up and buy the wrong blueprint :cri:

Yay! I finally hit DZ30. Now I can actually use the damned DZ vendors. Assuming they ever give anything decent. Had a few close calls with PK gangs. In one case, ran into an Extraction they were at and nabbed some purple loot then ran away quickly. Managed to survive by dropping a flame turret on the run and running for my life :-)

Just as I finished up my sesh I was waiting for the combat timer thing to cooldown so I could exit the DZ and two guys came up behind me and killed me. Except it was right by the checkpoint so I re-spawned, rushed back out and kill two of them in return before being knocked off :-)

3 hours ago, ninz said:

Ugh, getting phoenix creds is way too annoying. It doesn't help that 3/4 of the story missions are shite and I don't want to play them again.

5 hours ago, Aquavolt said:

-snip-

Game is basically like D3 at endgame. I've been looking into what to stack weapon wise and the SMG's are just to good to give up. (increased crit chance). Almost want to see if a pure crit chance+crit damage with a decent lifesteal would work in this game (I used to run a Skorn bell monk pre ROS). As long as you have the hp to not get isntawrecked when you make a mistake it should work.

19 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

Game is basically like D3 at endgame. I've been looking into what to stack weapon wise and the SMG's are just to good to give up. (increased crit chance). Almost want to see if a pure crit chance+crit damage with a decent lifesteal would work in this game (I used to run a Skorn bell monk pre ROS). As long as you have the hp to not get isntawrecked when you make a mistake it should work.

no the endgame is very much like D3, which is why people are upset that the drop rate on high end gear is so low because not only do you have to fight against drop rate RNG, but you have to fight against the stats that come with it RNG which is all D3 is about.

the lifesteal build is interesting, obviously you'd have to craft a shitton of SMG's to get the talent in the first place, but going full crit chance glass cannon with enough health to not get 1 shot sounds pretty good.

3 minutes ago, Aquavolt said:

-snip-

Just thinking of the old lifesteal builds of like, WW barbs or bell monks in hardcore that were built to survive really stupid positions by having high dmg +6-12% Lifesteal (dependent on weapon). In The Division crit chance seems to hardcap at 60% but thats high enough.

As to the crafting thing, brb crafting 500 more shoulders because i wanted +70 res all with good dex+vit. But i think all level 30 smgs get +critchance guarenteed, just need one that has 25%+.

Spent a few hours in the Dark Zone today with a 4-man group, we were in the top level DZ fighting bosses and shitters all over the place. I extracted about 50/50 purple and blue, and one shitty ass yellow thing that was like half as good as the one I had. I worked my ass off for basically shit I could have gotten by just roaming the streets outside the DZ. Hell, I got a lot better drops at daily missions.

I will try again tomorrow with the whole DZ shiznit and see if I can get something less shit. I would also like to go there just to see a vendor about some blueprints, if there are any good ones at pleb level 30.

7 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

How many pheonix credits is a lot? I've got 30 from the uplay rewards thing, but nowhere to use them lol

Blueprint for a high-end gear costs about 150+ at a minimum. Items from the phoenix vendor tend to cost 30+.

23 minutes ago, Kitten said:

You get rewards for that stuff? Wouldn't have thought lol

Yep, I've already cleared two districts. :D I think you get something more if you get all of the other stuff as well, so I've been working on phone recordings forever, just so darn many of them. :3

9 minutes ago, MissNurkie said:

Yep, I've already cleared two districts. :D I think you get something more if you get all of the other stuff as well, so I've been working on phone recordings forever, just so darn many of them. :3

The ones I had no idea how to do were the downed drones. Canine unit super helpful for all the collectibles! And yeah lots of phone recordings but it really enriches the "experience", they all sound pretty believable given the circumstances :) 

36 minutes ago, Kitten said:

The ones I had no idea how to do were the downed drones. Canine unit super helpful for all the collectibles! And yeah lots of phone recordings but it really enriches the "experience", they all sound pretty believable given the circumstances :) 

You have to shoot the drone to get it to release the black box, then you van watch the video in your base of operations. I enjoy the phone recordings a lot, which is why I can be bothered to go for them. :D