Nelson2011

Tom Clancy's The Division

In Memorium:

Some Random Government Thug (March 2016 -> April 2016)

The psychological toll of killing thousands of faceless citizens got too much.
Also, the grind.

nHRPk9W.jpg

Haven't posted in awhile so here's my build currently.

NbhYDX3.jpg

I have 1 of Striker, 1 Tactician Authority, 1 Nomad and 2 Sentry Call gear. I want to replace my Knee Pads with Striker gear so I can get that damage bonus but I love having 1138 armor on my knee pads. My Nomad gloves give me a good boost to DPS and my Striker mask does as well.

Apparently the set bonuses don't stack?

E.g. If you get 3 pieces of Nomad from having 3 you lose the 100% Scavenging and get the next bonus. 

If it's true, it makes the Set items significantly worse than they should be. Right now many of them are already meh compared to some GS 183 HE items despite being GS 201 or something...

wtf is that green gear?

20 hours ago, OOPMan said:

I admire your dedication to staying below level 30 :-)

I wouldn't push hard. The end-game content is kinda meh right now.

yeah Im just playing around in the DZ, lowering the DZ rank for shit to 15 helped a heap with gearing up. I spent all my DZ credits on shit

Man, I actually had a lot of fun in the DZ yesterday with my 2 friends and random japaneese. Got a full stash of yellow and got three supply drops. 10/10. This other group of shitters ran into our shots to make us rouge so they could kill us, and we ended up just raping them, stealing their shit, ran away and extracted. rip

It was utter shaite on saturday though, ran into a group of 8 rouges running together. Fucking griefers. I had 9 yellow items and was on my way to extract when they saw me. RIP. Got so mad I ragequit, didn't even wait to die before I was off the server.

9 hours ago, concep said:

Haven't posted in awhile so here's my build currently.

NbhYDX3.jpg

I have 1 of Striker, 1 Tactician Authority, 1 Nomad and 2 Sentry Call gear. I want to replace my Knee Pads with Striker gear so I can get that damage bonus but I love having 1138 armor on my knee pads. My Nomad gloves give me a good boost to DPS and my Striker mask does as well.

Can't you just reroll one of the bonuses to get added armor? I did on the green vest, because fuck having 800 armor on green stuff when I have 1150 on your purple stuff. Or do you want to roll another attribute?

New highpoint in playing DZ today: Going rogue in front of a checkpoint, with litterally the whole server shooting at us. Anybody we did managed to kill (which is pretty hard if 10+ guys are shooting you)  spawned in our back, so i gues in front of a respawnpoint is not the best place to get pinned down :doge: Still survived about 10 minutes, ran out of ammo and we ran away. 

Anybody else here still playing? 

6 hours ago, vernl said:

New highpoint in playing DZ today: Going rogue in front of a checkpoint, with litterally the whole server shooting at us. Anybody we did managed to kill (which is pretty hard if 10+ guys are shooting you)  spawned in our back, so i gues in front of a respawnpoint is not the best place to get pinned down :doge: Still survived about 10 minutes, ran out of ammo and we ran away. 

Anybody else here still playing? 

Logged in this morning to try a Seek and Destroy mission. Still bugged to shit. Logged out, guess I'll try again in a month and see if Massive have learned how to write proper code then. 

Honestly, there are so many crybabies throwing their shit out of their pram the sec there is an issue, running to the forums to cry their tits off or goes to slam TD in some comment section/rating. My god, how some ppl lived through WOT I will never know- and it probably cost them a lot more RL money than TD.

There were two open betas, ppl had PLENTY of time to try it out and consider if this was the game for them or not. They didn't release the game with more bugs than on the testing, and whatever bugs/issues that has come along has been fixed. And they've fixed it years faster than WG would. And suggestions are taken into serious consideration and plenty of them has been implemented. It's insanely rare to see cheaters anymore, as they get auto-banned for using those engines. I rarely have any bugs, the only one I have is that sometimes the healing gun fails to go off, but that's once every 20 heal or something. I can count on one hand hand how many times that has seriously affected me in the 319 hours I've played this game. If someone is completely ridden with bugs to the point where they can't play, they should do an integrity check on the game files. My computer isn't amazing, although it ain't bad either, it runs this game just fine with very minimal issues- none of them preventing gameplay.

People cry their tits off because they get rekt in PVP. And since there are so many utter shit ppl, their voices get really loud, as the good players in TD doesn't spend time on the forums to boast or teach, too busy reking face. The community in TD isn't like in tanks. The only similar thing is the crybabies.

In conclusion, if you are pretty shit at games, like in general, don't buy this to go PVP. You'll be sorry. Skill gap might be even more visible than in tanks. Me and a friend kept our ground alone agains 6 other players, while we were on Manhunt, backed into a dead end. People are soooo bad, and they are really butthurt about it too. That in-game voice chat is amazing. Saluting the dead body of a rouge while singing "Ave Maria" in voice chat, doesn't get any better than that.

44682569.jpg

Also, I wasn't talking about anyone here, just triggered by the huge group of fucking pussies that keep affecting ppls opinion with their constant whining.

Maybe it's time i update this game and try it again. :)

Quit after reaching max lvl with ~50 hours played shortly after release. Guess I'll give it another go.

Anyone want to help a shitter get back into TD? :doge: 

3 hours ago, Daezara said:

Maybe it's time i update this game and try it again. :)

Quit after reaching max lvl with ~50 hours played shortly after release. Guess I'll give it another go.

Anyone want to help a shitter get back into TD? :doge: 

I am having a gaming-break at the moment while waiting for one of my regular toonies to get back from work, but you can probably join us for funsies if you get your shit tiogether and get some good green gear :D I'll probably be on tomorrow or one of the following days, just HMU then. My IGN there is MissNurkie

16 hours ago, MissNurki said:

Snip

Fact of the matter is The Division has been a complete shit-show after release.

Massive dropped the ball in a big way with patch 1.1 and then patch 1.2 arrived and was similarly buggy. Shit like peoples characters disappearing, clipping errors, missions not activating and the incredible level of incompetence with regards to client-side hacks do not inspire confidence. I simply don't trust the people developing this game to deliver content that isn't bugged to hell and back.

I don't know about you, but I feel like if I pay good money for something and it's a bugged piece of crap then I have a right to complain. Having to log out of the game completely and login again because shit won't activate usually means I just don't log back in. I have a lot of games in my Steam library, I don't need to waste time trying to massage a cantankerous one into working.

I enjoyed my time with The Division but that time is pretty much done and I'm not going to pretend the game is a worth paying for just because I got 170 hours of amusement out of it. I would not recommend the game to anyone simply on the basis that Massive have proven to be singularly incapable of delivering strong end-game content in a bug-free environment. When your online PvP game is so bugged that people in mainstream media start making jokes about it then your know something stinks.

I have only had one glitch in the time I played - I glitched through a building and was basically inside a buildings model while in the DZ, where i shouldnt have been. I managed to walk through the buildings and then out of the DZ where it put me in a loading screen and respawned me out of the DZ back where I should of been. (because I was in the DZ I couldnt fast travel out of it)

Thats it, really. 

I havent played it in a few weeks, probably should, but its one of those games where playing with friends is way more fun than playing solo, which gets boring. Which is kind of a shame because the only online multiplayer game I have that I really have fun playing solo is battlefield, and maybe war thunder (on a good day when its behaving)

6 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I have only had one glitch in the time I played - I glitched through a building and was basically inside a buildings model while in the DZ, where i shouldnt have been. I managed to walk through the buildings and then out of the DZ where it put me in a loading screen and respawned me out of the DZ back where I should of been. (because I was in the DZ I couldnt fast travel out of it)

Thats it, really. 

I havent played it in a few weeks, probably should, but its one of those games where playing with friends is way more fun than playing solo, which gets boring. Which is kind of a shame because the only online multiplayer game I have that I really have fun playing solo is battlefield, and maybe war thunder (on a good day when its behaving)

I've experienced multiple clipping glitches, the most common being sinking down into the ground and then getting sent to the nearest safe house after about 10 seconds. It tends to happen in the middle of CM missions when the group I'm in can least afford to have someone get teleported 0.5km away.

Other than that, I also spent some time with a group that was actively exploiting the Mobile Cover to glitch through scenery and that was pretty nuts. The level of incompetence required for that kind of thing to be so easy to replicate that people constantly do it in order to short circuit missions is stunning.

The game is, as you say, more fun in a group. Even then, though, it's mostly a lot of missed potential. Considering how big the game world is, it's a shame that once you hit level 30 you will spend the rest of your time only playing in a very small part of that game world. They're trying to fix this with the HVT missions and assignments but they're just not that special. Considering how long this game spent 3 years in development you'd think there would be more actual game. Compared to Far Cry 4, for example, the open world is pretty dead.

yeah they do need to add more random activities and general things to do, because currently like 80% of the entire map is just a way to get somewhere that has a mission or something. same with the DZ, all the enemies spawn in the same places so thats where players go. 

Finally gave the HVT thing a try. It's definitely less annoying than grinding missions in Hard and Challenging for Phoenix Credits and it does put the main part of the city to some better use. The rewards are also mediocre as compared to terrible, so that's a step up.

Lol at the developers saying Clear Sky CM should be really hard,it's still supereasy. Just a shame you can only get the new gearsets, and the hard mode is about 2 times quicker to finnish and gives the same gear level (?).

10 minutes ago, vernl said:

Lol at the developers saying Clear Sky CM should be really hard,it's still supereasy. Just a shame you can only get the new gearsets, and the hard mode is about 2 times quicker to finnish and gives the same gear level (?).

It's so easy compared to Incursion, it's retarded. If you have bad gear score it will be harder ofc, but then you'd have Incursion that would be literally impossible. My group can run through both missions relatively easy, but it's such a drag, much easier to just go DZ and make new "friends". :P

10 hours ago, MissNurki said:

It's so easy compared to Incursion, it's retarded. If you have bad gear score it will be harder ofc, but then you'd have Incursion that would be literally impossible. My group can run through both missions relatively easy, but it's such a drag, much easier to just go DZ and make new "friends". :P

Yep both are ezpz if you have some decent players with you. Best way to get good gear is DZ indeed, especially the supplydrops. When i'm making "friends" i ususally dont get to extract because 10+ people disagree with my looting methods :doge: