Nelson2011

Tom Clancy's The Division

3 hours ago, Aquavolt said:

idk my 970 ran fine in the beta at high settings. in my experience playing games at ultra tends to slash FPS in half while rendering more things than you would even notice.

MY DUAL R390X'S CAN RUN THIS GAME AT 200FPS

YEAH WELL MY QUAD TITANS CAN RUN THE SAME GAME AT 220FPS

:^))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

If you're playing at 1080p, there is no reason to get a 390X. The 970 will work fine and consume less power and is usually cheaper if you don't live in the 1st world northwest hemisphere. If you are playing at 1440p and above, you fool why did you buy a 970?

1 hour ago, Shade421 said:

If you're playing at 1080p, there is no reason to get a 390X. The 970 will work fine and consume less power and is usually cheaper if you don't live in the 1st world northwest hemisphere. If you are playing at 1440p and above, you fool why did you buy a 970?

Pretty much sums it up :-)

Although I gotta say, I was shocked at how much more power the 390 uses compared to the 970. Wowsers.

5 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

frankly I dont care how powerful the 390 is, I love my 970, and since my PC already doubles as a heater, I don't need a more powerful heater.

I'm really going to miss my Nvidia Kernel driver crashes every 7 seconds i load a game :,(

Just now, MungeVolt said:

I'm really going to miss my Nvidia Kernel driver crashes every 7 seconds i load a game :,(

meanwhile last time I had an AMD card the drivers would never install properly and it would randomly BSOD the PC and I could not fix it without buying a non AMD GPU

Just now, Assassin7 said:

meanwhile last time I had an AMD card the drivers would never install properly and it would randomly BSOD the PC and I could not fix it without buying a non AMD GPU

Wellp there's a cold front headed straight for me; good thing I have an additional heater!

3 hours ago, OOPMan said:

Pretty much sums it up :-)

Although I gotta say, I was shocked at how much more power the 390 uses compared to the 970. Wowsers.

It's a refresh of the 290, of course it's going to use a ton of power. I won't insult anyones intelligence by rehashing why it doesn't actually matter in the first world though.

3 hours ago, MungeVolt said:

3 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Build computers for long enough and you'll realize that both of them go through phases of having completely shit drivers. AMD just got their shit together while Nvidia is losing theirs. In a year or two it will swap again. Buying based on drivers is retarded unless you plan on upgrading once a year.

Just now, Shade421 said:

Build computers for long enough and you'll realize that both of them go through phases of having completely shit drivers. AMD just got their shit together while Nvidia is losing theirs. In a year or two it will swap again. Buying based on drivers is retarded unless you plan on upgrading once a year.

I didn't buy based on the drivers, that was my last thought. I bought because I had been desiring a 970 ever since it came out so hard, because a month previously I had seen how powerful they were in a booth at a gaming convention, and because it was a good ~$80 cheaper than the 390. 

also the 390 was slightly longer and the 970 barely fits in my case as it is.

Yea you get weird prices down there in the upside down part of the world. Here and AFAIK in Europe, they retail for almost exactly the same price. I wasn't suggesting that you did buy based on drivers either, just pointing out that the debate itself is futile.

YhbT6m9.png

they are about the same price now (970 is ~$550 while 390 is ~$570) but when I bought my 970 the 390 had just come out and as such was more expensive

edit: also I needed a 2 DVI ports and the 390s that were out didn't have that while the 970 did, and there was much more choice in terms of brand where there wasn't for the AMD cards.

Just now, Nelson2011 said:

RIP servers :^)

Just now, Kitten said:

You'd think Ubisoft would learn from every other release (servers always die...)

IKR. I just finished downloading. Started the game up and just got into the tutorial section and bam, down it goes.

Just now, OOPMan said:

IKR. I just finished downloading. Started the game up and just got into the tutorial section and bam, down it goes.

Luckily I've been able to play enough to get to level 5 and the servers crashed after I finished rescuing the doctor :P

39 minutes ago, Kitten said:

You'd think Ubisoft would learn from every other release (servers always die...)

You'd think this would happen with every other AAA hyped up game because it does happen :serb:

It's the 40% potatoes of gaming that don't understand this and go write bad steam reviews 

21 minutes ago, MungeVolt said:

You'd think this would happen with every other AAA hyped up game because it does happen :serb:

It's the 40% potatoes of gaming that don't understand this and go write bad steam reviews 

ye meng, i pay top dolla 4 dis gaem im gon plae liek 5 tiem y they not have their shite togetha

So... now thats its official release.... any feedback on an on-the-fence buyer? a few friendos bought it and like it... but i'm not to big/into the borderlands-y aspects,  but then again, i don't really know what i'm talking about as i havn't really looked into anything of the game besides 2 min of Achievement Hunter fucking around uselessly and the beta hackers

4 hours ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

So... now thats its official release.... any feedback on an on-the-fence buyer? a few friendos bought it and like it... but i'm not to big/into the borderlands-y aspects,  but then again, i don't really know what i'm talking about as i havn't really looked into anything of the game besides 2 min of Achievement Hunter fucking around uselessly and the beta hackers

Look at the steam reviews, the fact that it says Ubisoft on it, and that there was a user review embargo until a day after launch and use that to decide whether it's worth 60 of your dollars. 

44 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

Look at the steam reviews, the fact that it says Ubisoft on it, and that there was a user review embargo until a day after launch and use that to decide whether it's worth 60 of your dollars. 

dont forget all the rage of servers being imperfect on launch day

game was literally unplayable dont waste your money 0/10