hacksaw556

can a tomato find some mercy?

Like the title says..

I am a tomato who wants to improve, I have watched vids/streams but cant seem to replicate the results..

I play mainly tiers 5-7 with a few t8 prems(dont care for them really I have found).  

My main problem seems to be an over-aggressive approach to this game that leaves me alone, or nearly so, at the worst times.  On the other hand hand my best tank, stat-wise is my T20.  go figure, long reload and paper armour but I seem to play it best of all my tanks. 

I also need to work on my vision mechanics and map awareness a lot too (duh!)

If anyone would like to platoon/instruct me I am on the NA server..please drop me a friend request and I will be happy to respond.  I dont expect to ever become a unicum, but am tired of being embarrassed by my play.

I am also open to joining a clan that is big on instruction!

Thanks in advance! 

M-I-T is an instructional clan that has regular training sessions for its members.

Your stats indicate, as you say, you pretty much yolo into multiple enemy guns, get a couple shots off and you are dead.

If you see me online, shoot me a message and remind me of this post and I will see what I can do to steer you in the right direction...

Stats like these suggest a bad computer like mine ( I play on min with 25 fps). You need a modpack, at least 30 fps, at least under 120 ping.

First steps is to join a learning clan, and trying to not suicide rush. Make sure to not be the center of the enemy's attention, and shoot for at least 1 times your HP in damage. 

you are correct, I am playing on a potato class pc with sub 30 fps..will be correcting this when my tax return comes in!  I do make shooting my weight an every game goal!

Sounds like the way I play my games.

I yolo into a bunch of enemies, do 2-3k damage, then die.

I guess you start by hulling down in just about any tank possible?

Turrets are usually hard, and if they're not, they're usually hard to hit :) (or both)

I would recommend picking a tank that you already have (preferably one you have all the modules for) that you like to play, and playing exclusively that for a while.  When you play too many different tanks you can find yourself not ever really learning how to play any of them.  So pick one you like, and then do some research.  Watch some vids of unicums playing that tank.  Go to www.tanks.gg and look at the armor models of the tanks you can encounter and see where you can pen them.

In my personal case, I got a Type64 when it was on sale at Thanksgiving and played about 400 battles in it and nothing else.  I went from ~300 wn8 to ~600wn8 and my recent also went up to ~800.  Obviously the tank itself is not the important part, only that you like to play it and are having fun driving it.

If there are particular qualities in a tank you want/would be fun for you, then I or one of the actually good players here would be happy to recommend one.

13 hours ago, Stridsvagn 74 said:

First steps is to join a learning clan, and trying to not suicide rush. Make sure to not be the center of the enemy's attention, and shoot for at least 1 times your HP in damage. 

Doing 1 times your HP in damage is a bit hard, especially if you consider were this guy is coming from. If becoming an average player is the first goal, then having 0.7 times your HP as damage output would be enough. 

Overigens regent het dit moment in Nederland (lokaal), en niet zo'n beetje ook! 

Make sure to build a PC. PM me if you need help building! :D

thanks for the offer Wewum...no problem for me to build a pc though...been at it for years...just need help not sucking...when I can actually see this damn game at more than 20 fps...

Just knowing your tank makes a huge difference. Google about the tank you currently enjoy playing, find out it's strengths and weaknesses and try to use those in game.

You can then use map features like, terrain, rocks building to complement strengths of your tank and use it even better.

It's possible you might not be able to do it on all maps but will help for maps in which you can do it.

On 2/15/2016 at 8:28 PM, capt-jay said:

M-I-T is an instructional clan that has regular training sessions for its members.

Your stats indicate, as you say, you pretty much yolo into multiple enemy guns, get a couple shots off and you are dead.

If you see me online, shoot me a message and remind me of this post and I will see what I can do to steer you in the right direction...

Yes, this.  Join the minions! 

Send me a friend request or a platoon invite and I'll play with you sometime and try to help you out. 

I am like hacksaw :( I just know I make randomly dumb mistakes....patience is bad virtue for me. Probably from being a female. Sigh.

On 2016. 02. 27. at 0:49 AM, galleri said:

I am like hacksaw :( I just know I make randomly dumb mistakes....patience is bad virtue for me. Probably from being a female. Sigh.

I don't think that has to do with anything. Some of the best players on here are female. @MissNurkie ?

On 27.2.2016 at 0:49 AM, galleri said:

You can be 'patient' while keeping the impatient part of your mind busy. Use your impatience for something good; always re-think your position, always read the minimap to see if there are better places to go, if you need to run, if you need to go def cap/cap, check your tank- are you angling correctly, are you trading well, are modules ok, etc etc. You'll be super busy all the time, no time to be impatient. I get really stressed and annoyed when I have to camp(or I completely zone out and lose focus), like when there are no better options than to wait, but I know if I start pleasing my minds desire for constant action I'll suck out. I still do that once in a while though, but still can be fairly consistent.

It's more a personality thing, not a gender thing, I think.

I wasn't saying that I played bad from being female. I was saying I lack impatience from being female ;) I know there is some great female players in this game. @nemlengyel and @MissNurkie. Yeah then again it could be personality. lol

On 2/15/2016 at 3:34 PM, hacksaw556 said:

If I do 2-3 k damage, I make a celebratory cocktail! 

There isn't much more I can think of that hasn't been mentioned already, there are some youtubers who promote upping your game, Quickybaby being the first I think of, he also streams on Twitch. I am not the greatest tanker either, I used to be a lot worse, but my stats are slowly rising.

One thing I got into the habit of doing is, whenever I have a bad game, I would go back and watch my replay to critic my performance, see what I did wrong and see what I did right in hindsight.

And good luck building a PC :)