Sign in to follow this  
FreddBoy

Suggestions on where to put my female crews?

Well, I currently finished the MT set of missions for the T28 HTC last night, so 3 more Arty missions and I get it.

However, I realised, I'm not quite sure what to do with the new female crew member I got (and any future ones, for that matter).

The sensible thing to do, is to put them in any mediums I have that I'm grinding to tier 10. But I already have girl crews in my centurion 1 and sta-1. And since both my panther 2 and Leo pta crews already have 3 skills (with BiA being one of them), swapping them for a girl crew would be waste IMHO.

I am currently grinding out the T-54 lt, T-62A/Obj. 140 and IS-3/7. Would it be better to get my crews for these tanks, or simply put them in tanks I already own, which have below average crews?

Current high tier/low crew skill tanks:

AT-15

Challenger 

Maus

What would you guys suggest?

This thread is not really suited to the specific, gameplay oriented nature of AAPP, hence I moved it here which I believe to be a much more ideal subforum. 

As to your question, there aren't really many reasons to put a female crew in a tank that already has a crew unless it's a tank you exceptionally like and it has a truly awful crew, otherwise just throw them in whatever tank/s you expect to play the most, preferably a medium/light, since heavies don't have as many good skill options due to camo not being particularly useful.

Since your asking for an opinion?

I know some follow a strategic of placing their female crews in tanks or classes which lack premium trainers and/or tend to receive low base experience on average per match.

GroundAssault007 for example, has placed multiple female crews in artillery. Why? Zero premium trainers in American, Soviet, German artillery.  Low base experience per game is what artillery earns per match.  Yet for organized play, Clan Wars/Strongholds/Tournament, many tactics require at least one artillery to break up hard turtles.  

Most Light tank trees on the other hand frequently have trainers and earn a lot of experience on a per minute basis compared to other classes.   That said, a few tier 8+ tiers have crews with a number of three... so you might just have an odd number of female crew left over, and an AMX 13 90 can fit them all in, unlike most mediums/heavies/tank destroyers at the same tier range.

In my own case, I wanted a Chinese Heavy female crew for my 110.   Presently slow grinding out their 3rd set of skills/perks now in the WZ-111.   Supposedly the tier 9 Chinese heavy is rather good for its relative battle tier range.  I didn't want to have to retrained a second Chinese heavy crew in the IS-2, so a fresh female crew is working out fine.

Separately their been recent talk from Minsk that the Chinese tank tree is awkward to play, and needs something to improve it.  Expecting future buffs in the Chinese tree.

Also if one glances at average tank win rate statistics at WoT-News.com or any website, mediums are winning above 50% too much.  Expecting future nerfs to many tier 8 to 10 mediums vehicles, by December 2016, when Sweden's tree is released.

I generally used them initially on tanks that I didn't have a full tree grind for. Obj 140 (with the 54 crew going to the 62a). AMX30B, T57, etc. Then replaced my meh IS4 crew, since they'll be doing duty on the 4, 5, and 260 in five more missions. After that I'll prob just pick a tank that I don't have a great crew for. Maybe a 50M crew...

How do you have 8 already (Cent 1/STA-1) if you have only done 7 mission sets before this completed one? Domination?

I'd basically say any high tier vehicle they make a complete set on and you are likely to keep and play for a long time.

They will be the fastest crews to 3/4/5 skills.

Annoyingly I wasted one of my crew sets I put them into the Leopard 1, but after 30 or so games with it I decided I didn't really fancy playing it much more compared to the other tier 10 meds.

I'm contemplating doing the Stug arty missions to get an extra crew member so I can move them into my E50M, currently they are sitting in the T-55A, and are just about to tick over into their 4th skill so will soon start catching my current E50M crew who are about 80% into their 4th.

My other ones are in my Bat Chat (and used a 4th girl to fill the slot in the CDC/M4 Rev) and the STB-1.

It's why I like the Berlin crews because they still have the 'free' skill so train quicker but it's BIAs so work with any other BIA crew member. 

Put them in lights or meds. Reasoning: they're more crew skill intensive than heavies because they benefit from Camo as well as all the other skills.

Arty doesnt make a ton of sense since it really only needs 3 skills (bia/camo/6th+snapshot).  You could do that to avoid having to grind the skills as much but it seems a waste.  Put it on a tank where 4th or 5th skill means more.

Avoid choosing countries with limited tank selection because you cannot change the country.  US, RU, DE best choices.

Honestly my girls all keep the barracks clean since when the whole thing was introduced I had no use for shitty 3rd skill only crews anymore.

My advice would be to only claim them when you are starting a new line so you wont have to grind bia and 6th sense.

You can also save all of your female crew for commanders on new lines, so you can start them with Brothers Sisters in Arms and Sixth Sense. WG has been offering crews and crew missions that start with BIA already, so this can give you a leg up on training and save you from needing to retrain down the road. (I did this with the Czech tanks in order to have both Tier 9 and 10 crews with BIA and 6th). 

This is bad advice, see below. Sorry! 

3 hours ago, Kilpanic said:

You can also save all of your female crew for commanders on new lines, so you can start them with Brothers Sisters in Arms and Sixth Sense. WG has been offering crews and crew missions that start with BIA already, so this can give you a leg up on training and save you from needing to retrain down the road. (I did this with the Czech tanks in order to have both Tier 9 and 10 crews with BIA and 6th). 

I'm not sure I understand or if you don't know, but Sisters only works with an all-female crew.  If you make them commanders only then you will never be able to get Bia or SIA, since they both require all crew of the same sex.

17 minutes ago, stagnate said:

I'm not sure I understand or if you don't know, but Sisters only works with an all-female crew.  If you make them commanders only then you will never be able to get Bia or SIA, since they both require all crew of the same sex.

I think he's referring to the mission where you got free female crew for grinding the Czech line. I got 2/4 that I need to fill my Skoda, and now I'm stuck trying to grind out two more female crew via 260 missions.

5 hours ago, stagnate said:

How fucking arbitrary. You are 100% correct, and female crew get 'Sisterhood of Steel' in lieu of 'Brothers in Arms'. I did not know that, and assumed that because it worked for the Czech crew I got (they are all women) it would work for other teams. Thanks for the heads up!