Pyr0freak

An underrated YouTuber: SirFoch

Hello,

I am here today to talk about the man known as SirFoch, whose YouTube channel is TheFochYou. I highly recommend you check his content out, and here is why:

• He is a deep-purple player
  • His play style differs from most unicums in that he almost never uses premium ammo
  • He explains his thought process and map tactics during the game
  • He is extremely entertaining and says it like it is

I knew about this dude for a while, but not until recently when I started on the path to self-improvement did I really start paying attention to his videos.

I'm trying to advertise his channel a little bit because WoTLabs is full of people trying to hit that purple-tier gameplay, and while most people might know about QuickyBaby and TheMightyJingles, IMHO this guy is better than both of them and deserves much more subs / views. Of course, he simply doesn't upload that often or do giveaways / other crap to get him to that spot, but nevertheless I think anyone who hasn't seen any of his videos should check him out.

His YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFochYou

And as for those who know about him, what do you guys think of SirFoch?

Id say WoTLabs as a whole already rates SirFoch pretty highly. This place is full of people who spend far too much time watching streams and youtube vidyas.

17 minutes ago, Pyr0freak said:

His play style differs from most unicums in that he almost never uses premium ammo

Don't know if this is a reason for recommending him. 

For me, it's in the game and available for credits, why not use it? He's only gimping himself if he doesn't load it and risk bouncing half his shots vs an E100 or E3 or something. Everyone who watches him and does the same thing are gimping themselves too. Just my 2 cents. 

I have been watching him for a while and found him pretty fun to listen too with a few good positions to learn from.:ohnyes:

Cant say I agree with all his opinions on the game but they are certainly worth making note of.

Everytime I see him take shots at e100 police bars when he has ample time to load prem ammo I cringe slightly and think of the lost DPG.

I also remember a review from a long time ago where he kept shooting his Conq's AP at an e100's turret cheek 3x in a row... APCR MAN.. APCR!!

Overall I like him, just his no gold approach annoys me at times.

Edit since there seems to be a debate about gold ammo now... I dont care about him limiting his prem usage, i dont use too much of it either. However watching him fire conq AP at e100 turret cheeks 3x and having one shot pen, then tell the audience "you can pen e100 turret cheeks with ap" doesnt seem to me like a good thing to be telling pubbies. The pubby audience wont look at the e100 turret cheek effective thickness on their own time and conclude that "nope, i shouldnt fire AP at that repeatedly". They will only hear sirfoch saying "you can pen this turret cheek with AP" and then do that in their own games and proceed to just be a complete waste of a team slot.

I watch his videos sometimes he's great player, but I'll give him one negative thing:

His English. I mean not like he doesn't know how to speak, but his accent/native language gimps his pronunciations so hard sometimes. :D 

Just now, SchnitzelTruck said:

Everytime I see him take shots at e100 police bars when he has ample time to load prem ammo I cringe slightly and think of the lost DPG.

I'm pretty sure he only has the time to do so because of EU being even more campy than NA.

Just now, no_name_cro said:

I watch his videos sometimes he's great player, but I'll give him one negative thing:

His English. I mean not like he doesn't know how to speak, but his accent/native language gimps his pronunciations so hard sometimes. :D 

sexi accents

and he still speaks better english than half the American people I know :fat:

6 minutes ago, _Dia said:

Don't know if this is a reason for recommending him. 

For me, it's in the game and available for credits, why not use it? You're only gimping yourself if you don't load it and risk bouncing half your shots vs an E100 or E3 or something. 

I think there's a few reasons for why this is good.

• Proves that you don't have to spam APCR/HEAT at light tanks to be good at this game
  • Shows us poorer folks how to not play well and not be bankrupt (I'm not poor per se, seeing as I spent ~$500 on this game, but I never had above 6 million in-game and will most likely never run full premium ammo loadouts)
  • Teaches weakspots
  • More interesting to watch cause it's not the same Food + full premium ammo loadout I see a lot of the time

EDIT: His own philosophy for staying away from premium ammo is that he "enjoys aiming more than loading gold". It says something similar to that on his Twitch channel.

3 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

sexi accents

and he still speaks better english than half the American people I know :fat:

Yeah, like I said, not like he doesn't know to speak, but when I listen to him I feel like some words are real tongue twisters for him. Which pisses me off. :doge: 

33 minutes ago, Pyr0freak said:

I think there's a few reasons for why this is good.

• Proves that you don't have to spam APCR/HEAT at light tanks to be good at this game
  • Shows us poorer folks how to not play well and not be bankrupt (I'm not poor per se, seeing as I spent ~$500 on this game, but I never had above 6 million in-game and will most likely never run full premium ammo loadouts)
  • Teaches weakspots
  • More interesting to watch cause it's not the same Food + full premium ammo loadout I see a lot of the time

EDIT: His own philosophy for staying away from premium ammo is that he "enjoys aiming more than loading gold". It says something similar to that on his Twitch channel.

Well yeah I didn't mean you have to spam it, but you should always carry a few for when the situation arises. Nobody who doesn't spend a boatload of money realistically spams full premium loadouts and even people who run standard accounts should be able to spare some so they don't find themselves screwed when they face heavy armor. I do enjoy aiming, just not to the point where I risk bouncing half my shots because of RNG bullshit and end up costing a match or something. 

4 minutes ago, _Dia said:

[snip]...even people who run standard accounts should be able to spare some so they don't find themselves screwed when they face heavy armor. I do enjoy aiming, just not to the point where I risk bouncing half my shots because of RNG bullshit and end up costing a match or something. 

Exactly. I run standard account. Still run even 50/50 on some tanks because fuck RNG.

24 minutes ago, _Dia said:

Well yeah I didn't mean you have to spam it, but you should always carry a few for when the situation arises. Nobody who doesn't spend a boatload of money realistically spams full premium loadouts and even people who run standard accounts should be able to spare some so they don't find themselves screwed when they face heavy armor. I do enjoy aiming, just not to the point where I risk bouncing half my shots because of RNG bullshit and end up costing a match or something. 

Yeah I suppose you're right. Sometimes he goes out of his way to not use that premium. If he switched back and forth properly, he might bump his WN8 by a couple of hundred points for sure.

The thing is, after watching him play like that, I was like "Damn, I should absolutely try that!". And I did. I went from running 40 APCR on the KV-5 and loading it at the start of every match to 10. I also listened to the rest of his advice (mainly, "literally everything you do in each round depends on where your team deploys on the map"), and started pulling in some beastly games without touching my 2 button.

I don't like him.

He whines constantly about arty, more so than any other player I've ever seen.  Refuses to use gold ammo because he views it as a "broken game mechanic so therefore I refuse to use it".  Lastly, he accuses any unicum in a tier 9 medium as a "filthy gold spamming padding fuck who doesn't care about the win".  Unreal.  Used to like the guy, but now he can go fuck himself.

Personality aside, I won't deny that he's a pretty damn good player. 

46 minutes ago, Pyr0freak said:

Yeah I suppose you're right. Sometimes he goes out of his way to not use that premium. If he switched back and forth properly, he might bump his WN8 by a couple of hundred points for sure.

It's his thing. Just like he has the 'is it worth the grind' and 'is it worth the gold' series. There are so many streamers now that you have to have a persona on top of being a great player.

1 hour ago, Shifty_101st said:

I don't like him.

He whines constantly about arty, more so than any other player I've ever seen.  Refuses to use gold ammo because he views it as a "broken game mechanic so therefore I refuse to use it".  Lastly, he accuses any unicum in a tier 9 medium as a "filthy gold spamming padding fuck who doesn't care about the win".  Unreal.  Used to like the guy, but now he can go fuck himself.

Totally agree use to like him but because of the reasons above i now don't.

1 hour ago, Shifty_101st said:

I don't like him.

Whining about arty, fair enough, shit mechanic and I agree with Foch 100%.

Not sure what to call it since it isn't gold ammo anymore, but APCR and HEAT are usually lolpen at tier 9/10, have fun turning your turret in the E-100 to shoot when someone's got a russkie 100mm firing 330 HEAT. I personally think a penetration nerf across the board except for a few special cases would be good for the game.

And lastly, does he say this a lot? Once? Twice? At any one person in particular? That's like saying every wotlabber is a neckbeard basement-dwelling subhuman who does nothing but play wot and wank off to purple stats. Massive generalisation, but let's use it as a specific to reinforce our petty argument, pats on the back all round.

All aboard the hate train boiz, sheep mentality best meta NA

His audience might not be as huge as QB or Jingles', but he's certainly far from underrated.

Foch is a lot more informative when it comes to localised tactics since he goes into detail about how much exposure he could afford and why a position is more viable than the other instead of just saying "put a round into him" and commentating generically like QB. Analysing when he can afford the chancey shot and when he can go ham and take calculated risks is his forte. His mechanical skills are noticeably above average too.

Add the cynicism and brutal honesty that appeals to long time players of the game and you have a personality that earns him an intensely loyal (albeit smaller) fan base.