leggasiini

Type 5 Heavy "appreciation" thread

90 posts in this topic

That 260 flat unangleable armor, so OP.

Those 210mm flat cheeks that has ammorack behind them, wow wtf mega OP OP.

8 hp/ton, GOTTA GO FAST!

Huge size actually results in terribly OP camo, since Type 5 is probably first tank in the game with negative camo values, how OP is that?

You know, btw, that this little tenk is so small that its just little bit bigger than a mouse!

Has OP gun from fucking CRUISER, it can damage ships so it should destroy any tank, right? Yet it has worse damage, DPM and even worse DISPERSION than Hundo.

There is already some Type 5 Heavy threads, but those are like from times when it still was on supertest. There havent been much talking about Type since its release...for obvious reasons. So its so poor tonk that there isnt even a thread for it other than those few "omg new big HT, hype"-threads. Now, half year later, we all know how "OP" Type 5 is these days, so made this thread to make you feel free to discuss about the shittiest tier 10 heavy in the game. 

ps: wanna count anyone who were crazy enough to go past O-Ho, and eventually sold this OP tenk. There must be more of those than me and Schnitzel...

14 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

I appreciate

And will never forget what it was like those first days of release when none knew where to shoot meto just load gold and almost autopen it

:feelsbad:

fixed

1 hour ago, #Lunaughty said:

FOLDED
ONE
MILLION
TIMES

TYPE 5 WILL MAKE ANIME REAL

fuck anime

also type 5 is not made from glorious nippon steel that is folded million times, its made from unglorious nippon (inb4 madeinchina) wet cardboard. 

Talking about glorious nippon steel, though...

Glorious+nippon+steel+i+love+this+gif+no

this gif always gets me

realism/10

1 hour ago, Crossfader said:

i do love the Type4/5, really good exp piniata`s

Whoever gave them the second highest hp in tier was being quite considerate :^)

19 minutes ago, flare_phoenix said:

Whoever gave them the second highest hp in tier was being quite considerate :^)

tbh when type 5 was revealed and especially when it was compared with Maus (and when stats were still unleaked), i actually expected it to have 3200 - 3500 HP

Despite this thing is bad, i still might re-buy it in future if it gets buffed or is on sale and i have some credits lying around. 50b, 268 and probably E 100 before it tho

36 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I'll rebuy it in the future when Im really fucking drunk.

Highly doubt theres enough booze in the whole world to get you drunk enough to do that

On paper it looks like the lovechild of an E100 and a Maus, with better armor than the forer and a better gun than the latter.

In practice, I haven't seen many on the live server.

I would totally support a buff to the Type 4/5 IF they nerf the completely "balanced" tanks found earlier in the line at tiers 5 and 6...

1 hour ago, FavreFan4ever said:

On paper it looks like the lovechild of an E100 and a Maus, with better armor than the forer and a better gun than the latter.

In practice, I haven't seen many on the live server.

I would totally support a buff to the Type 4/5 IF they nerf the completely "balanced" tanks found earlier in the line at tiers 5 and 6...

Paper stats are massive liar, really. On paper its flat out super to Maus at everything but HP, and from pure paper stats i would pick it even over E 100. Type however is bigger than those, has much worse ammorack problems, has 100% flat armor and cant sidescrape, and has worse bloom values than E 100. In reality, its either gimped E 100 or Maus with worse UFP and slightly better gun and it cant sidescrape. You decide.

Now grinding the type 4, and while sort of interesting (its bit, unique, and it has a different kind of gun) its not good, having the same, but at tier 10? lol nope....

Type 5 needs a massive gun buff to be viable, and both type 4 and 5 need a hull cheek buff to 250mm, so the cheecks are stronger as the normal front and you can angle atleast 20 deg, getting penetrated by tier 8 heavys head on is kinda silly...

ps: it doesnt have the armor of a maus nor the gun of an E100, its simply crao

If these J-hotels actually had sloped frontal armor like the E-series, these tanks would be so lovely.

If they only found the turrets of these tanks then it literally WG's fault these tanks are free XP piñatas speaking broadly. If Japan "historically" had blueprints of German tank designs then you could have something good looking like a E-75 hull with the bento box turret dishing out 600 damage a strike with E-100 style gameplay. 

For starters WG could just remove those frontal weak cheeks and make sides join straight to front plate like most tanks. Would help sidescraping bit.

HALF A FUCKING BOTTLE OF WINE LATER ITS FUCKING HAPPENING!!!

Purchased: 'Type 5 Heavy' successfully purchased. Spent credits:  6,100,000. 

LETS GO BOIS!!!

Edit:

kekekekekekh8W3gFW.jpg

Q7VEVgi.jpg

Hooray for the worst team in a long time :D

4 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

HALF A FUCKING BOTTLE OF WINE LATER ITS FUCKING HAPPENING!!!

Purchased: 'Type 5 Heavy' successfully purchased. Spent credits:  6,100,000. 

LETS GO BOIS!!!

Edit:

kekekekekekh8W3gFW.jpg

Wait, i thought you managed to quit tanks?

On 2/17/2016 at 9:43 AM, sahtila said:

For starters WG could just remove those frontal weak cheeks and make sides join straight to front plate like most tanks. Would help sidescraping bit.

For what little its worth, if the cheeks were removed completely gun depression to the corners would get kinda screwed.

Just make the armor stronger, the cheeks are now 210mm instead of 260, make it 260 and its ok (they are stronger head on, and when angled wont be a weakspot)

These tanks should be buffed like that in more ways, small ``fixes``, no massive changes (WG prefers  the ``do nothing for years and then mega buff``  OR ``buff viewrange 10m and its fine``)

This tank is so bad it made me punch a hole in my wall. Gave my account to someone and had him change the password on me. 

GG type5, you officially killed Schnitzel.

I don't get why they gave it fewer HP than the maus. Give it 3500hp and fix the gun slightly. It'll still be frustrating tank but atleast you can do something with it. 

2 minutes ago, kariverson said:

I don't get why they gave it fewer HP than the maus. Give it 3500hp and fix the gun slightly. It'll still be frustrating tank but atleast you can do something with it. 

3500 HP? I don't think that solves the problem. 

The problem is that Type 5 you can't angle it. You have the cheeks and 140mm side armor is a lie. Whole area under the tracks is 100mm and sticks out up to front sprocket, making it prone to tracking + doing damage in same shot. Also let's not forget terrible cheeks with 210mm become weaker as you angle - with bonus on top ammo rack is behind them. So really with reduced speed in comparison to E100 you get worse armor. Well done WG, well done.

Another thing is the gun. One would think that bigger guns have worse bloom values? Well wrong. Again comparing to E100, Type 5 really fades out. Also, it gets flat out worst premium shell, only tier 10 with under 300mm penetration with premium shell(which is potentially balanced but when competition has 300 and more pen, you don't really win with balance but with competitive values).

So in the end what you get? A slighly faster Maus with worse armor and derpier gun and more size for the lols. I mean tank would be fine if it was something in between the Maus and E100, but this thing is flat out worse. I mean when you get beaten by Maus when comparing the tanks you know something's wrong.

So as already suggested, really decent buffs would be:

1. Improve gun bloom, get them slightly better than E100's.
  2. Buff the cheeks(and side armor perhaps maybe?) so you can angle and not bleed HP like madman.

Make mantle spaced, make cheeks 260mm (think that 260mm cheeks are actually better than 260mm front hull during sidescraping, since you want to keep as maximal angle as possible) and give it the gun stats it had on supertest (almost 2.4k DPM, used to have around 30% better bloom), and bam, it would be actually solid tank. I dont get it what made them think that it would be OP enough to get nerfed during supertest.

Also wouldnt mind if they made it its gold to regular ammo, and then removing current reg ammo. So you have 286mm pen, which is neat, but as penalty you dont have gold. Think O-Ho and O-Ni with their 105mm guns. I dont like idea anyway that gold ammo is same type as regular ammo, making it 100% flat out superior.