leggasiini

Type 5 Heavy "appreciation" thread

27 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

... has super flat armor and HEAT kills it in first minute.

Well yeah... WG is stupid enough to make tank too tough for regular ammo and way too weak for HEAT/APCR spam.

I just want them to give it back the supertest gun stats and buff the prem pen. Remodeling the hull to get rid of the cheeks would be nice also, but clearly that will never happen.

Yeah the armor was problematic at times, however the only thing that was consistently fucking me over was the gun. Its nearly unplayable.

The gun handling is horrible, the reload is only 1 sec shorter than the e100 with nearly 300 less DPM, it has 50 less prem pen, the accuracy is garbage. Its one of those tanks whos good games rely entirely on RNG being kind due to how derpy the gun and pathetic the gun is.

I had so many ~2k damage games simply because the gun wouldnt hit or the prem ammo bounced repeatedly. If you come across a hulldown e100 you are forced to fuck off because your prem ammo cannot pen his unangled turret without RNG giving you a high pen roll.

I got to 90% MoE, then RNG started saying no and i had repeat 2k or 1k damage games... Then I pretty much sold my account cause what even is the point of playing this game.

2 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

The biggest buff the Type 4 and Type 5 could get would be to rebalance premium ammo and SPG's in some non-shitty way.

Sadly while SPG rework is still planned (tho i have very mixed feelings about this), IIRC there is no plans to nerf or probably even change the gold ammo, other than possible HESH rework in far future.

Like Schnitzel said, though, bigger problem is the gun, not the armor, and imo gun (esp DPM and handling) buffs are the bigger priority than armor rework, although latter is needed too.

There is something wrong with me. I gave my account to a friend and had him change the password on me in order to keep me from playing WoT... and now I want to play the type5 REALLY BADLY!! Playing it hurts so good.

I see a padded cell in my future.

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

There is something wrong with me. I gave my account to a friend and had him change the password on me in order to keep me from playing WoT... and now I want to play the type5 REALLY BADLY!! Playing it hurts so good.

I see a padded cell in my future.

Dude, i have exactly the same problem. I kept playing and playing Type 5 Heavy, and i was simply unable to stop playing it, even though i knew its shit. It took me 3 hours (yes, first hour i didnt know what to do, other two hours was same expect i had selling screen opened on my screen) to sell it. Selling it did hurt alot, but after i bought O-Ho back, it was one of the best feelings ever. 

Type 5 Heavy havent been away from my garage for even a month, and im already farming credits to it. Shit.

Type 5 is like cigarette. Its disgusting, but you cant just stop it. For some reason, it was addicting to play.

Decided to also rebuy it yesterday...ehh

Spoiler

With slightly different setup and playstyle, it feels still shit. Damn. Back in January, i honestly sold it mainly not only because its shit, but also because of credit problems (didnt have premium back then) and i wanted crew for O-Ho, so... now i re-bought it and after playing 10 battles with it, i tbh will just park it in my garage and wait until (if they do) buff it. Why this thing needs to be so bad, it doesnt deserve it :feelsbad:

So, impressions:

The good:

- Armor is actually better than i remembered. Sure its shit against gold (and T10 TDs) and cant sidescrape, but it does bounce hella alot against everything else. Dancing does quite improve your amount of bouncing, which is cool. I do get steel walls often, and blocking 5k+ damage is not rare at all.

- Gun depression is ofc great. If this tank just had much better gun stats and probably better mantle, it would be already pretty awesome.

- HP, can take punishing even if gold is spammed at it.

- Crew almost never dies (atleast for me). They didnt die when i had spall liner on it, and now that i dont have it after i rebought it, they still wont just die. Fucking sumo wrestlers that are fat enough to survive hits, huh?

The bad...

- Gun. This is the biggest problem of the entire tank. No, not the size, not the armor, not the mobility, its the gun. Gun is utter piece of shit. I swear, it has probably the worst gun out of all tier X tanks. Yes, worse than Maus or IS-7. It has utterly disgusting gun handling, no matter what you use. I had Vstabs before i sold it, gun handling is awful, now dont have it but have food, still awful, then tried on test server with food AND spall liner, STILL shit. Thats not the only problem, though. Another problem is that shell velocity is poor, and accuracy is bad. Penetration is not the best, but gold pen is awful. What this means is that hitting at weakspots and penning them is terribly hard, you are defenseless against E 100 if it hulldowns or sidescrapes, and you cannot do much at all in longer ranges, which is very bad thing because how slow this thing is and cant always get up close in time. Maus atleast has decent accuracy, now okay gun handling and good APCR pen. The gun has also very poor rate of fire. It results in only 2k DPM, which is bad. It has 300 lower base DPM than E100, despite E100 has +150 alpha damage. What this means it has like one second faster reload. The only thing on gun that isnt somewhere between worst-in-class and mediocre is damage. 600 is pretty nice, but still, it doesnt do anything, because you will do likely no damage than that 600. And pretty often i lowroll at 490 - 550...

Because the shit gun, Type 5 will lose 1 v 1 against most tier 10s. Only chance to win 1 v 1 reliably is against HTs that are slow enough to circle you (Maus, E 100, IS-4, other Type 5, IS-7 if it facehugs you because you can just hit its turret roof) and refuses to fire gold, and probably against stuff like Jageru or E3 if you somehow magically manage to get their asses.

- Mobility is obviously bad, but tbh, mobility itself is not the worst thing around. This thing is huge brick, its expected to be slow. However, its gun makes mobility more problematic, since it has very poor capacities at long ranges. Maus, again, can do OK at longer ranges, while E100 is fast enough to keep up atleast with some heavies most of time. Type 5 has neither of those.

- Ammo rack is disgusting. Its probably covers the entire middle part of the tank; front, sides, and rear. Jesus. Often i dont have even chance to repair it when someone just blows it up after it gets damaged.

- Ofc gold kills it, which kinda sucks, because only defence against gold is "dancing", which most of time doesnt even work.

- cant sidescrape, which also kinda sucks when coming out from corners, since "poking" is sometimes hard with all of those allies.

not gonna sell it this time, though, but i decided that i wont touch it for now. It will just sit in my garage, mostly as "trophy" for grinding out the JP heavy line. I probably need to try it with full equipment, but im not sure, im afraid that would be just waste of credits.

EDIT: outdated opinion

So I had a few shots and I was thinking.... Bruh, I want O-Ho's derp on the type5 heavy but buffed. Fully kitted for RoF the O-Ho gets 13.45 sec reload on the derp a. Give it ~10 seconds on the type5 and buff the gun handling and accuracy. I'd play the fuck out of it. Best worst idea I've ever had.

Better than bouncing that god awful prem round on unangled e100 turrets. 

Why are you even shooting at E100 turret faces. lolfuck the police bar. please schnitzel think outside of the box.

I played like 50 games on an acc at ~3200 dpg. so nothing really special but i think it gets more hate then it deserves..

6 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

Why are you even shooting at E100 turret faces. lolfuck the police bar. please schnitzel think outside of the box.

I played like 50 games on an acc at ~3200 dpg. so nothing really special but i think it gets more hate then it deserves..

RNG must like you if you can hit that police bar at any distance beyond facehug. I go for it when it's realistically possible, im not exactly an idiot.

9 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

RNG must like you if you can hit that police bar at any distance beyond facehug. I go for it when it's realistically possible, im not exactly an idiot.

i just always shoot for it. if you hit it it's almost impossible to bounce. Or i overmatch the engine deck. I ended up shooting at engine decks in brawls a lot to be honest. I employed my maus tactics in that if i'm ever near an enemy i see if i can dunk a shell onto the deck for an easy pen. just figure out where you overmatch on tanks and the height starts to become an advantage.

46 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

i just always shoot for it. if you hit it it's almost impossible to bounce. Or i overmatch the engine deck. I ended up shooting at engine decks in brawls a lot to be honest. I employed my maus tactics in that if i'm ever near an enemy i see if i can dunk a shell onto the deck for an easy pen. just figure out where you overmatch on tanks and the height starts to become an advantage.

I exploit engine decks as often as possible too. Just the inaccuracy of the gun and trying to peg police bars on the e100 or hoping for high pen rolls infuriates me. Jag100's and e100's are the 2 tanks I hate to run up against in the type5 because apart from the lower plate they are a bitch to pen with 282AP.

For the record I agree with you that this tank gets too much hate. I just enjoy bitching.

5 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I exploit engine decks as often as possible too. Just the inaccuracy of the gun and trying to peg police bars on the e100 or hoping for high pen rolls infuriates me. Jag100's and e100's are the 2 tanks I hate to run up against in the type5 because apart from the lower plate they are a bitch to pen with 282AP.

For the record I agree with you that this tank gets too much hate. I just enjoy bitching.

fair enough those two tanks are annoying but pretty much everything thats not a boxtank or hulldown E5/E3 is workable. I just spam HE at that shit, fuck it ill break their gun.

After researching TVP VTU and then selling T-34/100 yesterday, i managed to get full equipment loadout on Type 5.

Then i played few games. Honestly...its not even that terrible. Granted, its still probably the worst tier 10 HT in the game, but thats because all other T10 HTs apart from maybe Maus (and possibly that VK 7201 K thingy) are good at worst. And being not-that-great doesnt necessarily mean its not fun. TOG is arguably bad tank just because of speed, but it is fun? Hell yes. The same with Type 5, it can be relatively fun to play. I honestly shouldnt have even judged this thing with just gun rammer and 90% crew moved from O-I lol :P

- I said that gun felt awful, but food + Vstabs SIGNIFICANTLY helps the gun performance. With those, and snapshot skill, gun handling is actually acceptable. Honestly, only thing that now actually annoys me (and it isnt even that bad) on the gun is poor reload, even with food and rammer, and while i also try to hit police bar on E 100, i agree that gold should be just slightly better so you can atleast pen those cheeks as hitting police bar can be ass with meh accuracy.

It would still enjoy small buffs. Just give it the super test gun stats and buff cheeks to 260mm and i would play it 24/7. Overall rating: 5/10 as tank's own viability, but fun rating is 7/10, which brings it to 6/10 for me. Im actually tempted to play it today because a) i want atleast 2nd mark to it and b) i still havent aced it after 340 battles (yeah, 6.5k dmg, hard carrying the team, 6 kills and more base XP than i ever had on my 113 which i aced many times wasnt still enough to ace Type 5...).

I'm mostly curious about its performance in comparison to the Type 4 - have you played that? Seems like most people skipped the Type 4, so I haven't been able to find many direct comparisons. Obviously I know the T10 is faster, handles better, and has a shitload more HP. The other hits a bit harder and probably has a bit better armour for the tier... but what difference does it make to how the tanks feel? How they perform?

Going by the graphs, it looks like the Type 4 is generally better for dark red to green players, while the Type 5 is slightly better for blues and purples. Both look mediocre/bad tanks, both look like they're getting ever so slightly worse as times goes on. Probably due to people get used to their guns and goldspamming them. On the other hand, there's like no data whatsoever for these tanks, no one plays them. On NA, a couple guys who played it all day could probably change the server stats of the tank on their lonesome...

6 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I'm mostly curious about its performance in comparison to the Type 4 - have you played that? Seems like most people skipped the Type 4, so I haven't been able to find many direct comparisons. Obviously I know the T10 is faster, handles better, and has a shitload more HP. The other hits a bit harder and probably has a bit better armour for the tier... but what difference does it make to how the tanks feel? How they perform?

Going by the graphs, it looks like the Type 4 is generally better for dark red to green players, while the Type 5 is slightly better for blues and purples. Both look mediocre/bad tanks, both look like they're getting ever so slightly worse as times goes on. Probably due to people get used to their guns and goldspamming them. On the other hand, there's like no data whatsoever for these tanks, no one plays them. On NA, a couple guys who played it all day could probably change the server stats of the tank on their lonesome...

I fully grinded the Type 4 from stock, didnt have premium account back then and pretty much no free XP used either, so i ended up playing nearly 500 battles with it (lol), so here is what i think.

Type 4 is slightly better when it gets into dream matchup (mostly low-tiers, city map, and enough idiots to not shoot gold or flank you), but Type 5 is better at every else situation because its faster and has better gun stats with most notable improvement being the 3 seconds faster reload. The main advantage of the tank over Type 4 is the speed. Type 5 is just, just as fast enough to not leave too much behind your allies, which means that Type 5 can get battles more often than Type 4. This combined with huge health boost makes Type 5 better at carrying. Honestly, i feel like Type 5 is pretty much just an improvement. Only thing i miss out from Type 4 is basically meeting tier 7s and not getting always with russain hovermeds and T10 TDs. 

Overall, Type 5 is slightly better, imo. Although Type 4 can be even more ridiculous when it gets into dream matchup than Type 5 is, because same alpha and nearly same armor, but in most cases, Type 5 is superior, mostly because of speed. Like you said, i feel like Type 4 is slightly better for tomatoes, while Type 5 is better for better players.

12 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Its a quality of life improvement. Still a bad tank but playing it doesnt feel like torture and is actually somewhat enjoyable.

I often had matches where I was only able to fire a few times in the Type4 because it was too slow to get to the fight and then it had to suffer 18 second reloads. That happens significantly less in the Type5.

The difference between 20 and 25kmh is very noticeable (after all it is a 25% increase). It doesnt hit 25 all the time but it doesnt go under 20kmh unless on very uneven ground or going uphill. Reloading every 15 seconds instead of 18 also helps make matches a little more consistent.

The upper/lower plate dont get penetrated by tier10 AP quite as often either. That extra 10mm helps fight the RNG a bit. Still happens, just more rarely.

I'll rebuy the type4 at some point as I really dont remember playing it

5 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Its a quality of life improvement. Still a bad tank but playing it doesnt feel like torture and is actually somewhat enjoyable.

I often had matches where I was only able to fire a few times in the Type4 because it was too slow to get to the fight and then it had to suffer 18 second reloads. That happens significantly less in the Type5.

The difference between 20 and 25kmh is very noticeable (after all it is a 25% increase). It doesnt hit 25 all the time but it doesnt go under 20kmh unless on very uneven ground or going uphill. Reloading every 15 seconds instead of 18 also helps make matches a little more consistent.

The upper/lower plate dont get penetrated by tier10 AP quite as often either. That extra 10mm helps fight the RNG a bit. Still happens, just more rarely.

I'll rebuy the type4 at some point as I really dont remember playing it

Didnt you stop tanks again and this time you even gave your acc to your friend and he changed password, right? :doge: 

8 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Didnt you stop tanks again and this time you even gave your acc to your friend and he changed password, right? :doge: 

Yeah, i've been unable to access my account for a couple weeks now. 

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/

Maximum Reverse speed: 11 (was 10)
HP: 2900 (was 2800)

Turret

Turret 1 J20 Type 2605
Rotation speed: 20 degrees/second (was 18)

Tracks

Chassis J20 Type 2605
Aim spread on the move: 0.18 (was 0.24)
Aim spread during rotation: 0.2 (was 0.24)

Gun

140mm 50 3rd Year Type
Spread during turret rotation: 0.12 (was 0.14)
Reloading: 17.1s  (was 17.7)
Rounds per minute: 3.51 (was 3.39)

To summarize: While it looks like a pretty small at first, it actually helps this tank alot. Armor profile stinks but worse problem is ebola gun handling. Now tank gets much better dispersion while moving, which helps along with turret traverse speed, reverse speed and dispersion buff at peek-a-booing. The best way to come out from corners is "peeking" by angling your front, and these buffs are to improve both this and hulldowning. DPM buff helps against E100, since you can actually now reload faster enough to get second shot off before it and get into cover before you get wrecked by it. And extra HP is nice aswell.

type 4 gets buffed too btw