ToshibaTheFriendlyZombie

268 - is the Object Obsolete??

So i had this tank for over a few years now - i remember it being amazeballs...now it just seems to suck balls - especially after the alpha and camo nerfs. If I want alpha, i would go to my FV 183, if i want pinpoint accuracy, I would take my WTF100, and tbh, the armour seems only slightly better than my foch, with its awful aim time, but it's saving grace of 3 shells with the same alpha...and thats not even mentioning the other tanks out there that I dont own...for example the 263 which I now see more than the 268.....so is there a reason i should still keep this in my garage? how do you guys kit it and play it?

Ta muchly in advance

It is really that bad? Because i always seem to like it when i roll it on test server. Its fast, accurate (but has slowish aim time), has decent gun and armor. I believe that its more a allrounder that can both snipe and play agressive when needed. I know that its not great tank, but i enjoyed it on test so will get it regardless.

Besides, i think WG accidently leaked its HD model in their sound and physics video, so here is a hope for changes.

4 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

It is really that bad? Because i always seem to like it when i roll it on test server. Its fast, accurate (but has slowish aim time), has decent gun and armor. I believe that its more a allrounder that can both snipe and play agressive when needed. I know that its not great tank, but i enjoyed it on test so will get it regardless.

Besides, i think WG accidently leaked its HD model in their sound and physics video, so here is a hope for changes.

i hate mine now. took it out to day to check its dmg farm potential for the FV mission - sub 1000 games. worst of all my tier 10s today. ffs, my T28-F30 manages more than that on an average basis

Just now, TheMarine0341 said:

He streams most days it seems, both on the EU and NA servers

thanks for that

Poorly armored, non turreted TD's have been hit hard by successive nerfs and are rarely seen on the battlefield these days.

Waffles, JPE's, Deathstars are still quite common on ASIA.

268's are like unicorns these days, same for 263's but for a different reason.

Sold my 268 after all of the nerfs.  Crew just sits in the Su144.  Obj704 is better TD in many ways.  Better gun traverse, better MM, tollier armor, but generally slower with less HP.

rip camo sniping 900+ rolls from 300m away against other T10s

rip tds being fun

rip object dream boat you'll never be forgotten

I still like it, feels like one of the most comfortable TD's ever.

3 marked it, probably the easiest ever.

Dem, the alpha and heat pen nerf would have been OK if they let the gun handling and mobility untouched. It was such a nice medium. Just drive around medium style and hit them hard.  But now gun feels worse and it turns like a stranded whale. 

It has nothing to go for. Others have alpha, autoloader, armor, turret but this  thing has nothing to offer. 

9 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Dem, the alpha and heat pen nerf would have been OK if they let the gun handling and mobility untouched. It was such a nice medium. Just drive around medium style and hit them hard.  But now gun feels worse and it turns like a stranded whale. 

It has nothing to go for. Others have alpha, autoloader, armor, turret but this  thing has nothing to offer. 

^^ THIS.  If it kept the mobility it would still be fun/useful.  The mobility nerf was brutal.

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

Considering it was based on T-10(IS-8), they could buff mobility some. I wouldn't mind.

Otherwise yeah, whole tanks feels like whole lot of meh in 20ish games I played it.

As the rest have said it used to be quite mean before ye old great TD nerf. Now there is little point to upgrading from the 704. Tier for tier the 704 is a much better TD.

rip 268 

40 minutes ago, Treeburst said:

Well, it is still better than the Foch at least. Not that that's saying much.

And both of them should be much better than 4005, although that means nothing so dunno was this even worth mentioning.

I hope they do a T-10-like buff to the 268. Trollier UFP+ gunhandling buff+ mobility buff- basically undo all the nerfs except for alpha. And then maybe the gun traverse, because Russia bias XD

5 hours ago, Nekommando said:

I hope they do a T-10-like buff to the 268. Trollier UFP+ gunhandling buff+ mobility buff- basically undo all the nerfs except for alpha. And then maybe the gun traverse, because Russia bias XD

It's not the UFP that's the problem though - it's the fact that it extends to a near-vertical casemate and lacks the mobility to wiggle.