Stige

What is wrong with this game? What has changed?

What am I missing here? I took a small break and have tried to come back for last 2 weeks now and have utterly destroyed my stats in the process, I can barely average 3000 like once a week, most of the time I do pathetic 2400 or shit like that.

Wtf has changed with this game suddenly?

I think the density of bots/shitters has really spiked since AW, and prob other reasons for the good players to attrition, came out.  While not exactly to your point, I see too many matches with under 200 WN8's up to half the team. it makes for insane play. Maybe you are playing high skill tanks that need somewhat sane and stable teams? 

1 hour ago, Bullroarerr said:

I think the density of bots/shitters has really spiked since AW, and prob other reasons for the good players to attrition, came out.  While not exactly to your point, I see too many matches with under 200 WN8's up to half the team. it makes for insane play. Maybe you are playing high skill tanks that need somewhat sane and stable teams? 

I thought the understanding was that the wot shitters went to AW?  The best games are when both teams are shitters and you can rape them without your team stealing dmg.

Maybe you're not trying as hard as you used to?  Maybe everyone else has become better?

Funnily enough, I have been enjoying AW more lately than I have ever before. Weird indeed.

MEANWHILE IN WOT:
It seems like 90% of the games end 15-3 in either direction where you just don't have time to do anything.
Also the meta seems way more suited towards heavies than anything else right now. Well not even those with 3 fucking clickers in every single game.

Yesterday out of like 10 games, 9 times I got killed by arty and arty alone. That shit is just so fucking broken. Atleast it doesn't happen in AW.

33 minutes ago, Stige said:

Funnily enough, I have been enjoying AW more lately than I have ever before. Weird indeed.

It seems like 90% of the games end 15-3 in either direction where you just don't have time to do anything.
Also the meta seems way more suited towards heavies than anything else right now. Well not even those with 3 fucking clickers in every single game.

Yesterday out of like 10 games, 9 times I got killed by arty and arty alone. That shit is just so fucking broken. Atleast it doesn't happen in AW.

With that current event to drag people into playing AW I can agree that most battles are just landslide victories or both sides are so bad it comes down to RNG, and how bad they aim.

I'm still pissed about how they screwed over the TD's passive bonus, and gave it an activated skill that's almost useless.

Taking a break from WoT is like being released from being held captive by a sadist. Once you're on the outside you can't understand how you survived on the inside. When you get taken captive again you need to reacclimatize to your life as WG's prison bitch ;-)

1 hour ago, TheQuagmire said:

With that current event to drag people into playing AW I can agree that most battles are just landslide victories or both sides are so bad it comes down to RNG, and how bad they aim.

I'm still pissed about how they screwed over the TD's passive bonus, and gave it an activated skill that's almost useless.

Derp me, I was talking about WOT with that games ending 15-3 and crap like that, will edit..

I'm not sure if it's the amount of artillery going up a lot since I last played or they have all found XVM or some crap, I played a few games today on my E5 and WT4, died to sky cancer in like 9 out of 10 games...
Nothing else gets me more mad than this fucking rain of death that you can't do shit about.... Especially when there is 3 like every game, have fun dodging 3 of them, 1 I can manage most of the time but with 3 sky cancer, you just have to camp invisible if you want to survive.

9 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

ye, basically if you stop playing this game for a while you suck at it:unicum:

For me, just cutting my playtime from daily to on and off weekly dropped me from 4k to low/mid 3k ish recents a while back

This might be the case, I WILL NEVER TAKE A BREAK AGAIN ONCE I GET THEM BACK UP!!1111

59 minutes ago, Stige said:

Derp me, I was talking about WOT with that games ending 15-3 and crap like that, will edit..

It's not actually true though. Average NA & EU survival rates are remarkably consistent at ~30% for tier 10 and ~25% for tier 5, regardless of missions/patch/AW/whatever. RU's about 2% lower.

Triple unicum platoons will see far more one-sided games, but biased heavily in their favour.

I think I'll just keep playing this, the 121 is such a fantastic machine and not having to give a flying fuck about artillery is just so fucking awesome.

27192492a2.png

2x 0 damage IS-6 games in there because reasons, 121 was ~4200 wn8 for the day. I AM REDEEEEEEEEEEEEMED

3 hours ago, Stige said:

I think I'll just keep playing this, the 121 is such a fantastic machine and not having to give a flying fuck about artillery is just so fucking awesome.

27192492a2.png

2x 0 damage IS-6 games in there because reasons, 121 was ~4200 wn8 for the day. I AM REDEEEEEEEEEEEEMED

Oh dear....that XVM camo is real.

I wish there was an option for XVM, to allow me to have fake stats (red stats across the board) without having to play like a shitter.

learning the game is 20%

learning to put up with the stupidity of people playing this game is 60%

and the remaining 20% are learning how not to get killed by your own team.

only after you have mastered all of the above, will you be able to get decent numbers. a break typically drops you down in 2 and 3. and since those are 80%, your skill which is only worth 20% cannot carry you.