kestenovski

[EU] Looking for mentors / friends

Ok so, this is me: http://wotlabs.net/eu/player/kestenovski

I am looking to team up with players that are better than me... you don't have to be unicum or even close to it since i am not looking to be carried. I need someone who can help me develop game sense. When to be hyper aggressive, when to be more passive, how and when to recognize situation where i can do damage (i need a lot of damage since i'm doing the fv4202(p) mission!). 

I have 3k-ish battles under my belt and 53% win rate and dropping, unfortunately. I realize i can't win every battle but sometimes i feel like game likes to put me in battles where i need to put on my big boy pants and carry but i am not good enough to do that reliably so i am looking to improve on that front. Now i know that most people say that my stats are solid for 3k battles, and i tend to agree... i've watched a lot of streams, youtube videos and read a lot of guides, but sometimes (most of the times) in the heat of battle i forget all of it so a platoon mate who is knowledgeable can warn me about it!

I am looking to play mostly higher tiers (8-10).

I have voice comms and i'm not shy to speak.

Thank you for reading. If you don't want to platoon with me (or can't because we're on different servers) but have an advice please lay it on me! 

I can do some platooning with you if you want, I'm not great but I might be of some use and I'm also doing the fv missions. The downside is that I don't use voice comms and so all my communication would be though typing. You are far better than I was at 3k games (I was that premium excelsior noob that didn't realise you could toggle buying prem ammo for credits *durp*). The main bit of advice I was given was don't rush it. The games in which you have to go full zerg mode early on are very rare. Conserve your hp, do dmg and don't get shot. The more hp you have left when trying to pull a win out of the air the better. The second bit of advice I got was don't always think about having to hold flanks. If the team lemmings then it is far better to drive them on then to expect them to push of their own accord.

I'm sure there are many other advice gems out there but I cant think of them right now. Drop me a message in game if you want, no worries if not, ill be on sometime after 1 or 2 uk time. 

I'd be willing to 'toon up with you if you want some mentoring. 

I haven't used TS since I left SANTI and I'm enjoying mellowing out with music whilst I play, so similarly to @rabidmonkey679 I wouldn't use voice comms if that would be ok? I will turn chat back on just for you though! I will generally advise you where to go on a macro level, and you can observe my micro positioning. Obviously in thick combat I won't be typing lots, if at all.

I will also be playing mediums by and large, with a few heavies thrown in if the mood strikes me.

Add me in game. I won't be able to help for a while cos I'm playing on a potato with no TS, but when I'm back home I'll be happy to help.

Edit: I recently broke out of the same plateau you're on, so it's still fairly fresh in my mind.

Im also a potato, but always looking for friends, so add me too :)

4 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

I'd be willing to 'toon up with you if you want some mentoring. 

I haven't used TS since I left SANTI and I'm enjoying mellowing out with music whilst I play, so similarly to @rabidmonkey679 I wouldn't use voice comms if that would be ok? I will turn chat back on just for you though! I will generally advise you where to go on a macro level, and you can observe my micro positioning. Obviously in thick combat I won't be typing lots, if at all.

I will also be playing mediums by and large, with a few heavies thrown in if the mood strikes me.

You don't need to have chat on for talking with toonmates :P (thankfully \:doge:/)

8 minutes ago, Kolni said:

You don't need to have chat on for talking with toonmates :P (thankfully \:doge:/)

Oh thank god!

Since I turned chat off and they reworked the UC system I haven't been banned once. Life is good and marginally less rage inducing!

Sometimes I turn it on to rage at arty scum, but that's ok.

4 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Sometimes I turn it on to rage at arty scum, but that's ok.

I picture you turning chat on, then raging, then turning it off again before they reply. Like calling someone, screaming profanity, then hanging up.

It's ok.

1 minute ago, Research_Monkey said:

I picture you turning chat on, then raging, then turning it off again before they reply. Like calling someone, screaming profanity, then hanging up.

It's ok.

That's exactly what I do after the game. Open up a chat window, give them a piece of my mind (if they deserved it of course), and then add them to my ignore list.

This only applies to either people who taunted me during the game, teamkilled me or other dumb shit like not resetting the cap when they're on 100% HP etc.

4 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Some people deserve it. The spic in this game (e4..) tried to get the whole team to report me (lttb) for camping at the end of the game after he died. He moved 260m the entire game, I did almost 4km.

http://imgur.com/0aPfgZ4

Good luck with your platooning @kestenovski, you are in good company =)

thank you. we played some tonight but the teams were too bad, even snoregasm couldn't carry them :D

didn't help that i played apsolutely attrociously as well but i don't do well when teams crumble and fail early, that is exactly why i asked for help. hopefully i will be able to carry more than a couple of games when it is required of me soon enough!

If you don't mind a platoon without voice com, add me, looking for some friends to platoon with