predavolk

Like Minions? Getting better? Getting gold?

I ground out my 62A & 140, just firing regular ammo, and firing heat when I couldn't pen. Now, with most of my grinds done and credits not being a big issue, I could see going 50/50 split between AP & HEAT. That heat shell IS addictive.

Nothing like starring down an E100 on reload, and you just putting one after another straight into his turret.

IDK about 70% HEAT / 30% AP, but if you got the credits, guess you could. Tier 9's are money sinks anyway. Anything above 8 is potentially a money sink if you play badly.

Thanks to all the clans who came out tonight to fight us.  We had lots of fun, and even managed to beat a few blurple clans.  Congrats to all of you who got gold, particularly the last two teams who got to fight our "unique" line up.  _Marine, we fought both REL and VILLIN tonight, sorry we didn't catch you.  Lots of fun, so we are also very grateful (and this is a rare thing to say!) to WGing for the event.  We've already gotten a number of quality new applicants knocking on our door as a result, so it's a great win-win for everyone.

Hats off to the Minions and their subclans. A good bunch, good enough that I entrusted the with my kids as members.

o7 

congrats on the spotlight, well deserved.

13 hours ago, predavolk said:

Dmg for simplicity, but if someone can make a deeply compelling argument on some other metric I'd be open to entertaining the argument. 

The biggest knock on xp is that it is heavily biased towards wins, but since you are judging a carry that is moot.

it also offers a higher reward for performance as bottom tier, which can be gamed by fail platooning but that is unlikely to apply here.

The biggest knock is that it rewards close quarters fighting, but you could just as easily say damage rewards mobile damage farming.

i would just say that when talking about a carry, max xp is going to be a better metric.  You already announced it so might as well stick it out, but it would be interesting to compare and see.  Maybe prize for top damage and prize for max xp.

Best might be a ratio of xp or damage among the team but that gets complicated quick.

6 hours ago, stagnate said:

Best might be a ratio of xp or damage among the team but that gets complicated quick.

Well, for now it's moot.  We've got one replay. :)

1 hour ago, predavolk said:

Well, for now it's moot.  We've got one replay. :)

Yeah, these guys need to get on the ball.  I'm still waiting for someone to carry me as it seems like I had nothing but crap teams yesterday.  :nmad:

On 2/17/2016 at 9:01 AM, TheMarine0341 said:

The "Once Again..." really twists the knife there, friend... ;)  That was a fun match.  Good example of solid platoon play and synergy, too.

Also, regarding HEAT usage in the T-54, I use basically the same loadout that _Marine does.  I keep some AP around for soft targets and/or cleanup, but the penetration delta is just too enormous not to use - and unlike the tier 10 RU mediums, you aren't giving up crazy shell velocity to get the added penetration.

Sorry @_Juris, I lol'd a little when I read the title, but yeah, the T-54 is pretty awesome, it and the M46 are my keeper tier 9 meds. Watching the video, just burning Heat into the E-75, why wouldn't you want a lot of it, need to brawl and snap shot, bring the yellow shells,

Playing the Cent line has really opened my eyes on shell selection, I basically 2 shot a RHM with the 7/1 Hesh round and have been experimenting ever since. I have always carried some gold rounds, but hardly if ever switched other than running into a very hard target, but lately switching back and forth a couple times a game, depending on what is coming my direction.

It's official, the other replays don't beat Marine's (although another VILLIN got a higher carry on our main forums competition), so Marine you'll be getting 2K gold in the next day or two.  Thanks for helping to carry a Minion!  And it's nice to see a couple of VILLIN guys getting the prize as historically we haven't really interacted with VILLIN a lot (not a lot of M--Vs).