woobycat

Looking to get over the hump

Hovering at 1700, would like to break the plateau. Would appreciate some coaching up if you have the time. Working on mediums

Regards

Woobycat

buy a T-34-3.

That's what got me past the 1700-ish mark just 2 weeks ago.

Wonderful WN8 farmer, beast of a tank, semi (un)reliable gun, decent mobility, good enough pen, beautiful alpha. Just racks up the WN8 like nothing else.

umm, Im a little bit dead at the moment after church gc overdose but I would personally recommend watching some people who use peculiar positioning run around, a major mistake I see mediocre medium tank players making is limiting themselves to one area of the map just because it fits the medium tank mold.

besides that situational awareness and map knowledge is gud shit :unicum:

I plateaued at 1600-1700 for a couple months as well. Personally, I broke that plateau and shot up to ~2k by being more consistent and conscious (situational awareness, decision making) every battle - cutting down on the frequency my donk-out games.

But you might be plateauing for different reasons. Examine your own replays and think for yourself what you could have done better. There is usually something that could be improved. Then apply them in the future.

Pretty much what zap said, there's many opportunistic tactics and positions that mediums can utilize to win games. The 30 second countdown is just as important as the rest of the match, because you have to plan what you are going to do. Look at your tank lineups and their tank lineups and where to go on the map. 

Avoid any unnecessary trades in the beginning of the match if you can. Your HP is really important in the beginning of the game and losing most of it forces you to play conservatively and not do as much most of the time. 

Situational awareness as everyone has said is very important for medium tanking. Use that map and your surroundings to decide what you're going to do.

Watching better players play the game is really helpful for this, and I would highly recommend it because you can learn a lot. :frenchy:

I hope this helps!

Look for replay packs from players grinding their 3rd MOE in the Purple Poaster and Epic Pubbie Battle Boasting subforums.  You'll be able to see them play the same tank on the same maps three or four times to get an idea of where they position themselves in the opening game depending on team lineups.

Kolni has a thread of where he typically goes at the start of each battle for the various maps.  So look for his replay packs to get a better idea of what you'll see at those spots and how to deal with it.

Besides Kolni, I like Vetro, Dualmaster, and Joyrider.  They seem to post the most replay packs beyond just the RU meds and Patton.

Epic Games Youtube Channel makes videos out of the replay packs from the best players and adds commentary over it.

Overlord_Prime does excellent commentary on his twitch stream.  He's probably equal to Zeven in terms of teaching imo.

11 hours ago, woobycat said:

anyone to watch in particular?

I stream some interesting positions and stuff but will probably give your eyes cancer :eww:

and I personally found anfeild and foch to have the most positions that I could learn from.

I can help u this week cus i have break, pm me ingame and we can see wat times are good. Also i pretty much play tier 9 and 10s.

On 17/03/2016 at 3:05 PM, _Vibe_ said:

I can help u this week cus i have break, pm me ingame and we can see wat times are good. Also i pretty much play tier 9 and 10s.

I can do the same, but I'm not quite at Vibe's level (breaking the blue plateau atm). I'm running high tiers also. 

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:05 AM, _Vibe_ said:

I would appreciate any time you can give me...I will be gone this week, but perhaps next?

Thank you

woobycat

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:17 AM, zapyoug said:

I stream some interesting positions and stuff but will probably give your eyes cancer :eww:

and I personally found anfeild and foch to have the most positions that I could learn from.

Thank you for your help....The videos really have helped...I am actually trending upward now

o7

woobycat

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:17 AM, zapyoug said:

Thanks for your help, I'm going in the right direction now