Jump to content
hall0

Object 268 Version 5

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Spyshadow01 said:

 

Object 292 --  ~50 tons

152mm gun.  :>

There's nothing really outlandish about the relation between the gun and the vehicle's weight.

 

2 hours ago, Crossfader said:

The weight of the Maus has very little to do with the size of the gun. Dont forget that the Maus has 2 guns, the 128mm and the 75mm

But also don't forget that the Maus turret weighs 50 tons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too lazy to check.

Does this thing, in its supertest form, currently have the worst ground resistance values in the game?

 

1,726 / 1,918 / 2,493 is... not good. It's not necessarily going to ruin the tank or anything, but mobility sure isn't going to be this thing's best feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tupinambis said:

Too lazy to check.

Does this thing, in its supertest form, currently have the worst ground resistance values in the game?

 

1,726 / 1,918 / 2,493 is... not good. It's not necessarily going to ruin the tank or anything, but mobility sure isn't going to be this thing's best feature.

The T28 HTC is the current reigning champ, with the T18 being the highest right before it got changed to arty.

T28 HTC has 1.438 / 2.014 / 2.493, so the Object 268 5th Edition is a bit worse, seeing as the minimal gain on medium terrain is offset by being much worse on roads.

 

I'm not including arty in this, because arty doesn't count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don´t understand the hype, this literally is worse in pretty much every single way than the E4(which already is a very mediocre tank by itself) except for it having slightly better standardpenetration and having a fully traversable turret (which isn´t that big of an advantage considering its turrettraverse is worse than even the Maus and even an E50m would be able to circle you to death without tracking you)

In its current form its bad, i expect it to get buffed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Goldflag said:

Maus -- 200 tons

128mm gun

This -- 50 tons

152mm gun

k

The MAUS is also the size of a house, this tank (or any other tank for that matter) isnt

amaus.jpg

Or just see how the chieftain is standing inside the maus, he barely fits in those RU tanks, and in the maus he has enough room for the camera crew :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How to make Object 268 not shit:
- Bring all soft stats and gun stats from Object 268 and give to the 268 model 5
- Make object model 5 a regular tier 10 in the 152mm line

- Nerf the object 268 for 300~400 hitpoints, downtier to tier 9, still researched from Object 704

- 704 now leads to 268 (tier9) and 263 (tier 10)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- make regular 268 tier 9, nerf HP to 1500 - 1600, slightly nerf DPM to 704 levels

- make this thing tier 10

- make obj 704 tier 8 prem w/ derp gun, or alternative tier 8 like jpanther 2/ferdi (but no BL-10 to not make ISU obsolote)

Simple changes, basically.

Or...

- same for both 268s as above; 268 to tier 9 with nerfed stats, new 268 as tier 10

- drop 704 into tier 8. Many options for this one:

1. derp as elite gun, but with very fast reload (like ~4 rof). Imagine JP heavies, same gun option from tier 6 to 8, but at tier 8 you have significantly better gun stats compared to tier 6

2. keep BL-10 but with very poor RoF (~3 or less). 

3. give it something else as elite gun

- make ISU tier 7 with SU-152 gun choices

- make SU-152 tier 6 with 122mm derp from SU-85 as stock gun and then 152mm derp stats nerfed to KV-2 levels so its like stealthier, slightly faster KV-2 with better AP pen but in return lacks turret and has less HP. Remove HEAT for balance reasons.

- make SU-152 researchable from SU-85; make SU-100 lead only to SU-100M1

- probably make ISU-152 with BL-10 as tier 8 premium. IRL it was called as "ISU-152-2"

This would make two TD branches true branches, not just minibranches. 704 never had BL-10 anyway, btw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

- make regular 268 tier 9, nerf HP to 1500 - 1600, slightly nerf DPM to 704 levels

- make this thing tier 10

- make obj 704 tier 8 prem w/ derp gun, or alternative tier 8 like jpanther 2/ferdi (but no BL-10 to not make ISU obsolote)

Simple changes, basically.

Or...

- same for both 268s as above; 268 to tier 9 with nerfed stats, new 268 as tier 10

- drop 704 into tier 8. Many options for this one:

1. derp as elite gun, but with very fast reload (like ~4 rof). Imagine JP heavies, same gun option from tier 6 to 8, but at tier 8 you have significantly better gun stats compared to tier 6

2. keep BL-10 but with very poor RoF (~3 or less). 

3. give it something else as elite gun

- make ISU tier 7 with SU-152 gun choices

- make SU-152 tier 6 with 122mm derp from SU-85 as stock gun and then 152mm derp stats nerfed to KV-2 levels so its like stealthier, slightly faster KV-2 with better AP pen but in return lacks turret and has less HP. Remove HEAT for balance reasons.

- make SU-152 researchable from SU-85; make SU-100 lead only to SU-100M1

- probably make ISU-152 with BL-10 as tier 8 premium. IRL it was called as "ISU-152-2"

This would make two TD branches true branches, not just minibranches. 704 never had BL-10 anyway, btw. 

Im 100% sure WG wont ever downtier Obj 704 or ISU, and im also sure that ISU and Obj 704 will never loose their BL-10`s.

They are both ``legendary wot tanks`` and sort of balanced, IS-4 and KV were also ``famous wot tanks``, but incase of IS4 OP as crap for as long as it was tier 9, so it really needed the nerf, and the KV on tier 5 was overkill.

Same i really cant imagine the MAUS beiing downtiered to tier 9, with its old armor scheme it wouldnt even be that OP, tier 8 heavys pen its sides, 220 turret face is also not that amazing strong, and most tier 7`s using gold ammo also kill it. The reason its still tier 10 is, that its always tier 10....

11 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

I bet this tank won't be a regular one. We have no data about coming 3rd Soviet TD line so it'll be a reward tank for CW or new set of personal missions.

I guess reward tank for new mission`s, this tank wont be really OP or unique, but its a very nice tank to have (if WG can be bothered to balance it proper)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.02.2016 at 0:44 PM, Fabunil said:

I don´t understand the hype, this literally is worse in pretty much every single way than the E4(which already is a very mediocre tank by itself) except for it having slightly better standardpenetration and having a fully traversable turret (which isn´t that big of an advantage considering its turrettraverse is worse than even the Maus and even an E50m would be able to circle you to death without tracking you)

In its current form its bad, i expect it to get buffed.

The turret is smaller and there are no easy pen cheeks plus the tumor isn't gigantic. I expect a small buff but too much and it makes the e4 obsolete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2016 at 4:44 AM, Fabunil said:

I don´t understand the hype, this literally is worse in pretty much every single way than the E4(which already is a very mediocre tank by itself) except for it having slightly better standardpenetration and having a fully traversable turret (which isn´t that big of an advantage considering its turrettraverse is worse than even the Maus and even an E50m would be able to circle you to death without tracking you)

In its current form its bad, i expect it to get buffed.

THIS 

WTF ARE YOU GUYS THINKING?

ITS THE 59 PATTON OF TDS LOL

Also as long as it gets that disgraceful 268 Gun, the E4 will never be obsolete. How you guys never look at shell speed is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22.2.2016 at 11:32 AM, tajj7 said:

Doesn't this basically make the 268 obsolete?

268 prolly still stays as "fast moving" td. Despite all whining from peoples 268 moves pretty nicely still. Not as fast as mediums but can almost keep up. Gun depression buff is all 268 needs, bit more depression would allow it exploit lot better that really trolly and angled upper front plates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2016 at 2:23 PM, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

The T28 HTC is the current reigning champ, with the T18 being the highest right before it got changed to arty.

T28 HTC has 1.438 / 2.014 / 2.493, so the Object 268 5th Edition is a bit worse, seeing as the minimal gain on medium terrain is offset by being much worse on roads.

 

I'm not including arty in this, because arty doesn't count.

There are few tanks that have similar percentage loss on terrain on medium terrain.

1.5 / 2.1 on HTC which is 28.6% loss. 0.5 / 0.7 on Mutz which is also 28.6% loss.

Cheating at statistics :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw on The duplicate thread of this the reload was 20 Seconds roughly... Turret i know will obviously add on reload time (As with the American tds), but my question is do you all think the reload is a bit too slow? or needs maybe shaved down to 16-17 seconds? I know stats on the tank arent final but in my opinion 20 is a bit harsh. Looks like a great New tank though, i want it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...