BattleMetalChris

40k and other GW games

I'm surprised we don't have one of these. 

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/570/671862.page

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Genestealer cultists in a new boxed game next month! 

4 hours ago, Epic said:

Never got into 40k, but I love me some game of bloodbowl over at https://fumbbl.com/ and play man-o-war for 2 entire weekends every year with some buddies. And ofc the numerous other PC games, looking forward to TW:40k.

I loved fumbbl. How time flies though; my last game seems to be 6 years ago...

I'm about 2 months into a Necromunda campaign with two friends and I've really come round to small skirmish games. I used to play huge 2000 point 40k battles which would last hours but having a small squad of unique guys, who all gain reputation, stories, etc through playing is so much fun it's ridiculous, compared to squads of near-identical anonymous troops in 40k.

On 2/20/2016 at 3:20 AM, BattleMetalChris said:

I'm surprised we don't have one of these. 

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/570/671862.page

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Genestealer cultists in a new boxed game next month! 

A buddy of mine bought this and he's coming over in a couple of weeks. We're gonna spend the day assembling, painting and playing. Not that remarkable except it's a weekday and we're a couple of grown-ass men taking a day off to play with toy soldiers. 

1 hour ago, BattleMetalChris said:

I'm about 2 months into a Necromunda campaign with two friends and I've really come round to small skirmish games. I used to play huge 2000 point 40k battles which would last hours but having a small squad of unique guys, who all gain reputation, stories, etc through playing is so much fun it's ridiculous, compared to squads of near-identical anonymous troops in 40k.

Yeah, skirmish type stuff is really nice because it is so personal. It's like a great hybrid between RPG and wargaming.

10 hours ago, Kilpanic said:

A buddy of mine bought this and he's coming over in a couple of weeks. We're gonna spend the day assembling, painting and playing. Not that remarkable except it's a weekday and we're a couple of grown-ass men taking a day off to play with toy soldiers. 

They have the models on display (unpainted at the moment) in the cabinet in my FLGS, they are a work of art. I'm going halves on the cost with a friend, he's having the Spehs Mehreens and I'm having the cultists.

All I know is I have a bunch of 40K, Battlefleet Gothic and Warmaster models still new in the boxes. I was never good at painting. Now I don't know what to do with this stuff. Is there any decent forums where I can sell it?

You can usually get decent prices selling on Ebay. Those new-in-the-box Battlefleet Gothic models should go for a fortune, especially now the game is rumoured to be returning.

EDIT: For example: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC2.A0.H0.Xbattlefleet+gothic.TRS0&_nkw=battlefleet+gothic&_sacat=0

2 hours ago, Chryses said:

All I know is I have a bunch of 40K, Battlefleet Gothic and Warmaster models still new in the boxes. I was never good at painting. Now I don't know what to do with this stuff. Is there any decent forums where I can sell it?

i will buy all of your chaos battle fleet stuff. preferably not for a fortune >.>

On 14/03/2016 at 11:48 PM, BattleMetalChris said:

Just ordered Deathwatch: Overkill :D

Really looking forward to painting/playing them.

It came!

Holy shit, these are some beautiful models. They completely put an end to the snotty 'but plastics will never be as good as metal models' argument. These are some of the best sculpts and best casts I have ever seen.

24 minutes ago, BattleMetalChris said:

These are some of the best sculpts and best casts I have ever seen.

You need to get out more ;)

All kidding aside, the minis *are* very nice, and there's a nice variety of them; I think no more than two bodies the same even of the lowliest grunt. The best part though is that the game is actually playable and half-decent; I was pretty skeptical especially when I realized there were no LoS/LoF rules but it totally works as a resource management game (not all that different from regular 40k in that respect). 

To be brutally honest, I mainly bought it to use the models in my 40k games.... :happyfish:

But I'm looking forward to playing the boardgame with my gaming group too.

2 minutes ago, BattleMetalChris said:

To be brutally honest, I mainly bought it to use the models in my 40k games.... :happyfish:

But I'm looking forward to playing the boardgame with my gaming group too.

Well so did everyone else (or at least just to collect the miniatures). That's why I was surprised that the actual game was fun, at least for the couple scenarios we tried. 

Started working on my armies on parade entry a while back (I'm a really fucking lazy painter, I need all the time I can get), finished my first unit of spooky scary skeletons a week or so ago:

rbH9H7U.jpg

Photo quality isn't perfect, but oh well, I will get around to painting the bases later, once I've actually come to a decision on what colours to use.

2 spooky 4 me

Those are really good, you've got some great transition there between the white and the black on the bones.

How does the herald blow that horn? He has no lungs....

its actually something i have an issue with as all the modern skeleton kits have horns, they used to have drums though >.>