Jump to content
bobdaxx

What to do about this bot stickygreen0 30k+games

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, KruggWulf said:

You realize that the reason for there not being as many actually useful cheats in WOT as there are in other games is because EVERYTHING on WOT is done serverside and all the reasons many cheats don't exist is because they're simply physically impossible with how WOT mechanics work and because of being server side like I said before? The reason you can't aimbot people who aren't spotted or have a cheat that lets you see unspotted people is because that information is not relayed to you in anyway and tanks are physically unloaded from memory when they go unspotted/aren't lit. The reason you can't have infinite ammo cheetz and 1billion armor is, once again, due to it being server side and even if you were to gain access to these values for pen, reload, armor, etc etc, changing it would change it for ANYONE playing the tank you modified and not just yourself.

The staff who handle bannings and such play absolutely no role in this and thus they have their focus narrowed considerably as many cheats you could think of simply cannot exist on a server side game such as wot. The closest thing that we've ever had to deal with was when tracers rendered from unspotted targets who weren't arty and people had tracer mods that made giant colored lines replace the default tracer effects in addition to redball/etc that would put a big 3d red ball where the tracer came from an unspotted target and people could just sit back and blind fire where they saw them coming from. They changed the rendering system so that only spotted targets and arty if you are near enough to them or are looking in their square in artillery mode have their tracers rendered whatsoever.

 

Again, absolutely nothing to do with the staff who are responsible for banning people using such mods whatsoever. After knowing these facts, why it's so hard for them to actually review a ticket and see what is CLEARLY a fucking bot and permaban it is beyond me. The only cheats I can think of that currently are even slightly advantageous are tundra (the typically used one just makes all vegetation transparent when you go into sniper mode, which only makes it easier to place your shots through foliage and doesn't affect camo values at all as, once again, they are server side values. The other is the tree knockdown mod which puts a ping on the map anywhere something is knocked over, which is VERY useful and is probably the 'cheatest' mod of them. All of the aimbots that exist generally just aim at modules or attempt to aim at weakspots, which as we all know simply aiming at weakspots from ranges doesn't mean you'll pen until you have all the factors and player skill will trump these practically every time.

Most of these aren't extremely obvious unless you're watching someone's replay in first person. So again, please explain to me by not banning a program that plays for someone, albeit HORRIBLY, and drags down their teams immensely at the higher tiers especially while being INCREDIBLY obvious while doing so, that NA (Can't speak for the other servers) WG's enforcement team are doing "a good job". That's not doing a fucking job at all, infact they even did ban him for small amounts of time and apparently just called it good and he came right back, giving no fucks and continued botting and pissing people off.

 

Just because there are less cheats in a game doesn't mean the company is actually doing a good job keeping cheaters banned. A bot is like a cheat in the sense you're cheating your teammates of a tank that could be played by a person rather than a bot that plays shittily and throws the match. 

1. I understand the difference between server side vs non server side. Though you underestimate how much of a success is how much is calculated serverside in wot. What is more you underestimate the fact how little can be done with shitty macros in Wot

2. As for customer support. It's a different team on each server. I agree they suck. I just don't understand why some people paint Wot as the worst online game ever in regards to customer support and bots. It isn't. Bot's are a small fraction of the community. You have a higher % of just stupid people. So yeah the company is doing a good job limiting the amount of cheaters. Simply EU is doing a shit job since our server brings too much money for them to care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:23 PM, hazzgar said:

1. I understand the difference between server side vs non server side. Though you underestimate how much of a success is how much is calculated serverside in wot. What is more you underestimate the fact how little can be done with shitty macros in Wot

2. As for customer support. It's a different team on each server. I agree they suck. I just don't understand why some people paint Wot as the worst online game ever in regards to customer support and bots. It isn't. Bot's are a small fraction of the community. You have a higher % of just stupid people. So yeah the company is doing a good job limiting the amount of cheaters. Simply EU is doing a shit job since our server brings too much money for them to care. 

I think Bots are a much bigger percentage then you think.  You can see the sales all over the internet of botted accounts.   Here is a list from the HOF front page, these people played 100+ battles per day over a 28 day period.  I don't believe you can play that many battles per day without botting.  With 16 hours of play per day its 6 battles per hour non stop, 28 days in a row.  I can play more battles than that in an hour only if I get lucky with some short battles, but not hour after hour day after day.

 

http://worldoftanks.com/en/leaderboard/#wot&lb_tr=28&lb_of=battles_count&lb_cd=2017-1-25&lb_sg=all&lb_nick=SMBakerESQ

 

 

As far as cheating, it does exist.  I understand the serverside argument, but I am under no illuision that WG would spend proper money to protect thier servers and that talented people can get into them. I am always perplexed as to why you would use an aimbot or such stuff?  How is that fun for you?  How do you get the enjoyment out of the game?  How do you get a sense of accomplishment?  I do know some in the hacker crowd that get into things just to prove they can, but that's a rare motivation.

 

Same thing for me for the people that pay others to grind their accounts:  how do you learn to play and why do you think you could play that top tier tank when you get it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Smbakeresq said:

I think Bots are a much bigger percentage then you think.  You can see the sales all over the internet of botted accounts.   Here is a list from the HOF front page, these people played 100+ battles per day over a 28 day period.  I don't believe you can play that many battles per day without botting.  With 16 hours of play per day its 6 battles per hour non stop, 28 days in a row.  I can play more battles than that in an hour only if I get lucky with some short battles, but not hour after hour day after day.

 

http://worldoftanks.com/en/leaderboard/#wot&lb_tr=28&lb_of=battles_count&lb_cd=2017-1-25&lb_sg=all&lb_nick=SMBakerESQ

 

 

As far as cheating, it does exist.  I understand the serverside argument, but I am under no illuision that WG would spend proper money to protect thier servers and that talented people can get into them. I am always perplexed as to why you would use an aimbot or such stuff?  How is that fun for you?  How do you get the enjoyment out of the game?  How do you get a sense of accomplishment?  I do know some in the hacker crowd that get into things just to prove they can, but that's a rare motivation.

 

Same thing for me for the people that pay others to grind their accounts:  how do you learn to play and why do you think you could play that top tier tank when you get it? 

One of the guys on your list has 61% win rate. Can I have the phone number of the guy who programmed a bot that can pull 61%? So part of the crazy game numer guys are not bots. Still their numbers may be big but when you look at overal server population it's a small %. They should do more. They could just add a captcha every 2 hours of constant play or put some cooldown modes. Hell they could maybe insert a honeypot for the bots. There are many ideas I agree.

As for buying acc's - many people buy them when they know how to play. They are just too lazy to grind. This is the reason why people buy blue and purpl accs. I doubt they want to join clans and then do 46%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Acumen said:

And............ he is back.

 

The guy is mentally retarded he has already bought an IS6 that he bots in base.

This might be why they don't permaban him, but just keep wiping his account: he keeps buying stuff & fund the server, over & over & over again. The Ultimate Whale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UrQuan said:

This might be why they don't permaban him, but just keep wiping his account: he keeps buying stuff & fund the server, over & over & over again. The Ultimate Whale.

I guess when someone is this mentally retarded it is better to just keep them using the same name. Just when you think that WOT can't shock you anymore this happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I'm starting to wonder more and more if this person had some sort of connection to WG, hence why they are never permanently banned. Maybe it's a WG creation even.

I don't think so it is just a guy with more money than sense. If you search for his name it comes up in other game forums and he bots in those also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw him in a pub on East Server on Live Oaks, he went straight for the water and drowned. To be honest I think I prefer dealing with TanTan on west than playing with 14 players if I get matched with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:26 AM, hazzgar said:

One of the guys on your list has 61% win rate. Can I have the phone number of the guy who programmed a bot that can pull 61%? So part of the crazy game numer guys are not bots. Still their numbers may be big but when you look at overal server population it's a small %. They should do more. They could just add a captcha every 2 hours of constant play or put some cooldown modes. Hell they could maybe insert a honeypot for the bots. There are many ideas I agree.

As for buying acc's - many people buy them when they know how to play. They are just too lazy to grind. This is the reason why people buy blue and purpl accs. I doubt they want to join clans and then do 46%

ONE of the guys.  ONE.  Its certainly possible for a player to pound out a lot of games, but its rare.  1000 battles a week, week after week, is a person that really has nothing to do.  At 5 minutes a battle, its 83 hours of game play, so almost 12 hours a day for 7 days.  There isn't that many people that can even sit that long, let alone play that much.  The updated list below has one player over %50 out of 25. 

As far as buying for clans, some do.  Some people you watch them play and just know that they bought that account or something.  Most though are as you say, too lazy to grind.

The ones that get me the most are those that hire someone to 3 mark a tank for them.  You could just use a re-skin.  There is no accomplishment if you don't do it yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Smbakeresq said:

ONE of the guys.  ONE.  Its certainly possible for a player to pound out a lot of games, but its rare.  1000 battles a week, week after week, is a person that really has nothing to do.  At 5 minutes a battle, its 83 hours of game play, so almost 12 hours a day for 7 days.  There isn't that many people that can even sit that long, let alone play that much.  The updated list below has one player over %50 out of 25. 

As far as buying for clans, some do.  Some people you watch them play and just know that they bought that account or something.  Most though are as you say, too lazy to grind.

The ones that get me the most are those that hire someone to 3 mark a tank for them.  You could just use a re-skin.  There is no accomplishment if you don't do it yourself.

i was chugging out thousands of battles in a few days back in early 2016 with the rentals craze tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Smbakeresq said:

ONE of the guys.  ONE.  Its certainly possible for a player to pound out a lot of games, but its rare.  1000 battles a week, week after week, is a person that really has nothing to do.  At 5 minutes a battle, its 83 hours of game play, so almost 12 hours a day for 7 days.  There isn't that many people that can even sit that long, let alone play that much.  The updated list below has one player over %50 out of 25. 

As far as buying for clans, some do.  Some people you watch them play and just know that they bought that account or something.  Most though are as you say, too lazy to grind.

The ones that get me the most are those that hire someone to 3 mark a tank for them.  You could just use a re-skin.  There is no accomplishment if you don't do it yourself.

I get that they are probably bots. Was just nitpicking. Though it's easiest to look at stats. Unless the account is 100% botting you will see clear anomalies in stats like 5 or more % of WR on certain tanks or in certain times.

 

I agree about grinding for marks and stats. It's idiotic. Hell I'd rather get myself a XVM camo account. As someone who has a little side income by buying and selling those for idiots I notice a clear difference between a 50/55/60% WR accs in focus. Sub 49 accounts are glorious. People ignore you and even good players who use XVM just assume you can't do shit do them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy has done 550 battles in 24 hours. I kind of feel for WG in this instance. What do you do about someone who is as mentally retarded as this guy? He keeps the same name and bots for 50-60k games gets reset and then just does it again. Even if they banned that name he could just pick another. He obviously keeps spending money because he has an IS6 and t34 again or do Wg leave all his premiums intact when they reset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Acumen said:

The guy has done 550 battles in 24 hours. I kind of feel for WG in this instance. What do you do about someone who is as mentally retarded as this guy? He keeps the same name and bots for 50-60k games gets reset and then just does it again. Even if they banned that name he could just pick another. He obviously keeps spending money because he has an IS6 and t34 again or do Wg leave all his premiums intact when they reset?

They get to keep their premiums when they wipe the account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...