crapcannon

What's better, situational awareness or recon?

Sixth sense is the most overpowered skill/perk in the game and can win you more games.  Having the extra bit of view range is really nice late game, but I would much rather know if I am being spotted myself than being able to see a bit further even in a brawling heavy.  Late game, in a carry situation knowing if that last enemy has spotted you in a 1v1 or whatever the situation is is much more important than the ~6m-10m of view range you are getting for having sit awareness and/or recon.  

3 hours ago, crapcannon said:

So you're telling me that if you're grinding a new heavy skill, your first pick is 6th?

Talk about a thread going off on a tangent...

Edit: If you're going to start neg'ing people for disagreeing with you and thread crapping then I can do the same.

6th sense should only come as a 2nd perk if maybe youre getting BIA first... otherwise....first.

6th sense isnt for knowing your spotted when your brawling, its so useful for late game stuff im not sure why you would wait for it...

8 minutes ago, Hanger_18_ said:

6th sense should only come as a 2nd perk if maybe youre getting BIA first... otherwise....first.

6th sense isnt for knowing your spotted when your brawling, its so useful for late game stuff im not sure why you would wait for it...

Sixth > Repairs > Gun Handling/Safe Stowage > BIA

for pretty much every tank.  Now you can retrain 3rd skill as bia and have gun handling training.  Sixth sense is too much of a game changer to have anything else come before it

Then after all that you can go with situational awareness to keep this in line with the OP

So to get slightly back on track, trade Recon for Sixth Sense. Since you have BIA automatically, Sixth, Repairs, then either JOAT or sit aweareness. Arguing that 2% better vision skills are better than sixth on a heavy really won't get you far into the discussion. On one hand you are saying you use the tank to brawl, so you don't need sixth, but then why would you need 5% better view range with both Sit awareness and Recon.

kqxjSzO.jpg

This is how I have a 4 man RU Heavy crew skilled.  If this was a dedicated IS4/260 crew I would have commander trained on sit. awareness, but since it is my IS-7 crew which has an extra loader that is also the radio operator I have the commander with recon.

Also JOAT is awesome for when you want to drop med kits for food ;)

Yeah, SA is the only radio skill worth a shit - and its a pretty small shit after BIA, Rep, even Camo on a heavy is probably better than the other radio skills.

Oh, and 6th >>>>> all other skills.  At least a couple of times every 100 games you end up in a 1-2 tank per side snipe hunt on an open map.  Having 6th might not win all of those, but not having it will probably lose all of those fights.  Literally a 1-2% WR difference. 

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

You guys are fucking brutal. 

Till today the whole 6th sense first is news to me. 

Now that I know, thanks.

41 minutes ago, GymLeader_Surge said:

kqxjSzO.jpg

This is how I have a 4 man RU Heavy crew skilled.  If this was a dedicated IS4/260 crew I would have commander trained on sit. awareness, but since it is my IS-7 crew which has an extra loader that is also the radio operator I have the commander with recon.

Also JOAT is awesome for when you want to drop med kits for food ;)

Damn that's genius! 

I was wondering how a simple question could have spawned so many responses, and now I know. 

Peeple r dum. 

5 hours ago, crapcannon said:

So you're telling me that if you're grinding a new heavy skill, your first pick is 6th?

Talk about a thread going off on a tangent...

Edit: If you're going to start neg'ing people for disagreeing with you and thread crapping then I can do the same.

what is negging people for if Im not supposed to neg posts when people say something horrifically fucking stupid and wrong even if they think otherwise?:poi:

the bulli intensifies

Kinda related, an IS-4 with paint and full camo skill has the same camo as a T-62A without any camo.
Sit awareness gives only a marginal advantage over having a single guy with 100% camo on the IS-4.

6 hours ago, TheSovereign said:

Why are you asking peoples opinion on skills and then ignoring the advice of those better than you?

1: 6th Sense

2: BIA

3: Repairs

4: Either SA or JOAT (Dont have an IS4 to know how often crew members die

5: Whatevers left

I think JOAT is pretty viable since only way to reliably penetrate turret is trough overmatch, so besides driver - your crew is pretty safe.

43 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

what is negging people for if Im not supposed to neg posts when people say something horrifically fucking stupid and wrong even if they think otherwise?:poi:

the bulli intensifies

Actually if they had actually read the thread before negging then they would have figured out that I thought he meant 'pick 6th as your skill first' instead of 'pick repair first then when 100% switch to 6th.' 

But I guess when you have your head up your ass staring at your rectum I guess it's kind of hard to read...

Just now, crapcannon said:

Actually dumbass if you read the post before negging then you would have figured out that I thought he meant 'pick 6th as your skill first' instead of 'pick repair first then when 100% switch to 6th.' 

But I guess when you have your head up your ass I guess it's kind of hard to read...

"Edit: If you're going to start neg'ing people for disagreeing with you and thread crapping then I can do the same."

Just now, zapyoug said:

"Edit: If you're going to start neg'ing people for disagreeing with you and thread crapping then I can do the same."

I edited it cause I thought you negged me. Sorry.

Just now, crapcannon said:

I edited it cause I thought you negged me. Sorry.

I did neg you

I negged the post that said putting 6th on the is2 was pointless

it seemed like something neg worthy

5 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

1 minute ago, zapyoug said:

I did neg you

I negged the post that said putting 6th on the is2 was pointless

it seemed like something neg worthy

Fine. I'll neg you back tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, crapcannon said:

Uh no. Not in a heavy that you side scrape in or use peek a boom tactics and you get tracked often. Plus repair and large repair kit = not getting permatracked. 

7 hours ago, Flaksmith said:

Yes; grind up repairs or something then switch it out for 6th as soon as it reaches 100%, then train repairs again.

Also, it's fine that the thread is going off on a tangent since we are actually discussing something that you really should know.

At least you aren't outright refusing to talk about underlying problems unlike that @LuckyStarr moron.

Right here was where the confusion was sorted out.

And had someone explained the rationale for 6th first earlier we would be 2 pages into this.

Neg wars at wotlabs looks like we have finally reach an official forum level ;).

Back to topic: from green player level sixth sense is a must. I am always choosing it as a first skill or reseting for gold from repairs / camo after they reach 100%. So I would rather reseting Your commander and starts from scratch ;). And then more or less repair, bia, sa, recon. Joat and eagle eye are a little too much sophisticated for my getto crews.

But maybe really good players have other opinion, anyone?

Ps: written from mobile

ps2: not native english, sry for any mistakes.

Guys pls. Stow the attitude and no one gets a vacation... OK?

[Miros Approved - Official Stamp]

Edited by Private_Miros

Some of the early replies did seem a bit hostile... 

Ok, 6th sense as a first choice seems so logical that it's hard to understand anyone denying it's usefulness. But if the person doesn't get it surely it's better to explain it a bit more in depth like was done further down the thread instead of the bulli at the start?

Or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Flaksmith said:

wew lad

I go to bed and wake up to all this gay-ass shit. I think it's about time for this thread to be locked, miros?

Wow. you guys are wound up too tight. That was light sarcasm. 

Get a grip. Do you really think I care about negs? 

You negged over a friendly dispute. 

What's really sad is most of you just negged. You didn't even explain or help.

But it is the internet of tough guys......