crapcannon

What's better, situational awareness or recon?

6 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

I believe this place would be better suited for you:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/

Ironically they removed neg reps from there...

I wouldn't want to see this thread canned since it actually had some legit discussions, but if the rest of you are intent on shitting it up for another page or two, then the mods might as well pull the trigger now.

6 minutes ago, Flaksmith said:

Ironically they removed neg reps from there...

I wouldn't want to see this thread canned since it actually had some legit discussions, but if the rest of you are intent on shitting it up for another page or two, then the mods might as well pull the trigger now.

It was good. Tense at times but good. After it was explained I got what you were talking about and why.

Too bad people couldnt read past the 3rd post.

I thought people were supposed to explain why the negged on this forum?

Hopefully a mod cleans this thread up and leaves the good info.

Goin to bed. It's been a long 27 hours.

3 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

Wow. you guys are wound up too tight. That was light sarcasm. 

Get a grip. Do you really think I care about negs? 

You negged over a friendly dispute. 

What's really sad is most of you just negged. You didn't even explain or help.

But it is the internet of tough guys......

A friendly dispute? hardly. The way you responded to my second post was unnecessarily vitriolic and passive-aggressive; instead of politely clarifying what you meant, you thought it was a good idea to try to talk down to me as if I'm the retard because apparently the way you write is flawless and anyone who can't understand it must be stupid. Your next post consisted of you keeping up that passive-aggressive undertone while making poor assumptions and incorrect statements about game mechanics and such; and then instead of asking me politely to clarify when you didn't understand the logic behind my advice, you went and denied the advice of someone who is miles better than you and tried to back it up with more flawed logic, while STILL trying to imply that I'm dumb for not accepting your logic.

For future reference, if you don't want to come off as an arrogant twat, don't begin your posts with "uh, that's because..." since this implies that what you're saying should be common knowledge/logic, is undeniably correct, and anyone who doesn't know is a moron.

I thanked you for the info.

I was just called 'fucking stupid' a few posts back.

How do you handle that one? It sure beats 'uh'

I guess that kind of attack on a average green player get's a pass?

23 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

I thanked you for the info.

I was just called 'fucking stupid' a few posts back.

How do you handle that one? It sure beats 'uh'

I guess that kind of attack on a average green player get's a pass?

If you had been civil from the start, we wouldn't have had two extra pages of shit.

However, since you chose to be an arrogant ass towards someone who really should have been sleeping but instead took the time to try to help fix your knowledge of appropriate crew skills, you better believe the other purples here won't be very friendly towards you.

16 hours ago, crapcannon said:

Uh no. Not in a heavy that you side scrape in or use peek a boom tactics and you get tracked often. Plus repair and large repair kit = not getting permatracked. 

16 hours ago, crapcannon said:

So you're telling me that if you're grinding a new heavy skill, your first pick is 6th?

Talk about a thread going off on a tangent...

Edit: If you're going to start neg'ing people for 8disagreeing with you and thread crapping then I can do the same.

I wont bother bolding the "uh because" quote as its already been addressed.

Your replies were hostile, whether intended or not. Negging is part of this forum, it is what it is. Take it and move on rather than make a big stink over it. All you accomplished is getting more people irritated and negging you. You definitely could have worded it better. Defuse rather than escalate. So ill attempt to do just that.

So lets just calm down here and let it cool down and continue without just insults back and forth

Could have said: I dont use 6th because I am a brawler. 6th doesnt really provide any benefit in close quarter situations where youre guaranteed to get spotted anyway. Why do you suggest 6th?

And then gotten constructive feedback from there, instead of criticism and more negs.

Edited by TheSovereign

On a new note of particularly warranted concern, why are you opening entire threads for seemingly trivial questions, OP?

I find the content of your posts belong in quick questions/ answers thread because that is what they are, yes?

It clutters up this section unnecessary for really what purpose? To make a quick reply thread more pronounced in the wrong section?

Pardon my pedant demeanor but this thread has nothing to do with the meta game at all and it takes but the easiest effort to post in the right place for the sake of courtesy via not blanketing the more relevant yet intellectually interesting threads.

21 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

I think having unprotected anal with your boyfriend did that.

Or was it your father? Oh well. Only you would know the answer to that.

Joining the negrep because that was just stupid. Defuse, not escalate. Ignore the random trolls, it's the right thing to do.

21 minutes ago, Serene_Potato said:

If you can, why not both? :P

Situational awareness is better. It's not as if the radio/loader has better skills anyways, so sit aware always for the second/third skill.

You have to read the context - IS-4 commander is the sole dude that can train both skills, and given BiA/repairs were already shoo-ins, he had to pick 3rd/4th skill precedence.

General feedback is that Sixth Sense > either, with sit awareness next because 3%>2%. JOAT is a viable choice if you intend to run food (which iirc gives more vr than either sit awareness or recon).

How's that for a summary?

Spoiler

Edit: To summarize the argument of why Sixth Sense > sit awareness/recon, the idea is that intel on when you are spotted gives you indirect info on where the enemy is (a decent tanker can guess the range/location of the enemy based on where his tank was spotted).

This effect is magnified as number of surviving tanks decreases - often the enemy spotting you is the only guy left. This perk cannot be replicated, unlike sit awareness/recon, which are marginal increases that can be made up for with food and BiA.

So regardless of tank, Sixth sense is a tool par excellence in the prepared tanker's arsenal of "skills". You can disregard the advice, but you cannot argue against its efficacy.

Doesn't matter which tank it's for, ALL tanks require 6th sense as the commanders first perk over anything else.

As others have said, knowing you've been spotted is better in some situations than spotting them, especially if they are a light or TD.

Arty is the only exception, as they should either have BiA or camo first.

Its already been covered, but ill add to it.

6th sense>All. No question, its not even up for debate. There can be no debate, if you make any skill other than 6th sense your first skill, you are doing it wrong. Your doing it about as wrong as if you fired 100% HE. 

6th sense/repairs/BIA/whatever else.

Its a berlin crew? No problem. bia/6th/repairs/whatever.

Knowing when you are spotted is the single most valuable asset in the game. Having 5 skills and no sixth sense is inexcuseable. 

On 2/27/2016 at 9:40 PM, Flaksmith said:

What I don't get is why you are only now just getting 6th sense.

That is literally the very first perk I have on all my tanks.

Edit: fuck it. First on ignore list. Along with that guy that has aids and a few other trolls with nothing of value to add. No time for arrogant pricks who think everything about WoT is common knowledge.

40 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

Its already been covered, but ill add to it.

6th sense>All. No question, its not even up for debate. There can be no debate, if you make any skill other than 6th sense your first skill, you are doing it wrong. Your doing it about as wrong as if you fired 100% HE. 

6th sense/repairs/BIA/whatever else.

Its a berlin crew? No problem. bia/6th/repairs/whatever.

Knowing when you are spotted is the single most valuable asset in the game. Having 5 skills and no sixth sense is inexcuseable. 

What's the Berlin crew all about that makes it so it doesn't matter if 6th is not first?

This thread is sad - has WoTlabs been hijacked by the regular WoT forums or something?

Here's a message to the OP, so that you have some perspective:

1.  Wotlabs has long been a place where many of the best players come to have discussions, whether they be serious or just for fun.  Many of these individuals are intelligent, articulate, bright, and oftentimes young.  Also, people who are successful at a competitive area, tend to have strong opinions.  Many of them will have egos.

2.  The question you asked can be easily answered at the WoT wiki page.

Crew Skills in the Wiki

As previously pointed out, this is not a metagame question.  This is basics.  And after answering your question, community members noticed another (huge) flaw in what you've been doing and handed you the simple solution.

3.  If you bring up a question that has depth or is thought provoking, you will oftentimes get deep answers and great replies here.  However, here this was not the case.

4.  These answers are given freely, voluntarily from said members with zero compensation (whether it's money or any sort other sort of benefit).  In fact, by responding to a question, they (including myself) are investing their own time.  Some other ways that members invest into this community: streaming, putting up replays, or writing essays and how-to guides.  All of this takes time and a willingness to open up and/or offer their opinions - which they are not required to do.

5.  It is no one's responsibility here to make you to make you a better player nor to force you to have common sense.  That is your responsibility.

6.  You have the option of accepting this advice or rejecting it.  Instead, you've engaged in a sissy fit over the internet that no one really cares about.  From my view, your behavior is quite common and indicative of a stubborn, unimproving player, at a skill level that people here don't have much regard for.  No one is required to walk you through every little point, whether it's common sense or a debatable aspect of this game.  You figure it out.  All the information is right there, laid out for you, for free.

If your feelings/ego matter the most in this situation, I would suggest going to the regular World of Tanks forums, where they cater to that mentality, hence why people like Quickybaby are worshipped - because he validates their feelings in priority over the truth.  Over here in Wotlabs, people value reality, the truth.  Verifiable, empirical, debatable, relative.  The truth matters, or people will call you out on it.  I like that, so that is why I've been using this free resource for years. 

Oh, here's my opinion:

6th sense is the #1 most important skill.  Why?  Because knowing what my opponent knows is perhaps the single, most powerful aspect of any competitive game.  If you can't reach an understanding of that, then that is the end of our discussion.

42 minutes ago, joovenile said:

This thread is sad - has WoTlabs been hijacked by the regular WoT forums or something?

Here's a message to the OP, so that you have some perspective:

1.  Wotlabs has long been a place where many of the best players come to have discussions, whether they be serious or just for fun.  Many of these individuals are intelligent, articulate, bright, and oftentimes young.  Also, people who are successful at a competitive area, tend to have strong opinions.  Many of them will have egos.

2.  The question you asked can be easily answered at the WoT wiki page.

Crew Skills in the Wiki

As previously pointed out, this is not a metagame question.  This is basics.  And after answering your question, community members noticed another (huge) flaw in what you've been doing and handed you the simple solution.

3.  If you bring up a question that has depth or is thought provoking, you will oftentimes get deep answers and great replies here.  However, here this was not the case.

4.  These answers are given freely, voluntarily from said members with zero compensation (whether it's money or any sort other sort of benefit).  In fact, by responding to a question, they (including myself) are investing their own time.  Some other ways that members invest into this community: streaming, putting up replays, or writing essays and how-to guides.  All of this takes time and a willingness to open up and/or offer their opinions - which they are not required to do.

5.  It is no one's responsibility here to make you to make you a better player nor to force you to have common sense.  That is your responsibility.

6.  You have the option of accepting this advice or rejecting it.  Instead, you've engaged in a sissy fit over the internet that no one really cares about.  From my view, your behavior is quite common and indicative of a stubborn, unimproving player, at a skill level that people here don't have much regard for.  No one is required to walk you through every little point, whether it's common sense or a debatable aspect of this game.  You figure it out.  All the information is right there, laid out for you, for free.

If your feelings/ego matter the most in this situation, I would suggest going to the regular World of Tanks forums, where they cater to that mentality, hence why people like Quickybaby are worshipped - because he validates their feelings in priority over the truth.  Over here in Wotlabs, people value reality, the truth.  Verifiable, empirical, debatable, relative.  The truth matters, or people will call you out on it.  I like that, so that is why I've been using this free resource for years. 

Oh, here's my opinion:

6th sense is the #1 most important skill.  Why?  Because knowing what my opponent knows is perhaps the single, most powerful aspect of any competitive game.  If you can't reach an understanding of that, then that is the end of our discussion.

I appreciate your lengthy response. I came here because I heard the best of the best come here and to learn from them. 

That being said, I don't know everything about the game and I don't claim too. But I don't back down to a fight or an argument. Not even in real life. In fact, I'm worse in real life. Probably cause I have no soul.

If I didn't listen to what was advised here, then my IS-4 would still be running recon and sit awareness. But it's now running BIA, 6th, repair, JOT, Situational. And if I get some more gold evenutally I'll swap my most used heavies and meds as well.

Cheers. Nothing else needs to be said. It's all been covered.

2 hours ago, HS5 said:

I don't think you can drop BIA for Berlin crews? So 6th is still first skill you can pick.

Now i remember. My IS-2 and 122S came with BIA.

12 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

The berlin crew comes with BIA?

yea the Berlin tanks come with BIA already at 100 percent. Still doesnt mean you should do anything but follow the thing and select BIA right away. I think the BIA counts as 0 skill for your "second" skill trains at speed of a first skill too. Either way, I just train repairs as first skill on heavies, then retrain for 6th etc.

10 hours ago, crapcannon said:

I think having unprotected anal with your boyfriend did that.

Or was it your father? Oh well. Only you would know the answer to that.

I would haven't clicked on such an innocuous topic, but I had to know why there were so many replies  I should have known better.

My only surprise is that @crapcannon hasn't been banned yet. He's showing no signs of being open to rehabilitation. 

On February 26, 2016 at 5:21 PM, crapcannon said:

I have both situational awareness and recon for my IS4 commander. Along with BIA and repair (crew from my IS-2B)

However I just earned my 5th perk/skill and I picked 6th sense but it's not 100% yet (7%.)

Which should I switch for so I can give my commander 100% 6th sense. Sit aware or recon?

One should prepare for others to reject the premise of a question when only two of many possible answers are allowed. Criticizing others not focusing on just the view range skills is completely mute because the question was framed in very a specific context.
Personally, I would train BIA/6th/repairs/JoaT and forgo a medkit for food with an IS-4. You get better view range improvements than using a view range skill. Balking at such a response just shows immense insecurity. 

55 minutes ago, monjardin said:

I would haven't clicked on such an innocuous topic, but I had to know why there were so many replies  I should have known better.

My only surprise is that @crapcannon hasn't been banned yet. He's showing no signs of being open to rehabilitation. 

One should prepare for others to reject the premise of a question when only two of many possible answers are allowed. Criticizing others not focusing on just the view range skills is completely mute because the question was framed in very a specific context.
Personally, I would train BIA/6th/repairs/JoaT and forgo a medkit for food with an IS-4. You get better view range improvements than using a view range skill. Balking at such a response just shows immense insecurity. 

Not banned cause the problem is already solved. Great feature this 'ignore' list.

Are you actually 12? Getting defensive when everyone is having a go at you is normal. But you keep retaliating even though you're wrong and you're making it worse. Not being able to back down from a fight is goddamn imbecilic if you're outnumbered, outgunned and in the wrong position and that probably explains why you've plateaued in game as well as getting everyones back up on the forums.

This is not the official forums. Tolerance levels for stupidity and inanity aren't very high. If you can accept that you have learnt something and acted like an arse you may have a future here. If you can't then you're an in the closet stats denier and someone's going to turn on the Pity signal.

Don't be that guy.