Sign in to follow this  
Lockhart77

Homefront The Revolution

Having played the heck out of payday 2 and starting to get bored which makes me crave for another co op shooter and with The Division so far looks sketchy, thinking of grabbing this game instead. From the looks of it, seems fun and have more sploshuns than The Division and the gunplay aren't as arcade. And open world too, which is a plus, and seeing its Deep Silver is also a plus since I enjoyed Dead Island gameplay quiet a lot, despite the game story and character is somewhat comical.

Thoughts?

22 hours ago, Lockhart77 said:

and seeing its Deep Silver is also a plus since I enjoyed Dead Island gameplay quiet a lot, despite the game story and character is somewhat comical.

Thoughts?

INB4 your guns break every 5 minutes. :serb:

Homefront hasn't really grabbed me from what little I've seen of it. But from what I have seen of it isn't that impressive.

Sure it looks good graphically, but nothing fantastic. 

The concepts are all too familiar: open-world, weapon "customization", classes/roles, etc, and isn't that much special. 

The AI is dumb as bricks, and i haven't seen as much guerrilla tactics being taken, and it's easy to just go run in guns-blazing then run out and not fear pursuit or retaliation.

It needs to emphasize how much of a disadvantage you are compared to the Norks, just like a guerrilla, like if the longer they stay in an area the more dangerous it gets for the player (increased enemy reinforcements, tanks, gunships, etc)

I'll reserve judgement on the game when it comes out, but it's not going to be that high on my list. I can look for other games that seem far more interesting, like Escape from Tarkov and Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

The beta they had on the Xbox One was soo bad lol, tho the dev's did say it was a "OLD' build... I'm gonna wait till the game comes out and see people playing it on twitch :^) lol

I haven't heard a single bit of buzz about this game...

Looks like it fulfils a certain US power fantasy nicely though so I imagine it will sell by the bucketload :-)

Some of the screenshots are very pretty though. If it ends up being decent I'll pick it up on special. I already spent too much money on games this month (No Man's Sky and Battlefleet Gothic) and I still have to buy Killer Instinct when it comes out...