Ok, so, I'd like to post up some replays and ask for some help from the guru's here.

I did send a couple of test ones to the wotreplays email address on the ru server.  Although I did get a link back that is again, a WOT replay file, also in the message from them, it states that they don't yet support the version I am requesting??

Does that make sense?  What did I do wrong??

Tnx!

What you need to do is convert the wot replay into a youtube video; and there are a couple of programs that do it for you (with some tweaking), and then post the video link here. Noobmeter allows you to basically copy the wot replay for others to download into their wot, and replay it there. It does not convert it.

1. Make a new account on the EU server if you do not already have one.

2. Login on www.wotreplays.com

3. Upload replays.

Thanks for the reply's folks.  I had read here (I think) that it had to be on the ru site, and I did get an account.  It was where I got the note saying didn't support my version (even though it gave me links to my replays).

I'll copy the links here in the email.  Perhaps some of you kind peeps can tell me if they work for you??  And yes, let me give full disclosure here...

CURRENTLY, I DO SUCK.

Pasted from a reply from WOTReplays (guess I was wrong, they just can't convert to YouTube):

We have received your replay replay and saved it.
Here are the links for your saved replay:

20130805_1643_ussr-LTP_04_himmelsdorf.wotreplay   Please find attached to the replay:        
  • We have defined that you sent us a gaming replay of World of Tanks .
    Our system of conversion of replays into Youtube videos doesn’t support this version of the game yet, therefore we weren’t able to submit your replay for conversion.
    Most likely, the support for this version of the game will be implemented a little bit later. Stay tuned for our service.
    P.S.
    And if you tell us where this client can be downloaded, we will transform your replay into a video much quicker!

You can place your comments, wishes, thanks and other feedback send them to the following e-mail: admin@myreplays.ru

--

Best regards, MyReplays.ru

So, could no one tell me if this replay (above) was usable?

I'd like to upload some and get some much needed HELP!

Thanks.

Well, I'm not the guy to be getting help from, but I checked to see if I could load the replay and I got it downloaded and was able to view it with no problems. So, just be patient, I'm sure someone will get a chance to look at them soon.

Ok, thanks folks.  I will make a post tomorrow announcing that I'll be uploading the next 5 battles, with a screen pic of my "current" replay directory, and the updated one (with the 5)

Wouldn't want anyone thinking I was cherry picking.  Which, I guess, would be foolish to do, as advice would be on a fixed premise!

I was able to watch the wotreplay. My comments:

Why did you load gold rds at the very beginning? The first 3 ETs you destroyed could have been killed with AP. You burned through them and that cost you dearly when facing that AMX38. That gold could have saved you.  You and I both need to increase our tank knowledge to make better use of that gold :thumbup:

Next, I think you unnecessarily traded HP with that medium III or cruiser III (can't remember name, your 5th kill) You could have maneuvered to the corner of that building to your front left or angled better. You were angling beautifully against the AMX38, getting lots of bounces, you just couldn't pen.

On that AMX at the end... you did have HE, maybe could have used it to repeat track him, maybe kill some crew... anything to get an advantage and maybe get some lucky pen shots on him, while he can't move.

6 kills was a good game, sorry it ended that way.

Thank you for that!

Yea, I discovered that, as gold was fairly inexpensive in this tank, it was worth the risk to lead with it.  I actually moved it to first position in my rounds.  Prior to that battle, if I got a kill a game, I was lucky.

I actually didn't intend to use that battle to be critiqued, as it was an aberration to my actual playing style.  It turned out way too good.  I would love to play that way regularly, and that's one of the reasons I'm here.

Ok, so here we go.  I'm attaching a jpg of my empty replay directory.  I don't really usually save replays.  My ego isn't really that big :) !!

I'll post replay's for my next 5 games, bend over and take my punishment, and, thanks in advance for your critiques!

Dan

dges.jpg

Ok, 

First, I wish I had known that it was a x3 weekend.  My win rate probably drops by at least half on these weekends, and I usually don't even play, but I promised but not to ally the results of these games, they'e not "totally" indicative of how I play.

But, I committed, so, here are the games, all losses I might add :(  :

We have received yours replays and saved them.
Here are the links for your saved replays:

20130816_1129_uk-GB09_Churchill_VII_37_caucasus.wotreplay   Please find attached to the replay:        
    Our system of conversion of replays into Youtube videos doesn’t support this version of the game yet, therefore we weren’t able to submit your replay for conversion.
    Most likely, the support for this version of the game will be implemented a little bit later. Stay tuned for our service.
    P.S.
    And if you tell us where this client can be downloaded, we will transform your replay into a video much quicker!
20130816_1123_germany-Lowe_23_westfeld.wotreplay   Please find attached to the replay:        
    P.S.
20130816_1115_ussr-LTP_01_karelia.wotreplay   Please find attached to the replay:        
    P.S.
20130816_1109_ussr-LTP_05_prohorovka.wotreplay   Please find attached to the replay:        
    P.S.
20130816_1101_ussr-KV-5_06_ensk.wotreplay   Please find attached to the replay:        
    P.S.

After 5 games like this, the thought of unloading the game moves up the list a bit .

I am not qualified to offer you anything on your high tier heavies but I will tackle one of your LTP replays tonight. Blunt-ness incoming:

LTP Prohorovka - 

Within the first minute your team pretty much decided to turtle, and you are sitting in the very back, K line.  Nobody even tried to scout the middle ridge (E/F line). Granted you would have seen their zerg rush coming but at least you would know they are coming. By the time the first ET is detected on the west flank they have 5 or 6 tanks swarming on your team and you are down 4 - 2 

Get your binocs and gun into the game. They are helping nothing sitting way back there. Being a little aggressive may have changed the enemies minds and stopped the rush.... maybe...

By turtling you have ceded control to the enemies and can only react to them,  instead of making them react to you.

Prohorovka has great terrain to abuse, use the ridges and valleys to your advantage.. learn the map.

Read this  Marduk. Its a great read and a great mindset to play with.

When you start taking shots and withdraw, you kind of withdraw into the open. You were taking shots from the east flank, you also had a tank corpse you could have used for cover, so you could continue to engage any cappers. By cover I mean pull up right next to it.  I think it would have kept you alive a bit longer. The middle was over run though and your east flank was certainly not helping.

In the beginning you said rush = suicide. That maybe true, but you shouldn't be rushing to the flag in the first 30 seconds anyway.. unless you are a sui-scout. You should be trying to get information on the enemy though. Trying to get early lights so arty has some shots.. even if they don't take them, at least you will know. If you know the rush is coming you can pop off some snap shots then fall back to a defensible position and see how the battle develops.

Just a question, do you watch your own replays? If not I would suggest it. Analyze the crap out of it. Pause it when you are getting shot, pause it when you take a shot at some one. Look at the minimap and see what is happening around you. Use the free camera to to look at every angle, look at the terrain. Question yourself, why did I do that? What else could I do?  Where else could I be?

I hope this didn't offend you, just trying to shoot straight with you. I will tackle the Karelia one this weekend hopefully. Keep them coming and good luck out there!

No offence tanking my friend!  It is a case of coulda, woulda, shoulda, for sure.

There was NO coordination in the game, which isn't unusual in tier 3 games and the reason I did mention suicide is 'cause I see too many newer players (XVM showed the majority didn't even have 1K games yet), rushing to death and being little to no value to the team, so, it was meant to be constructive only.

Have to admit (as I premised in the post), these were exceptionally bad games, even for me.  I did have some later, wonderful games in at least my play.  Had some 1800* and 2000+ damage games, that some were losses and some wins, but I do still believe that the game is "different" during "bonus weekends".  Some will say I'm smoking crack, but it's my perception.

I don't typically watch my replays, but will at your suggestion. I'll also view the thread you mention.

I CAN get wrapped up in my own thing at times, and look up after a couple of kills, and a good amount of damage doled out to find we're down 3 and 12.  Not sure that I would have done any difference, even though I should BE the difference.

Still all and all, just with the few suggestions thus far coming to this site, I see improvement.

Thanks again.

Dan