breeeze

MBT-70 vs. VFM Mk.5

So with the 3k gold I got during that last event I can now get one of the T6 prems.

I was leaning toward the MBT-70 but I heard it has some easy to hit frontal weakspots and god awful dpm, and I don't really know anything about the VFM other than that I keep bouncing shots on those. I just need it to make as many credits as possible so I'm not sure which one to pick. Halp pls?

The MBT-70 is more effective at winning games because it's an MBT, but the VFM 5 is a better tank overall (except at winning) but it requires a lot of good retrofits and crew skills to fix the horrible base accuracy, aim time, and long reload time.
The MBT-70 pretty much always has shit DPM, accuracy, and aim time. The VFM can mitigate most (if not all) of those problems while being effectively autocannon immune.

I have both and I like the VFM much more than the MBT-70.

5 hours ago, Intumesce said:

The MBT-70 is more effective at winning games because it's an MBT,

Umm... I really don't agree with this. MBT-70 is probably the worst tier 6 tank in the game not counting cancer. Sure it is an MBT but it gets spanked hard by every other equal or higher tier MBT and is very likely to lose hp to lower tier ones too. You also don't have the view range for end game situations or the dpm to take anything down fast and you can only dream about beating several opponents if they are passive tomatoes who let you dictate the match. Clearly a support tank.

VFM on the other hand has even better tactical mobility, not that much worse armor (guess which one suffers more when taking autocannon fire?), workable gun and significantly better view range (if you want it), camo and dpm. This thing can bully everything that isn't an MBT and play around the MBTs. Oh yeah it also has HE that the MBT is lacking for those wtf-one-shots to paper stuff. This thing is a beast that can make things happen.

2 hours ago, Daroc said:

Sure it is an MBT but it gets spanked hard by every other equal or higher tier MBT and is very likely to lose hp to lower tier ones too.

I actually had noticed that before, I wrecked multiple MBT-70s in my T5 MBTs through the turret weakspots and shitty LFP which made me doubt the effectiveness of it in the first place.