Spanisharmada

Guide To The Aufklarungspanzer Panther

So, on a request that somebody wanted help with Aufklarunspanzer Panther, I will (try) to help him out. I earned 27th in XP Jager, but will do my best, so I'm not best Auf. Pantherer out there.

Contents:

• Contents
  • Equipment
  • (mad)Skillz
  • Play-style
  • Research path
  • Consumables
  • Map guides

OK, so the first section of this guide is Equipment.

1. Ventilations. This piece of equipment makes everything better. Spotting, camo, reload,and accuracy.
  2.  Medium Calibre Tank Gun Rammer. This makes your reload better. But Spanish! This is a scout! Not a med! Don't worry, I'll get to that later.
  3. Coated Optics. This is for ultimate spotting capability. So wait, is it a med, or a scout? More of a hybrid,I'll get to that later.

Skills:(Only first two, since I only got to the first 2.)

Commander: Camo*, Recon-

Gunner: Camo, Repairs

Loader:Camo, Repairs+

Radio Operator: Camo, Situational Awareness'

Driver: Camo, Controlled impact^

* To maximize camo, which means better passive scouting

^ 41 tons of steel, + maximum ramming effectiveness, you wouldn't want that anywhere near your tank.

' This increases view range, which means better scouting, which means better wins.

+ If you have used your repair kit, this comes in handy. Feel free to substitute with Deadeye on gunner.

- Like Situational Awareness, increases view range too.

Play-Style

This tank plays alot like a hybrid medium. Let's post stats.

Battle Tiers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12     Totals     Cost 1,360,000  12px-Credits.png     Hit Points 950 HP     Weight Limit 41.02/45 t     Crew Commander
Gunner
Driver
Radio Operator
Loader     Mobility     Engine Power 900 hp     Speed Limit 60 km/h     Traverse 40 deg/s     Power/Wt Ratio 21.94 hp/t     Pivot yes     Armor     Hull Armor 85/50/40 mm     Turret Armor 50/30/30 mm     Armament     Damage 165 HP     Penetration 118-196 mm     Rate of Fire 12.0 r/m     Accuracy 0.34 m     Aim time 2 s     Turret Traverse 44 deg/s     Gun Arc 360°     Elevation Arc -10°/+20°     Ammo Capacity 81 rounds     General     Chance of Fire 20 %     View Range 390 m     Signal Range 710 m

It's view range is rather lacking, as is it's armor. This means you must be as protected as possible. This is why I chose camo as it's first skill. It's ultimate camo, with 100% camo skill is(using panther, can't find 8.5 camo spreadsheet.)14. This is fairly good for it's size. Optics increases view range by 10%. This means it is 429 meters. This is also really good.

A useful skill in the Auf. Panther is Ramming. Don't pay attention to n00bs saying ramming is for n00bs. This is a 41 ton tank. Now imagine, it can do significant damage to some heavies. The gun, is the konisch. This is fairly good for a scout. The very important thing is to take advantage of angles, and openings in enemy defense. This means if a heavy  is distracting another heavy, pop out, shoot a couple of shots, go back into cover.

RESEARCH PATH

The research path that I took was as follows.

1.Engine

2.Tracks

3.Radio

4.Gun

Consumables:

For non premium:

Gasoline

Repairs

Med kit

Premium: Premium equivavlents.

Hope this helped, happy tanking!

I'm sorry but I disagree with 99% of what you said in the OP. Before you write a guide you have to ask yourself if your strategy works. Well, does it? I'll write a guide up soon but before I do that I have one thing to say:

Sixth sense is 100% a must on this tank and any light tank. Without it you will die twice as often and only be half as useful.

Edited by fablkak

double post.

Edited by fablkak

double post.

Assuming you use premium, we have almost about the same amount of average XP, (600 - 665), but you have more battles played, so that makes us about equals. This is assuming you use premium, if you don't, then disregard this guide, you can post yours.

P.S. My Strategy did work pretty well for me. Tanks can be played many different ways.

Map: Steppes:

map-steppes-1.jpg

A good spot here would be the bushes in the southwest corner of H2, just drive as close to the red boundary, then spot the moment you are fully concealed. This can work from both bases, but works better from 2.

A good spot from 1 is the bushes/rock on G4, which you can see some of their base and valley with ease.

If you want to play as an attacker(only recommended for tier 8, and some 9s, go around C9.

I'm sorry but I disagree with 99% of what you said in the OP. Before you write a guide you have to ask yourself if your strategy works. Well, does it? I'll write a guide up soon but before I do that I have one thing to say:

Sixth sense is 100% a must on this tank and any light tank. Without it you will die twice as often and only be half as useful.

Assuming you use premium, we have almost about the same amount of average XP, (600 - 665), but you have more battles played, so that makes us about equals. This is assuming you use premium, if you don't, then disregard this guide, you can post yours.

P.S. My Strategy did work pretty well for me. Tanks can be played many different ways.

Sorry, but I have to completely agree with Fablkak: 6th Sense is the singlemost important perk you can get on your Commander. Especially as a light/scout tank. The ability to know when you've been spotted when you're passively scouting, or when you've been spotted HEADING to your scouting location is a must-have.

On top of that, knowing that you HAVEN'T been spotted when you're in a bush shooting at a target is another humongous benefit of this perk. Many times I had fired off a round, thinking that I would get spotted. And many times I've been pleasantly surprised to notice my Light Bulb didn't go off, affording me 4-5 more shots that I probably wouldn't have gotten off without knowing otherwise.

As for the driver, I would probably have chosen Off-Road Driving to better help increase my non-pavement/non-packed-ground speed/acceleration rating. When you're actively scouting or heading to your passive-scouting location, this helps tremendously in getting you to where you're going.

My first two skills in my scouts look more like this:

CMDR: 6th -- Camo

DRVR: Camo -- OffRd

LDR: SS -- Camo (Or SA -- Camo for Radio-combo)

GNNR: Camo -- Snap (MAYBE DT -- Camo, but generally not)

Is the Awful Panther's camo gud enough to make camo a legit skill?

I would go BIA/repairs.

My source I usually use to find camo values doesn't have the Awful's camo values. The regular Panther's is 7.5%, which isn't very good.

Unless the tank is super camo passive scouter, aka Chaffee, I wouldn't even try with camo. Camo is so situational and map-dependent its really only effective for extreme cases of ninja.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie here, just re-iterating what the other posters have said, unless you have an outstanding record in a tank (unicum-level), posting a guide on said tank isn't a good idea. 

Is the Awful Panther's camo gud enough to make camo a legit skill?

I would go BIA/repairs.

Yeah, I'm not sure, I don't know the camo values on the Aufl Panther. I was just posting what I have on my WZ-132 and 50-2 :D

OK, I was just trying to help :(

Understandable and applaudable, but you have to understand that people who know even less than you will take your guide as a base-point to set themselves to. And if you're not at least decently competent in the tank you're driving, then you're just paving the way for others to fail. And you have a 44% in the Aufl Panther, which is low even for that crappy tank.

I know you want to help, and your heart is in the right place, but your skills and abilities in this tank just aren't up to par with the knowledge you need to offer that sort of advice.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie here, just re-iterating what the other posters have said, unless you have an outstanding record in a tank (unicum-level), posting a guide on said tank isn't a good idea. 

Mine's %57. It's a tricky dick, though I do enjoy playing it immensely. 

For what it's worth, even %100 crew camo + vehicle camo's -- which I have, because when the tier 8 light comes out this crew will graduate to that, where camo will be more useful -- does not have much effect on it. 

i.e., the tank camouflage obviously is not much better than the Panther-hull'd tank from which it is derived.

That being said, it's just enough camo to bleed off a bit of view range while you move, thanks to the light tank classification perk. Very... 4202 while-not-moving like. 

The tank is a hybrid skirmisher, flanker, sniper, and measured-risk active/passive scout. The gun is more valuable than the optics on this tank, to be certain. It's not gonna win much games playing like a T-50-2. 

Well, for what it's worth, I thought the guide was well written, and looked good. It might not have taken off, but I really do appreciate you taking the time to make it. Happy tanking, and my RNG be on your side! :)

EDIT: Here are the camo tables that I've been using since forever, they always update the values within a week or so of the patch, so yeah. A.Panther is 11,4 BTW. http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/187306-%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%85%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%B2-wot/

Edited by SilentKilla78

Well, for what it's worth, I thought the guide was well written, and looked good. It might not have taken off, but I really do appreciate you taking the time to make it. Happy tanking, and my RNG be on your side! :)

EDIT: Here are the camo tables that I've been using since forever, they always update the values within a week or so of the patch, so yeah. A.Panther is 11,4 BTW. http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/187306-%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%85%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%B2-wot/

Well written and looking good doesn't mean the information it contains is useful.

Apologies for necro-ing this thread, but I am buying this...thing... this weekend and would love any other pointers.

I have a 2 skill crew to pop in from my 2801 (which I have so far sucked in-but am trending upwards, possibly due to pure chance). Already have konisch from the 3601 and would love a few pointers. I am not exactly God's gift to lights or mediums yet and this thing seems to require pretty solid skills from both categories. 

50/50 AP/APCR layout? 

optics/vents/Rammer?

Should I ever be out in front?

repair/first aid/gas?

Should I wait until midgame to do anything other than support?

Seems like a fun tank, but would prefer if I wasn't lulz-meat for the enemy team too much. 

It's a really meh tank after the damage got nerfed, pulling off 1K is quite the achievement for me. I'd recommend using Vents, rammer (ROF got buffed recently) and lastly binocs or coated, although i'd honestly take coated due to this POS being unable to stay hidden.

The only valide thing about this is it's gun, which has a 221MM of pen with gold ammo, but when you see tier 10-9 do not expect to do much if the map is one that depends on chokepoints (IE:Himmelsdorf) as it is a tank that neither scouts very well (Huge size) or fights very well (Crap alpha)

BIA is a good choice to help bring this thing up against other tier 7 LTs, but you can only do so much with this POS. =(