Sign in to follow this  
Ukiah

Looking for platoon oriented mentor

I've played for about 2 years. I'd say I played about 8k battles before I even STARTED trying to get better. Reading posts here, watching youtube videos and various streamers culminated in my recents getting up to 2600 with an overall of 1650-ish. That was in October of 2015. At which point I found myself frustrated with every aspect of the game, including the people I was playing with. I'm in a clan that's focused on skirmish/tournament/teamplay. I've made probably in the neighborhood of 100k in gold in the last year or so. I'm capable of playing well and I'm capable of improving. However... when I came back in January, I struggled. Which is to be expected. My recent fell to 2k. And then it fell to 1800. And the last two or three weeks.... I have one or two good days a week where I can play at a 2500-3000 recent level followed by days of struggling to break 1400 wn8 recent. My winrate is down, my wn8 is down and my confidence is down. Some of my problem has been grinding missions for crew/tanks or event accomplishments. I also started grinding some arty for tier 6/8/10 SH and what little bit of CW my clan does. I've effectively played on tilt for a large part of the last 1000 battles. A lot of this should be under my control, but I find that if I solo play, I struggle to control my temper. When I play with a platoon mate, I'm more circumspect and I can look objectively at what I did wrong or what I should've done differently.

I need a mentor. I need someone who'll platoon with me and helpfully point out when I'm being too aggressive or not aggressive enough. I DON'T need someone to carry me. I want to GET BETTER. I'm capable of it, I just need a steadying influence. Normally, yes, this would be something you'd find in your clan. However, my clan is very active in skirmishes and that's about it. They rarely play pub matches. Actually, most of them are playing other games at this point.

Oh, sorry. Should've included that. Derp.

I'm NA server, CST. I'm usually on in the evenings usually starting around 8pm CST and I go until midnight unless I'm having a bad night.

10 minutes ago, flare_phoenix said:

Sure, if you think I could help you. 

Actually, that'd be awesome. I know you've been playing with Spaz a lot. He and I are probably very similar skill wise.

I'm on a CEST time schedule, but if you see me/ I see you on, I would be glad to platoon and give some pointers. I typical can't use TS and will type furiously after matches and explain things then.

I am on sometimes, during that time, PM me and introduce yourself and we can get you on TS. TBH inconsistency is something that I have trouble with as well, one of the best traits you can learn is when to quit after two bad games in a row, take a break for an few hours. If you choose to play WoT, pick 1-3 tanks to focus on that evening. Play at max 5 games before taking a 10 minute break, have a cold beer and relax, stay hydrated and keep your body happy. There are alot of factors to consider to perform consistently at a high level. Also pick small goals to achieve that stair-step to a big goal, for example my big hairy goal at one time was to get unicum overall, along the way I chose to get a 3k recent as a near term goal. Now my goal is super unicum overall and a 3.6k recent and eventually 4k. Just keep pushing, you will get there :awyeah:      

I can platoon with u for like 30-1hr sessions if u want, and what tiers are u gonna play? cus i mostly play tier 9 and 10s.