ToshibaTheFriendlyZombie

FV4202(P) post "buff" thoughts?

I've suffered through a dozen or so games of testing since the "buff", and this tank is completely, unequivocally, shit. It mixes aspects of both heavy and medium tanks and ends up being useless in both roles. It's shit at being a medium because it's slow as fuck and has bad handling, it's shit at being a heavy because its armor only works against lower tier tanks and/or when in a higher ground position. It's horrible.

The strangest bit about the fv4202p remake was that it came out around the same time as the chieftain/t95 CW tank was released, and they didn't appear even a 'nerf/buff' comparison. It appeared the chief was pretty much better in every respect.

But i've driven neither, so grain of salt and all.

I laugh every time i play this tank. Its usually a few seconds after the match starts, when I'm being overtaken by every Russian TD in the game.

What were they thinking?

33 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

I laugh every time i play this tank. Its usually a few seconds after the match starts, when I'm being overtaken by every Russian TD in the game.

What were they thinking?

"They got on our nerves so much about this tank, so we'll give it to them, but we'll make it complete garbage to get revenge!", I'd guess.

On 8/10/2016 at 7:52 AM, Ezz said:

The strangest bit about the fv4202p remake was that it came out around the same time as the chieftain/t95 CW tank was released, and they didn't appear even a 'nerf/buff' comparison. It appeared the chief was pretty much better in every respect.

But i've driven neither, so grain of salt and all.

I have both and they are both trash.

There is zero point playing either over somerthing like a Mutz or Patton KR, or obviously the new Skorpion which basically craps over all soft meds.

Both need a substantial gun handling buff and a DPM buff (chieftain also need view range buff to compensate for that giant cupola, that turd on top and still has 380m view range, yeh gg).

Considering the FV goes 35kph, it needs something stand out and I think that should be absurd DPM.

They should give it a base DPM of like 2.5k - 2.6k. 

Oh, I found a nice skin for it that is way better than WG's model so it now at least looks good - http://www.milkym4n.com/modshop/category/remodels/page/3/

Needs hyper awareness in this tank, and corridor hull down maps. 

The gun isnt terrible, but it really has nothing going for it. Cdc gets speed, mutz gets some armor over Cdc, t54 proto gets armor, Patton KR gets gun depression and a turret. I feel Jesse described this tank perfectly.

Either a speed boost or a rof buff would work wonders. At least it looks cool. I want to play the tank, but due to such turd stats, I refuse. Pref mm? Maybe... but imagine getting slammed by t-34-3's *shudder. Also at prefer tier 8... what's this tank have over the super p?

The more I play this tank the more I like it.  I use a gld to make my reload faster.  The AP pen in this thing is amazing . I try to hull down as much as I can in it.   Some how in 71 games I have a 64.79% winrate.   Which is uber good for me

1 hour ago, SmalltalkJava said:

I use a gld to make my reload faster.

You mean aiming, right?

1 hour ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Some how in 71 games I have a 64.79% winrate.   Which is uber good for me

Play 200 games to see real WR. 

34 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

You mean aiming, right?

Play 200 games to see real WR. 

Yes you are correct.   I get the equipment confused.  I run the GLD for aim time increase and Rammer for faster reload.  I get the equipment names mixed up.    With those pieces of equipment the tank feels more comfortable.

It is the 226 iirc pen on the AP rounds that i absolutely love.

4 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Yes you are correct.   I get the equipment confused.  I run the GLD for aim time increase and Rammer for faster reload.  I get the equipment names mixed up.    With those pieces of equipment the tank feels more comfortable.

It is the 226 iirc pen on the AP rounds that i absolutely love.

Drop the GLD, use a vertical stabilizer to improve the accuracy. Helps a metric fuckton more than a GLD. Also, Optics. Rammer, VStab and Optics and if you are not into vision-games, go for Rammer, VStab and Ventilation.

And, sorry in advance, not wanting to be a complete arsehole to you, but running in platoons drastically tilts winrates and with an average damage of 909 per game, I really doubt your winrate is caused by your performance. If you enjoy the tank, go for it and keep enjoying it though. The gun allows it to do some good, it's just everything else about the tank, that ruins it completely and makes it inferior to almost everything else on the tier. But as said (by someone who played the Black Prince for 661 matches and the ARL 44 for 725 times) if you enjoy it, keep enjoying it in spite of what everyone tells you. ;)

For the record: T29s and Tiger Is are shit! Black Prince Power! 8) And praised be SerB, if they ever increase the RoF of the 17-pounder or add the 20-pounder and the Centurion-turret as an upgrade, as was projected in reality.

IMO WG just hate the whole British tree really.  The FV4202 doesn't have anything over any of its competitors apart from +10 pen and 1% camo.  Alpha is bad, dpm is bad, usual british dispersion, mobility is bad, even the turret isn't modelled correctly so its paper outside of extreme situations that barely happen.  The only good parts of the tree are the Cromwell, with the speed limiter removed and a prototype mounted gun, and the end of the tree.

I mean look at most of the Premiums WG have for the British. 90% are laughably bad.  Meanwhile you look at other nations, and at least 50% of their premiums are considered "must-haves"

What kills this tank more than anything else is actually the shell cost, I can deal with bad tanks if they at least make money, but having 20k+ ammo cost after a game just shits on earnings. A game with 3400 combined damage just barely broke 100k with SH credit bonus.

I have tried this again and this tank is still very bad. It can only scavenge damage and play ridgelines moderately effectively. It can´t take hits and even turret placement is awkward making you expose too much front before you are able to shoot. 

However this tank could have interesting gameplay if it would be tier7. Keep the pen, bad gun handling and armor layout and mobility, lessen the hitpoints and you would have a interesting unique playstyle tier7 premium "medium". 230 alpha there would be OK and 226 pen would be great and could hurt most tier8 and 9 opponents frontally. It wouldn´t be too OP against tier6 and 5 since it doesn´t have insane alpha anyway like some other tier7 tanks with 300+ and armor only works at perfect angles.

The speed buffs to the FV4202, and the centurions in general, don't do enough, and (I believe) the wrong direction they should have taken them.

And also, after playing a few games, the FV4202 isn't going to be zooming around unless it gets other mobility buffs. Most of the time on flat ground, I hover around 40, or just above it.