ToshibaTheFriendlyZombie

FV4202(P) post "buff" thoughts?

Just had a full tier 8 game in Murovanka. Total loss in many ways. Got 10 shots out with FV4202, 5 hit, ONE penetrated. ONE and only full tier 8 game. And this tank should have 226 AP pen. It was all miss this, critical hit that. So frustrating.

And this was not the first time of just not being able to penetrate things eventhough you have good pen on paper. I remember a game a while back with 25 shots, 17 hits and 5 pens. Must be something to do with this total derpiness of the gun.

The turret and mobility buffs are OK and you can feel them but the gun just makes u wanna throw your keyboard out of the window.

Edited by TohtoriP
On 11/10/2017 at 2:13 PM, TohtoriP said:

Just had a full tier 8 game in Murovanka. Total loss in many ways. Got 10 shots out with FV4202, 5 hit, ONE penetrated. ONE and only full tier 8 game. And this tank should have 226 AP pen. It was all miss this, critical hit that. So frustrating.

And this was not the first time of just not being able to penetrate things eventhough you have good pen on paper. I remember a game a while back with 25 shots, 17 hits and 5 pens. Must be something to do with this total derpiness of the gun.

The turret and mobility buffs are OK and you can feel them but the gun just makes u wanna throw your keyboard out of the window.

I just had this happen at the end of the game for three shots on tanks that were capping our base.  All game long I was a God controlling, and winning, the game ... we were up in tanks, but nobody on the team was trying to make it back to our base.  I was top tier, and did make it there ... and bounced the shit out of everything that I needed to damage.

Over 3,000 damage that game, but none when I needed  it the most, lol.

Next time I'll try the HE shells I guess.  

Personally, I've gone to this as one of my goto credit grinders.  Reasonable mobility, solid turret, good VR, excellent accuracy and pen (for the tier) on the base ammo.  It's not great (it's a t8 med), but it's capable of being pretty consistent, and I've moved to this from M46 KR for my t8 credit work.

On 5.11.2017 at 7:00 AM, breeeze said:

CDC can definitely keep up with the FV but I would still give it the edge because 300 more dpm. The gun that is, not the tank.

This is better than the CDC. If the CDC had better ground resistances and turned like a light I'd argue but this at least can bounce something. 

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

This is better than the CDC. If the CDC had better ground resistances and turned like a light I'd argue but this at least can bounce something. 

Last sentence is important, the gun is better on the CDC, if you really wanna call it "better", because same bloom, +10 alpha and actually competitive dpm. The platform is obviously way way worse.

9 minutes ago, breeeze said:

Last sentence is important, the gun is better on the CDC, if you really wanna call it "better", because same bloom, +10 alpha and actually competitive dpm. The platform is obviously way way worse.

Same bloom + faster tank so it's a bit of a problem. FV would actually be a decent platform if the gun handling was strong but thats not a british med thing

btw. I love how the stats are back and it displays "recent wr" on an account that was banned 5 years ago and there was another with the same name since...

What's weird is this thing is actually good for frontline. Its armor is really good against same tier tanks if you stick to hilly terrain thanks to lots of auto bounce angles, its cross country speed is good to get around, pen does the job, pretty agile. Gun handling could be better for long range, but the accuracy is good.

10 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

What's weird is this thing is actually good for frontline. Its armor is really good against same tier tanks if you stick to hilly terrain thanks to lots of auto bounce angles, its cross country speed is good to get around, pen does the job, pretty agile. Gun handling could be better for long range, but the accuracy is good.

Cent 5/1 is better since it can pretty much lock down an entire cap by itself

On 5/28/2020 at 4:48 AM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

What works for Frontline and Random is really strange. LT432 is not as good since the games are way more about frontal facing damage farming and less about spots and finding good crossfires. Yes you can flex and fast cap like in EBR but imho progetto can too and it will do dmg at the same time. 

FV4202/Patriot are 2 tanks I hate for pubs but love in Frontline. Renegade works in both versions amazingly. WZ120TD is situational. Some games are amazeballs, some are garbage. 

On 5/28/2020 at 3:18 PM, lavawing said:

Cent 5/1 is better since it can pretty much lock down an entire cap by itself

True though 4202 is not that bad now. 

23 hours ago, hazzgar said:

FV4202/Patriot are 2 tanks I hate for pubs but love in Frontline. Renegade works in both versions amazingly. WZ120TD is situational. Some games are amazeballs, some are garbage. 

Second that about the Renegade. The midgame farm that thing can make happen is insane especially when everyone else is busy playing objectives and you just lase them with APCR

On 6/2/2020 at 10:48 AM, lavawing said:

Second that about the Renegade. The midgame farm that thing can make happen is insane especially when everyone else is busy playing objectives and you just lase them with APCR

I think a lot of marginal armour tanks ("good" against same tier, poor against higher ones) really shine in frontlines. But either way, the FV4202 fairs a lot better in frontlines than it does in pubs.

Have to say, i was a little surprised at how little armor the turret has. It really isn't bouncing much in pubs.

On 6/11/2020 at 12:41 AM, Ogopogo said:

I think a lot of marginal armour tanks ("good" against same tier, poor against higher ones) really shine in frontlines. But either way, the FV4202 fairs a lot better in frontlines than it does in pubs.

there are some heavyweights that are clearly not meant to be balanced versus same tiers, but they are mostly unable to flex

the real benefactors in this game mode are tanks that normally would be balanced by having inconsistent armour/large weakspots, but because of the engagement distances and lower pen across the board suddenly become armoured as well as fast

One of the things that hasn't been mentioned is that the FV is a small tank and FL maps are quite a bit larger than pubs. 

Post equipment 2.0 thoughts? I really like the idea of turboboosting this to 55 kmh, but I have hard time justifying dropping VertStab, Rammer, or Optics. Maybe optics if I was running food, but then what's the point of making this my moneymaker?

Definitely would keep the ol' Rammer/Vstab/Optics, I don't think turbocharger makes sense here. The only thing the 4202 has going for it is a comfy view range/camo combo. At least it can pretend to be a really shitty UDES 14 with optics.

8 hours ago, Caomhanach said:

Post equipment 2.0 thoughts? I really like the idea of turboboosting this to 55 kmh, but I have hard time justifying dropping VertStab, Rammer, or Optics. Maybe optics if I was running food, but then what's the point of making this my moneymaker?

anything with more than 45 kph gets little out of turbo except 268/4 and reverse speed memes

Don't ever think about dropping vstab, the bloom is just so horrendous. I finished 3-marking it a little while ago, and I doubt I would change the equipment at all, though I haven't really looked at the new equip.

I disagree. The 4202 is hard capped for speed and turbo makes it actually behave like a medium. I dropped vents (my third module) for turbo.