ThomChen114

how was i top by EXP?

http://wotreplays.com/site/2540521#mountain_pass-thomchen114-amx_13_90

Can someone explain how i manage to be top of the team by EXP with my result? A tier X match, I didn't do that much damage (10th) nor spotting damage, and yet there i am. is it because i'm a tier 8 LT so i get more out of it? do those 3 kills add anything?

As a tier 8 in a tier 10 match, you're getting bonus XP for anything you do against higher tier opponents. Because scouts always see higher tiers, it's fairly easy to get top XP in them as long as you do anything useful. From personal observation, I believe killing tanks 2 tiers higher than you is a considerable XP boost.

It's slightly odd because the bat was the only 10 you did anything to, but looking at the team results, nobody did anything particularly stellar in that game, so everyone in the match has fairly low XP.

Enemy team HP pool was rather low for this tier (this is what happens when MTs and TDs rule the game) so your 876dmg and 886 dmg after spot was in fact a big part of this pool (for LT of course). Also your allies didn't play well or non of them was a battle hero (nobody was carrying) so they managed to score average dmg. Last but not least 3 frags boost exp like crazy.

aye especially since as someone in-game pointed out that we had 8 tier X tanks vs their 5 tier X tanks meant they were not feeling so confident about their chances of winning

which also meant there was less EXP for us to farm on as a result.