Hey guys, I am currently trying to build my first PC. I honestly have very little experience with this topic and have no existing parts to work with.  My budget for the computer itself is probably somewhere between 800-1000 US dollars.  World of Tanks is pretty much the only game I play since I own a PS4 for most of my big title games.  I would really appreciate some help with some parts compatibility and specifics on what is better and why.  

Do you need anything else outside of the actual components? 

Mouse, keyboard + Screen etc?

paging @Folterknecht @Shade421 

I'm not that good with PCs but can highly recommend the GTX 970 graphics card, runs WoT on almost maxed settings with good FPS and isn't too pricy for a graphics card 

Need everything, but I can find all the accessories with discounts and such.  Mainly looking for the pc aspect for that price.  The rest will follow.  Thanks for asking!

Too lazy to go to newegg and build a shopping cart but I'd guess GTX 970 gpu with 120-250GB SSD, AMD FX6300/8350. AMD 990FX chipset mobo, 8GB RAM. Case and cpu cooler of choice and decent 650w+ psu is what you can look at in that range.

Budget it too stiff to go for intel CPU or DDR4 shit. AMD gives more overhead for simple OC and performance/$

Funny thing, playing at max settings while streaming with my FX6300 :popcorn:

Edit: I'm running FX6300@4.6GHz, 8GB RAM, SSD and R9 290 4GB OC. Runs all this shit just fine

Noone should ever run a FX6300@3.5 it's a crime :frenchy:

But anyways I missread the 1st post and thought you where going to play WoT and other big title games on this PC. Seeing as reading it again ur only playing wot. :damn:

@Folterknecht is right Intel works better with WoT since the game engine is from strong ancient soviet republic and single core is all that matters. 

So basicly i5-4440+ any Z97 mobo, 8GB RAM, SSD, GTX970

I also would rather not drill holes throughout my appartment to reach a hard connection so a wifi motherboard will probably be the way to go for me.  

Well as of right now I am just looking for a solid build with the potential for upgrades in the future.  I do run other quirky games such as Dota, Don't starve together, civ 5.  I could probably find a windows 7 boot up disc somewhere.  

13 minutes ago, Kitten said:

Here is what I threw together:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DerpyCat/saved/KghCmG

Honestly, this could run most games at ultra on 1080p so your budget is a bit high for something WoT-only :P

Partpicker is such a great site ... it even tells you that your build has USB 3.0 but your case doesnt  :P

4 minutes ago, Stiltzin said:

Well as of right now I am just looking for a solid build with the potential for upgrades in the future.  I do run other quirky games such as Dota, Don't starve together, civ 5.  I could probably find a windows 7 boot up disc somewhere.  

There you go - 1080p maxed out in "every" game you throw at it. Including case that doesnt look like a 13 year olds dream, BluRay reader/DVD writer and an Intel Wifi ac adapter.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/F0lterknecht/saved/bz9V3C

1 minute ago, Folterknecht said:

Partpicker is such a great site ... it even tells you that your build has USB 3.0 but your case doesnt  :P

It actually has a 3.0 port on the front, just not a full array of them. I wonder if we should be giving him a lower end build? Esp if he isn't going to playing anything except WoT the 970 is total overkill, hell even an i5 is overkill.

Just now, Kitten said:

I wonder if we should be giving him a lower end build? Esp if he isn't going to playing anything except WoT the 970 is total overkill, hell even an i5 is overkill.

If he can get a

13 minutes ago, Stiltzin said:

... a solid build with the potential for upgrades in the future.  I do run other quirky games such as Dota, Don't starve together, civ 5

Ah, I totally missed that one. @Stiltzin Folter's build is a little bit more high end though i5 4690k is probably a better CPU. 970 is obviously a better GPU (and 100 usd more when new lol) so mix and match the two and you probably get the best.

14 minutes ago, Kitten said:

i5 4690k is probably a better CPU

not really for someone who is leaving his console peasantry behind. Also he gets DDR4 with Skylake - while not faster than DDR3, upgrading in the future will be less expensive because he already has DDR4 RAM.

. 970 is obviously a better GPU (and 100 usd more when new lol) so mix and match the two and you probably get the best.

see above - that why I wouldnt mix and match in your case.

9 minutes ago, Stiltzin said:

What would be the next gpu down from the 970?  

380X/380 or GTX 960 on nVidia's side. Both the 380 and the 380x outperform the 960 in most games.

2 minutes ago, Folterknecht said:

not really for someone who is leaving his console peasantry behind. Also he gets DDR4 with Skylake - while not faster than DDR3, upgrading in the future will be much less expensive because he already has DDR4 RAM.

This is true, though being able to overclock the older cpu does give it some longevity and better perf at the moment. Though I think you can increase the multiplier on non-K skylake CPU as well? It's basically performance now vs how well you can upgrade things in the future.

Regarding the GPU(s) one step down - the 960 isnt really an option compared to the 380(X) cards. Also dont buy the the 2GB versions - that will create problems with stuttering in the future.

Alright,  just weighing my options.  I will most likely go with the @Folterknecht build.  Thanks for the help.  I guess I will start picking up some overtime in the next few weeks but it will be worth it.