1. 1. IS3 best tier 8 tank?

• yes, IS3 is the best tier 8 tank, its OP and needs a nerf
    • yes, IS3 is the best tier 8 tank, its not OP but does need a nerf
    • yes, IS3 is the best tier 8 tank, its not OP and does not need a nerf
    • no, IS3 is good, but not the best tier 8 tank, keep it as it is
    • no, IS3 is nothing special, keep it as it is
    • dunno, my tier 10 tanks dont have much problems with IS3`s

The IS3, Russian Bias to the max?

After fighting the new improved version of the IS3 for some time now (and playing it a few games again myself)

I can only wonder why, why is it so strong?

Every tank is a balance of Firepower <> armor <> mobility <> soft stats, WG in the past sometimes failed spectacular, like giving a tank no armor (WTF-E100) so it ofc needs 300% firepower, but after a while that gets fixed.

But the IS3...?? It was always the best tier 8 tanks, but after the HD rework + all the other changes to the game, i start to wonder
what the hell they are thinking...

IS3 gets a serious good gun, with amazing armor, excellent mobility, and good soft stats, whats the supposed `weakness`?

IS3 has:

• 390 alpha dmg with good pen and dpm
  • Good gun handling (if not excellent, the turret bloom is as good as Fv 215b turret bloom...)
  • After the buff good frontal hull armor, the track things bounce a ton, forcing you to aim
  • Best side armor in tier, capable of eating anything, especially HEAT,
  • Turret armor on par with T32, aka imprevious to anything but luck shots

IS3_turret_bs.png

• Its also rly fast / agile, 
  • Due to pike + frontal turret + fast + 390 alpha dmg its an excellent corner fighter

Its basically the fastest, best armored tier 8 heavy tank with the second best gun, i mean what?

I mean, what weakness does it have? bad viewrange and camo? (:serb:) and -5 gun depression? (lol)

IS3 totally murder kills anything low tier or tier 8 spmm tank, 175 pen will barely penetrate an IS3, while the IS3 hammers 390 dmg straight through your front, KV5, IS6, Wz-111, they all get out muzzeled, out speed, or out-powered by the IS3

head on only a KV4 and KT can defeat an IS3, and thats pure due to penetration / hp / armor, and only in good situations, besides that its niche tanks like ISU or hull down T32....

Infact, the IS3 seems now so good, it starts to ``shape`` the entire meta at tier 8, there are hordes of IS3 all the time, and it wipes the floor with tier 6/7 tanks and premium tanks have serious problem with it, unless they spam gold, but AP-IS6 vs IS3....?

Wot is like rock / paper / scissor, except the IS3 is a sledge hammer, which crushes the rock, brushes aside the paper and hammers down the scissor, GG

Or am i seeing something wrong? Im not often `complaining` about a tank beiing OP, but the IS3 is rly ridiculous right now...

Even before the HD super buff; when I thought of tier 8 heavies it was never the T32 or Tiger 2 it has and always will be the IS3. To be honest here I got the Jagtiger 88 and 3 marked it; I would have played it so much more than 300 battles if the IS3 had never recieved an HD buff because even with gold sliging it doesnt pen Q_Q

2 minutes ago, Folterknecht said:

Except 350m viewrange was a weakness back then.

Thanks to corridor meta that doesn't mean shit now :serb:

I may do the 50 wins required in the IS7 for consumables and maybe transfer the crew to the IS3 and 3 mark it? :doge:

Definitely didn't need the tracklink applique armour. A strong tank but I really don't fear it as much as I probably should. I think there are other elements in the game that are much more defining than an above-curve vehicle like this.

The IS-3 would be much closer to being on par with it's peers if it didn't have those ~80mm's of magic black hole armor in the sides. The rest of the tank is good but can still be defeated. But someone who knows his reverse sidescrape angles in an IS-3 can be absurdly hard to pen, even for higher tiers.

The thing that I hate the most when fighting against one of these beasts is that no matter what gun I have or how well I aim my shot, when I pull the trigger its in the hands of RNGesus :rngfu:. It bounces like crazy, even shots that should have been guaranteed pen cant get through stalinium. Well done HD model, stronku ruskie armor. Like, T32 is all about that strong turret, AMX 50 100 has autoloader and speed, but no armor, KT has armor and gun, while IS3 has everything. Hell, the turret is almost on par with the T32s, you wont be able to tell the difference in amount of bounced shots. It also has great mobility and the accuracy is a fucking joke, T32 has the same 0.41 as this monster, but lacks every other aspect of a good gun except for aim time. So it doesnt have any drawbacks except for -5 deg of gun depression and somewhat bad view range that you wont be able to feel since most maps are just one big corridor.

10 minutes ago, Deusmortis said:

Been a long time since I played...  Does it still have the sunroof weakness on the turret?

It does, but it's small and well hidden that it's hard to call it a real weakspot, since hitting it is mostly in the hands of RNG no matter the distance. As for the rest, agreed 100% with Gehakte. It's absurdly overpowering anything in the tier and in lots of cases even above it's tier. There's a reason why lots of people jokingly calls it "best T10 heavy tank" In the last patch IS-6 is coming in closely in the race for the most absurdly broken T8 heavy. HD models, best models bois(but only if it's rashan) :doge:

9 minutes ago, Deusmortis said:

Been a long time since I played...  Does it still have the sunroof weakness on the turret?

Yes. 20mm of armor that can be overmatched with just about anything it'll see. The stock turret, however, is rated at 50mm and will bounce at severe angles.

8 minutes ago, Deusmortis said:

Yup.

-----------------------

T29/T32 are dead tanks when IS-3 is fighting them and there is no single APCR left. Balance...

1 hour ago, Siimcy said:

I may do the 50 wins required in the IS7 for consumables and maybe transfer the crew to the IS3 and 3 mark it? :doge:

@Siimcy   If you do decide to do that it's a very easy third mark, 2.5k dpg did it for me I think.

Just now, Zepherex said:

IS-3 swarms are so fucking annoying when playing tier 8 SH's. Our whole line up is shit prem tanks that 50% of them need to spam gold if they want to do anything to the IS-3's.

Then they post a ss of their win against whatever top clan in their try hard set up on the official forums like it actually means anything. :^)

I'm one of those types that think the IS-3 is a tad too strong in certain areas but the accumulative skill ceiling isn't the best. 

I think the T32 is a better IS-3 because it doesn't deal with bad aim time, bad depression and overall unwieldy frontal armor.

Wheras you can overmatch Tiger II's, the T32 can just sprem it's face and whereas you can reverse sidescrape with near invincibility, the T32 can sidescrape moderately well AND hull down anywhere it likes.

Speed is relative: IS-3 goes 38kph and T32 goes 35kph. I don't feel the difference and both are definitely serviceable.

IS-3 is very strong but not unica-level Czech tank OP.

WG should certainly nerf the tank by giving her 20mm strip side armor back. Because fuck the IS-3.

I honestly don't see how the IS-3 is OP, 175 pen can get through the lower plate and a angled pike nose. There are many tanks that can pen it with ease, yes some premium tanks will have some trouble but they are premium tanks, just load some gold if you can't pen, you'll still make a profit.

Even if the IS-3 is hull down, you can shoot it in the commanders hatch, the thin armor on its top, and there is thin armor just under the turret ring.

56e74418f14c3_ScreenShot2016-03-15at10.0

The WZ-111 and the KV-5 have ALOT more armor, just saying.

26 minutes ago, Hoolfool said:

@Siimcy   If you do decide to do that it's a very easy third mark, 2.5k dpg did it for me I think.

2,5k combined? Whew, thought it was more but then again I don't really play T8s.

5 minutes ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

It's probably OP at this point and the HD model buff was stupid af, but if nothing else, I don't usually find it painful to play against.

Now the old KV-1S, that was something else.

The old KV. :eww:

4 minutes ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

It's probably OP at this point and the HD model buff was stupid af, but if nothing else, I don't usually find it painful to play against.

Now the old KV-1S, that was something else.

I don't even think the HD remodel is OP, you can pen it with 175 pen from almost anywhere.

13 minutes ago, The English German said:

I honestly don't see how the IS-3 is OP, 175 pen can get through the lower plate and a angled pike nose. There are many tanks that can pen it with ease, yes some premium tanks will have some trouble but they are premium tanks, just load some gold if you can't pen, you'll still make a profit.

Even if the IS-3 is hull down, you can shoot it in the commanders hatch, the thin armor on its top, and there is think armor just under the turret ring.

56e74418f14c3_ScreenShot2016-03-15at10.0

The WZ-111 and the KV-5 have ALOT more armor, just saying.

Armor scheme, yeah, but in reality it's pure fucking RNG nothing else. IS3 is made of bullshitium armor and you have to carefully aim else you'll probs bounce. Today I've driven my Škoda T50 and had HEAT loaded, met an IS3 and I proceed to bounce 2/3 shells while he wasn't even angled and on even ground, even bounced his lower plate at 20m with 310 HEAT. I'm positive that this armor changes every half second because of how fucking troll it is. :doge: